A ps5 and an electric guitar cost about the same

>A ps5 and an electric guitar cost about the same
I tried to get a "real" hobby but for the guitar I'd still have to buy an amp

Attached: 1647105243493.png (600x600, 344.4K)

Ya but u would have to buy games for a ps5 lol

Surely they don't cost as much as an amp, right?

I doubt you could buy a ps5 even if you had the money

>but for the guitar I'd still have to buy an amp
not necessarily, you can practice acoustically or get a cheap audio interface. It would arguably be more expensive to start up the ps5 considering you need to buy games.

you can buy like 10 used games for the price of an amp, and the amp doesn't even add anything extra it just allows you to play the electric guitar.

you could get a starter amp or an audio interface for less than $100, look used too. no need to spend big bucks when you're just learning.

The only thing you should be looking for in a beginner electric guitar is low action (action = distance between string and fret, higher action means you have to press harder to get a note out). If it's not easy to play, then it's not easy to learn on. Fender Squires and other shit should do just fine but check with the guitar shop guy if the action is low. As for an amp, a beginner amp will also be fine.

All this being said, you'd better fucking stick with it faggot. Depending on what you want to play you could be looking at a month practice all the way to a year or more to start seeing real results.

This also.

Honestly fuck the PS5, you can always buy another one. If you're that set on gitting gud at music, putting that off is possible too but less recommended. You can also do it for free if you're interesting in electronic music and other stuff.

get one of those ibanez start packs for like $250 with a guitar and amp and you'll be set. you get a surprisingly alright guitar for it being that cheap

Consider your guitar purchase an investment in a series of ongoing investments. Have faith that when you invest in your music education and equipment that you are setting the stage for further development and growth. First the guitar, then the amp, then the lessons, then the effects pedals for goofing around, and new string every month (yes every month) and so on and so on.

Learning new lessons and buying new things is part of the process. But first you have to trust that you will grow from this process, and next you will have to do the good work towards that growth.

Will you make a leap of faith and become a creator? Or will you continue to rot in fake worlds designed to waste your time and take your money?

The world is waiting for your creations, what will you do?

Attached: 1628746314741.jpg (640x881, 109.9K)

Practice amps are like 40 bucks on amazon.

if video games are your only hobby youre a fuckin loser. being a retard who only plays video games in their free time is the new normie

>if video games are your only hobby youre a fuckin loser.
You missed my point entirely

>Learning new lessons and buying new things is part of the process. But first you have to trust that you will grow from this process, and next you will have to do the good work towards that growth.
Hey guess what OP, even if you do all of this you'll still feel unfulfilled. You think being good at an instrument will make you a worthwhile person? That making music is "productive"? Fuck no. I make a song a day and I'm a piece of shit like everybody else.

Fuck the PS5, fuck the guitar. Start saving your money and investing it, and start reading some fucking books and start talking to people you ordinarily wouldn't.

You dont need an amp when starting out. just practice without the amp. I do that.

>Fuck the PS5, fuck the guitar. Start saving your money and investing it, and start reading some fucking books and start talking to people you ordinarily wouldn't.

Not being broke anymore wont make you fullfilled either.

Nothing provide fulfillment other than divine purpose, and the only way to engage with the divine is to read the holy texts, follow their doctrine and live a life in service and gratitude to all creation.

wow someone's bitter

I'd love to buy used but I don't trust sellers and their prices are shit anyway. But I did think of getting an audio interface instead.

You know user instead of an amp, you can always get a cheap audio interface and use ur computer, u can even use effects for free instead of buying actual pedals.

Attached: 1647301729548.jpg (409x353, 78.22K)

They are back in stock in my country
I fucked around with a budget epiphone during high school
Honestly I no longer am as passionate about it as I used to
I probably just wanna feel like my wageslaving isn't for nothing but I'll end up being the guy who collects guitars instead of playing them

I thought practicing without an amp makes it harder to spot mistakes in technique when learning electric guitar