How do reject or overcome nihilism?

How do reject or overcome nihilism?

Attached: 1647867947099.gif (685x452, 1.06M)

Have

Become a Creationist

You can be smart and believe in God. In fact, you can't even claim that religion is false and still be science-minded if you've never tested it.

Start by examining your philosophical assumptions, defining terms and asking yourself questions.

Read the Kybalion. Saved me from an heroing. You have to want it, to be interested in it first though

Attached: Trismegustis.jpg (197x255, 19K)

If you are a philosophy nerd without a social life read this

Attached: The-Essence-of-Nihilism-1050st-b51ba5f47f05be4c210d3c967053204a.jpg (637x1050, 311.45K)

Embrace it. Nothing matters. Nothing is stopping you. Nothing has intrinsic meaning. So you can do what you like. Decide what's important to you, decide how a person ought to live, think what you might like to do. Think what you can do. It's all up to you, and you and your ideas are no more or less intrinsically "worthy" than anyone else.

Nihilism is a starting point, it's certainly not an end. It's freedom. Just do what you like, there is no "ought" or "should".

Were it me, I'd decide to treat people well, and get away with as little work or other unpleasantness as possible. Up to you though. Nothing to cry about, like you can't cope without some metaphysical parent-figure telling you what to do. There isn't one, so get over it, or don't.

Some people find meaning in art, or creating things. Up you you, you're only obliged to keep your basic physical needs met and don't break any big laws. You're free and there's no intrinsic meaning. So is everyone else, but many of them don't realise it. Even if it's a bit depressing, it's the truth, so you're ahead there really.

Embracing nihilism can help you feel better, and it's really the only sane choice at this point in the history of thought and culture.

Bit of a glum cover. There many laughs in it?

Don't be a npc basically

You know what's honestly a good book, philosophy, "guide to life"-wise? Preacher. The comic. No idea about the TV series but every other conversion of a comic to anything is never as good as the original thing, so I'll assume it doesn't match up. Equally films are never as good as books and TV series never as good as films. Anyway now we've got that out of the way.

Preacher. Mostly cos Jesse is a thoughtful guy, a bit old-fashionedly masculine, but it's important to him to be a good man, it's probably the second-most important thing (after his wumman) in his life (and her being the most important is just another reflection of his philosophy). To do what's right by people, to give your word and stick to it, not to pick on the weak. Don't take shit from fools. All that sort of shit.

Kinda macho bullshit but it's a cowboy story so it pretty much has to be. But a great story and probably Ennis's best work, his funniest too. A lot of his stuff after seems a bit like a re-tread of the stuff people liked in Preacher.

Anyway... it's about a small-town preacher who didn't want to be a preacher anyway, who becomes possessed with the ability to make anyone do his bidding, and a conspiracy within Catholicism tries to capture him, and all sorts of revolting hilarious scatalogical shit happens through it all. Definitely worth a look, get the first trade paperback, or first few issues, as cbr if you must, see if you take to them. It's actually informed my thinking quite a bit, even as a limp-wristed bleeding-heart leftist.

literally the opposite. npcs never stop and think about this stuff

just say no to nihilism
you don't have to believe in nihilism, if you don't want to
noone forces you to do it

What is nihilism?

You can be smart and have delusions.

You can be smart and a mute.

Your can be smart and have dyscalculia.

You can be smart and make points that rely on words that are so vague as to be meaningless.

You can also be dumb and do that, clearly.

Just want to show appreciation for amusing post before the thread dies. Great post, I laughed.

First of all, "a" god. There are lots. Hundreds throughout history in fact. Entire pantheons now confined to glass cases in museums. And that's the ones that left writing and artefacts we can make sense of. Before that, countless tribal gods and elemental gods and spirits of this and that. All worshipped and revered. For some we just have weird faces on carvings. The one you subscribe to isn't any more important than any of the others that came before or after.

Yes of course religions aren't (usually) falsifiable. That's the entire point. But on the balance of probabilities, doesn't it seem unlikely that the god of the religion that prevails in the time and place you were born, happens to be the real one that exists?

How do you explain the pantheons, the Hindus, the Norse, who believe in completely different gods, and not yours? Were their religions really written by the gods like they claim? Was truth passed down via avatars and messengers? How come the gods of different geographic regions, are all different? If there was one real god, wouldn't he want everyone in the world to know the truth about him? Why would he only concentrate on Europe and it's colonies? Doesn't he want the Chinese or Indians to believe in him?

If he's not manifested himself to all those people, and they are therefore denied a heavenly afterlife, isn't that sort of dickish of him? Unfair? Or do Hindus actually get reincarnated while Muslims get to live in Paradise? Buddhists just die and stop existing.

If a god really exists then that's extremely fucking important! The world needs to know! So why such a shitty job of disseminating this fact? Why are religions usually cultural, while science is universal?

Just doesn't make sense.

Choose humorism, if it makes for good humor there must be some good in it.
Then humormaxx and get healthy until you figure out how to generate pleasant/joyful emotions anywhere.

>Why are religions usually cultural, while science is universal?
Psalm 82 says people are gods, and people are cultural.
>How do you explain the pantheons
Exodus 20 says, "You shall have no gods before me," not that there are no other gods.

Reddit spacing for a Reddit tier post. Is this post satirical or has this board gone this shit.

CAPTCHA: NARK0

>Psalm 82 says people are gods,
Doesn't the rest of the Bible make the point quite heavily that there's just the one god, and it's the one who keepeth smiting everybody and giving them commandments? As a pantheist Christian I don't think you're representative of the mainstream.

>Exodus 20 says, "You shall have no gods before me," not that there are no other gods.
So, other religions are all TRUE? Really? That's what you're actually saying? This isn't a competition to outsmart someone with Bible quotes, I'm asking seriously. Cos different religions have different cosmologies, and explanations of where the world and mankind came from. They contradict each other.

So you believe in all religions, and that human beings are gods? If we're gods, what powers do we have? I don't feel very omnipotent, or omniscient, or omni-anything really. I'm approaching all this as supposed basic, real facts. Like how existence actually IS. Not logical dodges. Surely as a religious person you have quite strong beliefs? This shit is important whether it's true or false.