NEET/Hikikomori General Thread

NEET/Hikikomori General Thread

Does the NEET life make you depressed?

>NEET

>The acronym for (Not In Education Employment Or Training)

>Hikikomori

>Hikikomori is a Japanese term when translated into English it means pulling inward being confined (Acute social withdrawal) Hikikomori is a distinct social condition that refers to the phenomenon of reclusive adolescents and young adults who have withdrawn from society seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement due to various personal social cultural and psychological issues in their lives

>Contrary to popular belief most hikikomori go outdoors but are just isolated socially and still spend most of the day and nearly every single day confined at home in their rooms

>The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare defines hikikomori as a condition in which the affected individuals refuse to leave their parents house, do not work or go to school and isolate themselves away from society and their family in a single room for a period exceeding six months

>The Hikikomori Criteria and Diagnosis

>1. Subject spends most of the day confined at home, nearly every single day.

>2. Subject purposefully avoids social situations and social relationships

>3. Subject shows clear significant functional impairment,

>4. Subject shows social withdrawal symptoms for .a duration of 6 months or more

>5. Subject has no physical condition nor other severe psychological problem that is the cause of the social withdrawal (Mainly excluding those with psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia)

>While hikikomori is mostly only a Japanese phenomenon cases of the condition have been found in other countries

People who work are receiving an education or have a social life are NOT hikikomori.

All hikikomori are by definition NEET but not all NEETs and recluses are hikikomori

People who work are receiving an education or are in vocational education/job training are NOT a NEET

Attached: hikikomori_youngman.png (800x800, 298.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21740689/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kzc1Yc3vB8
imgur.com/r/Incels/OyOid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Does the NEET life make you depressed?
Yes, but I see no other solution.

>I see no other solution.

Suicide.

I'm only 20 years old but I can already see myself getting into the NEET life. I tried to get my license but I'm actually just too retarded to drive.
I can't go anywhere to work because I live in the middle of no where, I need a car to get around. I moved back in with my mom 3 months ago and ever since I've just been rotting in my room doing nothing.

I was depressed before I became a neet so really nothing has changed

>I was depressed before I became a neet so really nothing has changed

same here.

It's more like I skipped depression and went straight into spiritual death
Neet life is hell and I want out but every single muscle in my body has been eaten away leaving only flab. I can't even fathom doing 9-5 labor let alone 2 hours a day

I've been a NEET for 11 years, no, I'm not depressed. I'm comfy. I hang out with my good friends, I play some vidya, I watch anime, I learn some interesting things on the net, I lift some heavy iron and I eat me a fat steakie after. I sleep on my big comfy bed while listening to angelic choirs every night as my body relaxes completely and I wake up again ready for another beautiful day. I love being a NEET. I get neetbux too btw.

Attached: neetcomfy.jpg (1080x1439, 178.35K)

white male neet
lucci#0713

despite the efforts of a wide and sophisticated network of gangstalkers and demoralization shills, i have not killed myself

Yes and no. But It's want I want atm. Hope to get neetbux soon tho :D

Attached: boomer_boymoder.png (512x512, 248.74K)

Been a NEET since graduating high school in 2011.

Been a neet since 2017. No friends. Might work at greenhouse or factory. I smoke weed so I don't know what doesn't drug test. At least I am cleaning my house more lately

It used to but after I realized I don't even want to be a part of this society and completely gave up I became much happier.

Watcha been doing for the last 10 years at home user? Lots of vidya, anime?

take zinc
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21740689/

Once you stop wanting to become a part of society, you make up your own standards for comfiness. The first 6 minutes of this lecture is probably the biggest neetpill I've listened to, highly recommend a listen.
youtube.com/watch?v=6kzc1Yc3vB8

>I get neetbux too btw.
Are you in America? How do you get neetbux?

I'm American. I get it for schizophrenia, I've seen this guide passed around the net for a while and heard of NEETs using it successfully.
imgur.com/r/Incels/OyOid

Vidya, but of recent that doesn't satisfy me, it seems to come in waves though.

these threads either die out quickly or devolve into normies arguing over being "sort of a neet"

You should check out Risk of Rain 2, that's a fun game, especially if you have some lads. I've been playing a lot of OSRS recently, I quit and come back once in a while, you ever try it?

not really, sometimes I regret being a NEET for the past 7 year(my entire twenties, i'm 27) but any other shitty entry level job I could have gotten would have been miserable anyway