Growing up with strict parents

>Early 20s
>Grew up with strict Catholic parents
>Went to church every week.
>Made me keep 100% in exams in an all girls Catholic high school
>Would make me do chores, have curfew and no boys or friends in the house
>Dad would always berate me for low grades and mom would always go on a psychotic break when I failed at my sports
>In University, being bullied and depressed have to call my parents everyday

I have no freedom,never have, never will. I will say Im glad they raised me strict because it gave me structure for the first 18 years. But everything changed in University

Anyone grow up with strict parents? And did you like it and help you as an adult after high school?

Attached: Screenshot_20220321-233515_Instagram.jpg (716x851, 334.54K)

These sre all good things. Are you an apostate who has lapsed.

Will you marry me? Not joking even a little.

>In University, being bullied and depressed have to call my parents everyday
Who has the time to bully people in university seems weird probably imagining that stuff

Are you one of those good catholic girls who saves her hymen for her husband but is a raging anal whore for anyone else? Best girls desu

My single mom homeschooled me and was incredibly strict and I couldn't handle the freedom when I went to college so now i'm neeting in my dad's basement

It seems that they didn't prepare you enough for the outside world. Which is actually seen as the "common" thing here in East Asia.

This actually sounds decent. We can go well with each other

My parents weren't strict. I'm a 32 year old virgin and every new day is worse than the previous.

Yes. Traditional Asian parents. I was very bad at grades academically. I remember I had this major exam which would decide which secondary school I would go to and I did badly (relative to their expectations). They went on for the whole night about how I had failed and would get nowhere in life. I still remember how they looked at me with sheer and utter disdain. By some cruel joke they still made me apply to this elite school my dad really wanted me to go to because he and my brother went to it even though with my grades I had no chance of getting in.

I managed to get to university but my life is a complete mess. I'm struggling because all the book shit don't help you with actual, real world problems like coding.

I had a similar upbringing, but am a guy

>forced to go to Church every weekend
>parents would yell at me if I got Bs
>extremely strict, would brainwash me that drinking, sex was evil
>go to college and am complete freak relative to other people
>outcast since I didn't drink or go to parties
>when girls wanted to have sex with me I'd think they were whores

I've since graduated college last spring, but their upbringing definitely had a significant impact on me. I've seen other people raised in a similar way swing to the opposite extreme, which I don't want either, but at the same time I definitely want a more normal lifestyle. Not sure what to do atm, currently deciding what career to pursue

Attached: 14.jpg (1024x752, 48.01K)

Being a committed Christian will absolutely get you bullied in a place dedicated to hedonism and nihilism

You're literally bully material especially with the girls if youre a goody goody girl who is the only 20 year old who doesnt wear skirts and doesnt go to parties. Its definitely a culture shock being in University

I was more or less a prisoner from the day I turned 13 to the day I left for college since my parents read too many scare articles about what teenagers got into. They were constantly paranoid that I was doing drugs, having sex (lmfao, thanks for the compliment I guess), getting into crime, etc. never mind I didn't have a fucking car, the rich suburb we lived in had non-existent crime since it was a commuter town with fucking nothing to do (at least within walking distance, hell the closest grocery store was 5 miles on foot over hills and valleys), and was getting straight A's in honors and AP classes without even a detention on my non-existent disciplinary record. Speaking of grades, since it was less than 100% it still was not good enough. The fact I didn't have a disciplinary record meant I was a "mater criminal" which I guess is true since the only way to survive was to only reveal the minimum amount of information since it would always be used against you later on. Then I left for college and they were 1000% convinced I would land in a jail cell within the first week, which didn't happen. I would say they were disappointed I proved them wrong by not becoming a total degenerate, but that wasn't anything they instilled in me. It was simply because my autism makes it so I do not find those things fun.

They take it to the west and it hilariously blows up in their face too. It's a product of the narcissistic family structure most Asian societies encourage. The most infuriating thing is that they take credit for any good thing that happens to you but any bad things are all your fault.

Which university do you go to?

I live in Ireland so you wouldn't know

Where the fuck do you think they were before they got into university? I'll spell it out: high school, where bullying is normal. A lot of those kids end up flunking out by the middle of the second semester of their first year, but the first semester is always brutal if you're in the dorms with a bunch of freshmen since everyone hasn't grown out of their high school mentality yet.

>I have no freedom,never have, never will.
You have the freedom to be able to live according to the good, or at the very least according to your will. I envy that. I spent my 20's cycling in and out of being NEET, never being able to complete college. I am a slave to my desires. Being able to choose between Coke and Pepsi isn't freedom, being able to choose water every time is freedom.

I guess all western universities are like that? They have sex here in Asian universities, but its largely in dorms.

By the way, you vaguely remind me of a girl I used to know who I met here. She was skittish, overly anxious, and cowardly though so even if you were her you'd probably lie and say no. Are you from Texas though, but went to college in New York, are you ethnically Italian?

>meeting girls on r9k
Marginally better than meeting them in a damp alley on a street used by prostitutes

>Deflective response that ignores question
On par for her, if you are her I can't believe I used to be hung up on you, wish I could erase you from my memory so I'd be less jaded