Being a wagie 40 hours a week is boring and soul crushing, very little free time

>Being a wagie 40 hours a week is boring and soul crushing, very little free time
>Being a NEET 24/7 is also boring and occasionally soul crushing, lots of free time but no interests
I just can't win bros...

Even if I had time, I do not know what to do with it. Even if I have money I don't really want anything.
Why even live? Buy things for comfort? Spend time watching endless shows, chasing feels? What is the point of all this?
I feel no accomplishment. Hobbies do not interest me. The material world is chasing something you can never really catch and keep.
Time is always marching on, and I'm always behind.

Attached: o.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

how old are you, and what is stopping you from pursuing or having interests in hobbies outside of work?

There's something worth living for. All that matters is your brain chemistry. You have to slowly start improving that

>How old are you?
mid twenties.
>What's stopping you from pursuing hobbies?
Just not interested. Everything takes effort and I have no effort or energy to give.
The little bursts of energy I do get and do something with end up all being dead ends. I feel no accomplishment or satisfaction with myself, I always just ask "what's next"

The void within me apparently cannot be filled.

sounds like depression. get it checked out. on the flip side, i found that making myself get up and do things, even if i was exhausted or didnt have the energy, would build up physical endurance. i never truly appreciated hobbies on the side until i started working more demanding jobs and then had the energy on off days to find stuff to do.
how do you like your job? what do you do?

If that's depression then my entire life has been depression.
>What's your job?
I have bounced around several jobs over the years trying to find something I can cope with, but always quit a few months in, if I even get that far.
Some manufacturing, food service, dishwashing, package sorting, retail. All makes me want to end my existence.

I just really struggle to see the point. Don't get me wrong, some aspects of life are amazing. Like being aware enough to appreciate nature and other wild things, but the amount of bullshit you have to slog through to simply get the time-limited chance to enjoy those things makes it all moot.
The things you must do to yourself to do anything pleasurable make it seem not worth it at all.

I'm so angry, and feel so small. The world is too large for me and my options too grinding and spirit crushing for me to want anything but the extinction of all life on this planet.

Attached: 14479528378653.png (1431x899, 1.7M)

might have been depression if you havent been going to a doctor. the thing about that mindset is that people have a way of thinking things are giant and impossible when they reall arent that big, or are at least very doable. depression again does that. im no doctor, but i have a funny feeling that if you talk or consult with a doctor about these feelings, and he deems you do have depression, with medicine and "therapy" (i say therapy in quotes becuse its a lot of different things, could be medicine, exercise, cognitive behavioral therapy, etc.) that can get you on the right path.
it was going to a doctor, and then getting a very active job that required being outside a lot that broke the cycle of depression and anhedonia for me. thats when i started having more energy to do things when i wasnt working.
if you believe in Vitamin D being extremely good for you, i would give supplements a shot. again, not a doctor. people say going outside is good for that reason, its why i mentioned my job.
its a lot of steps, but its not a lot of hassle, even with your mindset, and the most challenging part is starting it. after that, its smooth sailing

I literally just walk around outside for 4-7 hours almost every day, do home workouts and yoga classes, watch lots of videos and occasionally even read books about spirituality and metaphysics. Along with sleeping and daily chores that takes up all of my time, and life is fun and worthwhile. I don't even play video games and don't watch many actual TV shows or movies- despite having Amazon and HBO access online, cause there is so much other things to do.

Also I did used to be a full time wagie. I worked 50 hours a week and paid to rent a room. Had plenty of money since I never took a vacation or had a drivers' license, but between work-sleep-repeat there was too little time to do anything of substance. Maybe go for a short walk before work, watch a movie before bed, but it's all so dull and pointless. Realizing that would be work life no matter what I do or how much money is why I ended up NEET since I was 24, now 32.

for me stimulants helped until they didn't, coffee made somewhat of an improvement but yerba mate was just what the doctor ordered, I had this "positive rush" feeling that made me want to start chipping away at my hobbies as a NEET
at least I felt that way for a few months until I developed a tolerance and then it just made me poop a lot and I'd get really bad headaches and get really cranky

>Being a NEET 24/7 is also boring
It's only bad if you're boring. NEETdom is not a path for npcs to tread.

Unironically write a book. All that effort you use to complain is better utilized solving your problems instead.

>I literally just walk around outside for 4-7 hours almost every day
Doesnt it get lonely? Do you have friends or a gf?

The activities you mentioned don't sound like they'd fill a whole day, though I basically just rot on the computer from dawn til dusk. It's super boring and meaningless.

>what is stopping you from pursuing or having interests in hobbies outside of work?
Leaving home at 8am and getting back at 6pm then getting ready to do it all over again gets in the way of most hobbies.

I'm rather sceptical about your advice
You can have this kind of lifestyle if you're one of the few people lucky enough to be doing what they really, truly desire in life. For the vast majority of people the quiet desperation that OP is talking about is the norm, they just block it out with petty desires and brain emptying pleasures, chasing relationships, doing drugs, sports, gambling, gaming.
If you can't lose yourself in that, life is suddenly a very daunting prospect.

I was a NEET for years but got sick of it. Vidya got boring, doomscrolling got boring and as much as I denied it, I was getting lonely. I picked up a part-timer at a sandwich shop a few months back and starting flipping some stuff on eBay. Feeling much better about myself and I still have enough free time. I'm still in the middle of losing weight, but once I get to where I want I'm gonna look into bartending. Same amount of hours as I'm doing now but better pay and obviously a better atmosphere than a franchised sandwich shop.

NEET life destroys your mentality after awhile. I'm still getting my social skills sharpened after years of only seeing my best friend 2/3 times per year, but I'm getting there. It helps to get in shape.

no
My main activity of most days is a long walk outside, and I probably spend just as much time on the computer. Along with eating, pissing/shitting, sleeping, cleaning up, watching youtube or TV and reading books I always feel like there's not enough time in the day and I'm having so much fun.
> I basically just rot on the computer from dawn til dusk. It's super boring and meaningless.
Well duh, try to do other things besides that.

What do you think about teaching English in Asia?

not falling for this meme

That's because waging is a bum deal. You spend your time making someone else money with your quantifiable and tangible effort and time spent. It's never been a worse deal too with rampant inflation, low wages and general demoralization of the work force.

At the same time, most people need structure and need something to do in order to live a happy and healthy life. Most people just stagnate and deteriorate when they're a neet, isolating themselves from other people and the world, often times being a drain on their loved ones.

The real goal in life is to find a purpose. You can be poor but have more satisfaction in life than a rich man if you have your purpose. For a lot of wagies of time past, the greatest purpose bestowed on them was having kids, and the job, whatever it was, became less a dilemma of "am a happy doing this" and more of a "i'm happy i can provide". People aren't having kids now so a lot of men are just in this weird limbo. But everyone has a purpose, and there's many out there. You just need to find yours, OP.

Attached: 1646739660872.jpg (480x459, 24.78K)

Maybe neither are inherently boring and you are instead depressed

They really are for anyone who has two braincells to rub together. Even if they're not boring they're deeply dissatisfying.