Games that helped you through a hard time

post them and rant about them and argue about them

Attached: Raul.png (578x670, 351.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OuSSXOQ-1bI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i played ESO until i lost my job and apartment and still kept playing it for a while after that

Attached: eso.jpg (1600x900, 207.72K)

when i was 21 i was going through some shit and bein real depressed or whatever so my roommate had a buddy buy us a 30 rack of beer and have a bro night where we just drank and played the entire story mode of MK9. I think they're both dead now. They were in a rockabilly cult that buried people in backyards under pools constructed by their landscaping company. God Bless.

Attached: LincolnMK9.jpg (1280x960, 576.39K)

when i quit weed i started playing this game after it came out. i drank instead. sure, old heads will tell me the original is better, and they're right for many reasons. there's something about it that's still very comfy for me, even with the stupid filter and the linear storytelling and gameplay. i've probably played through it about 20 times. missing link DLC is fine, but sort of underwhelming by the end. shame that the Directors Cut is a buggy pile of shit, but if you want a seamless playthrough between the main game and the DLC you have to play it.

Attached: never asked.jpg (1280x720, 70.12K)

Minecraft. I have literally like 600+ games on steam and 9 years but less collective playtime than single servers on minecraft XD

I was being an apathethic faggot while playing elden ring, the tedium of the open world affected my ability to enjoy what made souls good, the dungeon crawling, I had to get drunk just to get past a section
So I just uninstalled that shit and started my 1st playtrough of metal gear rising, holy shit what a game what a soundtrack, listen to this
youtu.be/OuSSXOQ-1bI

>live alone
>25 khhv
>7th floor
>get horrible urge to jump that lasted 3 days
>kept telling myself that I still haven't finished Skyrim
>still here
thanks, Todd

Half-Life.

Growing up in poverty and abuse I found great comfort in the half-life games, and all the source/goldsrc games that stemmed from them. I met one of my closest friends on hl2dm in 2010 and we still talk every day about the good old days. Servers we frequented, communities that have long since died, we both nostalgia bait each other constantly.

Every time you start Hl2 you see the name "Viktor Antonov", being credited as the lead visual designer and concept artist. He's from the same country as me and I always thought that if he could make it out of this shithole and end up working at fucking Valve of all places, then maybe one day I could become at least 1/10th as successful.

Attached: 22046657.jpg (960x684, 74.87K)

7th floor jump is a coin flip in any case

I wouldn't say it was a particularly hard time but during high school I got my first gaming PC and could play modded Skyrim for the first time and it was the most immersed I've ever been in a game. I literally did nothing but wake up and play Skyrim then sleep, for weeks. I'm pretty sure it was during a holiday and when I went back to school I felt genuinely unnerved to be in the real world, like it wasn't where I belonged. I wish I could be that drawn into a game again but it hasn't happened.

Attached: hPcULqw-Rs0Vi27B1YYOiIaFTAmLDCD3p0icoUyIlOE.jpg (1600x900, 477.53K)

>age of empires 2
>starcraft brood war
These helped cope with childhood.
>sid meier's alpha centauri
I grew up fatherless and with a bad habit of turning fictional dictators into father figures. Chairman Yang was probably the healthiest one to have had.
>saya no uta
good vn for psychopathic robots who like horror
>talos principle
let me start to see beauty in the world

> Chairman Yang
this drone is in need of nerve stapling.

Attached: prok_Fac_Ldr_015.png (162x197, 20.05K)

Same here, I put a lot of hours into ESO in good times and bad. Also checked.

I've sunk atleast 2k-3k hours into the game in my life and I've never even beaten it once. I mean I beat the main story but never the DLCs, because once I discovered what modding was and I got good at immersing myself, I just became a trader/a farmer/a simple mercenary leader and such small tasks in the game all of a sudden had so much more meaning.

Attached: 3467563825673568.jpg (1806x1016, 523.7K)

Deus ex, even though a lot of it I didnt understand at the time, I really felt a kinship with the plight of JC Denton, who started seeing more and more cracks in the wall the further he went. Im pretty sure my parents hated it, which was very telling.

Well I'm playing Metroid Dread and I'm thinking there could be a plot around a galactic federation scientist splicing his dna with ridley after observing the dragon for some time. The end result is some character akin to the bounty hunter that follows samus at the end of prime 3. But more redeemable and sympathetic. Give picrel some wings and it might make for interesting dynamic. Having him as a 2nd playable character perhaps.

Forgot picrel.
Vor

Attached: metroid-1986-ridley-concept-ninja-person-human-animal-transparent-png-1348152.png (1000x981, 197.39K)

Left 4 dead 2
I've constantly been playing it since January.
Going through a really shit time, so it helps

Basically any in depth strategy game that allows racial genocide and slavery, I like stellaris personally

the power fantasy really helps to cope with being powerless irl

Attached: 19524ebda57c98a506fa3c6389edc370_original.jpg (1024x576, 173.02K)

Oh and it also allows a safe outlet for me to live out and express my extremely racist worldview

That's a nice story user. Half-Life's influence, especially as engine (or series of engines) can't be understated. Hopefully it will continue someday along the same lines, but I doubt it. The original Half-Life and Source modding scenes were unique.