How do you guys stop manic episodes? they keep ruining my life

How do you guys stop manic episodes? they keep ruining my life

Attached: 3664DF5F-FF68-4046-9279-A0ABA50570AF.jpg (823x971, 360.89K)

Why would you want to stop one? The impulse to do what must be done is amazing, and I'm glad that I can invoke them with a bit of effort.
Just control them properly and aim your mania at what should be done.

>The impulse to do what must be done
This is not what happens.

>How do you guys stop manic episodes?
antipsychotics.

Or wait.
Do you have enough awareness of Truth to be able to tell the difference between a correct use of mania, vs. the hallucinations and delusions that emotions try to insert into your brain?
If you lack that awareness, need to develop it, so you can use your emotions correctly. Emotions really are insidious with the way they insert suggestions into your mind. Which is fine when their suggestions are correct, but when they aren't, it can be hard to tell that the emotion is suggesting lies to you.

Works for me. I become reckless and impulsive but it doesn't make me suddenly start liking things that I should not like.

Make a tulpa. they will always be there for you.

Thanks you user. That is good advice. I also understand what you mean. My manic episodes start with me doing retarded shit like rocking back and forth then mumbling, then if its particularly bad I drive super fast.
But towards the end of it I always focus hard on what needs to be done like you said. For instance I had one today. I yelled at a friend, probably lost him, started freaking out, then ended it with planning out my education for the next 3 years

With the self-control you need to split off two separate consciousnesses in your brain, it'd be far easier to split yourself off from your brain's mania and stop using mania when it's not needed.
Plus your tulpa is likely to have the same poor self-control you do, and be as susceptible to mania as you are. They are the same brain.

That isn't mania, that's ADHD. ADHD actually is a problem.
Planning something isn't the same thing as doing something. Use of mania to plan is not a valid use of mania since you will not be in the manic state when it comes time to execute your plan. The way to do things is to do them, not plan them.

I'm not a retarded American and I don't believe every mishap I ever experience is mental illness. Dunno.

Manic episodes can be different for people and some people have exclusively manic highs or lows. Either way it doesn't sound like fun. Feel amazing and do things you'll regret or feel like shit and do nothing productive. Doesn't help that manic episodes can last multiple days.

How would I channel my mania into long term action? I need full brain power for 8 years before I can fix my life. I used my mania today and the past couple of days to block out the voices to focus and think on what needs to be done, but you are right, I will lack that ability to do it when it comes time

>Manic episodes can be different for people
Seems legit.
In my case, if I control what I enjoy while I'm in my normal state, then those habits persist in my manic state - i.e. what I've chosen to enjoy stays the same.
> Feel amazing and do things you'll regret or feel like shit and do nothing productive.
The key is to enjoy doing productive things when you're sober, and just keep doing that while elevated.
And yes, yes I do know that being reckless and headstrong can lead to me over-committing to what I want and burning bridges, I didn't need to burn, but eh. I am prioritising what I want, I'm just more callous to sacrifices, and that's fine. Honestly sometimes sacrifices need to be made in pursuit of what you want.

>How would I channel my mania into long term action?
1. Want to perform useful actions
2. Do it
>to block out the voices to focus and think on what needs to be done
I don't have said voices.
Or if I do they aren't really strong. For instance yes, I do occasionally hallucinate what other people might be thinking, or what might happen in the future. I think that's called "Intuition". But it doesn't force me to act on it, and I am aware that my intuition isn't real.
(Though it becomes real more often than it's proven false, which is why I keep having it)

In regards to uncontrolled voices, I've simply never had them so I can't relate.
If I did have them, I'd just practice having the correct voices and overwrite them with what I'd want to be told instead.
Or failing that I'd disagree with the voices, not do what they're trying to have me think and feel, and place less importance on their bullshit.
Sort of like how I choose to feel less pain, cold, or hunger. Sure, your body might still be bitching at you, but (You) don't have to agree with your body's bitching, and you can choose how you feel to some degree.
I can't shut out the feeling of sticking my hand in boiling water (though I can reduce it), but I can shut out the feeling of stubbing my toe. So it's not perfect, but a bit of self-control does help.
I have no idea if that works on voices or not, but since it works on damn near anything else in your brain I assume it would.

Would it be possible to live in a constant manic high? Reading your posts and relating it to my own experiences makes it seem like thats a really good idea. No more depressive slumps where I fall behind, become stressed, which leads to a manic high and the cycle repeats.
I hear yelling 24/7 and I have to expend a lot of energy to think clearly. What I usually do is power through in short bursts and plan, then try my best in the slumps to enact that plan.

That does work but I lack the willpower to shut them out longer than 5 minutes if im not at the end of an episode

Also thank you user. Your posts have been clarifying and helpful

>Would it be possible to live in a constant manic high?
For you, maybe.
For me, I get dopamine crash after less than 6 hours which puts me in a low-energy state where a sense of "not worth it to do it" tries to infect my mind.
And I'll be blunt. The harder I push the mania, the harder the crash pushes back, so it does overpower me.
>No more depressive slumps where I fall behind
Do you know how much effort it takes to disagree with a week-long emotion? You can do it, but my god is it going to be a strain. Everyone has limited willpower, and you're quite likely to reach your limit deciding on emotions other than depression.
Sure, try it, but know your limits and don't over-exert yourself and burn yourself out (like I did the first time I tried it like the total fucking reckless spaz I am).
>which leads to a manic high
Shove your conscious decision-making in between your stress and your impulse to be manic. You can interrupt that connection.
>I hear yelling 24/7 and I have to expend a lot of energy to think clearly.
I am sorry, but I have never experienced anything like this, and I cannot relate.

It sounds like you have a LOT stronger intruders in your mind than I do, so it's good that you progress.

You're welcome.

For example.
I'm a fat shit who struggles to walk for 2 hours in a row without getting tired, as my baseline.

Disagreeing with pain is like sprinting 50 meters, in terms of mental effort.
Disagreeing with hunger is like a leisurely stroll - sure, it's fine for the first few hours, but after that you're like "goddamn this is wearing on me"
Disagreeing with anger is like lifting an empty fridge, and the fridge thinks you're a pussy faggot. Doable but can't maintain it for longer than about 10 minutes.
Disagreeing with depression is like walking up stairs. Sure, you can do it, but to do so constantly? For a week? I honestly don't think I could do it. At most I could do so for like an hour.

After thinking on your posts, I realized I can summon a manic episode on command. I have had so many. I just need to block out the fear. I think what I will try to do is go manic on Sunday, make it last through the week, do the things I need to do for my master plan, then rest on Saturday, so I dont burn out.
Thank you again user. I never realized I could use them to my advantage
P.S. to anyone in a similar situation, never take antipsychotics, they are called chemical lobotomies for a reason. I regret so much taking them for as long as I did

>what I will try to do is go manic on Sunday, make it last through the week
Bad. You're making plans that require you committing to a decision while in a manic state.
Plan ahead better and realise that while manic, you're going to go hard on what you _want_ to do, not what you plan to do. And while manic you're going to burn yourself out because while manic you fail to measure your own energy level.
>do the things I need to do for my master plan
Plans are copium and larp. If you're gonna do something, do it. That's my stance.