What's the deal with people and seemingly enjoying torturing animals...

What's the deal with people and seemingly enjoying torturing animals? My dad will smile and laugh while telling stories about the animals he killed. Multiple people I've know would happily tell you about killing wild animals in ways that aren't "humane." Just catching animals to stomp on them or stab them repeatedly or beat them. One time people took me out to catch yabbies for the sole purpose of just stomping on them or throwing them against the ground. These same people bought a chicken once and just tortured it for an afternoon while getting drunk.

I'm not asking because "WHY WOULD THESE SICKOS DO IT" but more just that I don't understand it. Stories of people beating kangaroos with bats, setting them on fire, torturing cats in cages, slowly drowning caught mice/rats after fucking with them for hours instead of just dunking them in the bucket, just stabbing a chicken with darts until they decide to cut its head off and watch it run, slowly cutting a rabbits neck with a blunt knife, breaking animals bones until it dies and the joy people have retelling these stories.

More or less why do they act like I'm the weirdo because I don't understand what they get out of it and why they always want to do it again? Actually more like if I told them I kicked a dog then they'd go apeshit but anything that isn't a pet is free-game to just torture for fun.

Attached: ss.webm (500x342, 1009.07K)

ok but i need sauce on this webm

Are those people you know who do such things abos and/or drugged/drunk out of their mind by chance?

White men used to go on kangaroo shooting jaunts in Australia

Google says Tomomi Motozawa find the code yourself

Dad is alcohol and pot, the guys were mainly just pot but even after long sober periods they were the same and one other group was just dickheads that weren't really edgy but still done this shit.

Even when I was doing drugs and drinking all the time, I never understood why the pot smoking group was into it.

where the fuck do you live that all the men around you are actual psychopaths? a homeless shelter?

Shooting is not the same as torture, even if it is still waste of life.
Maybe they are too burned out and do it to project their inner feelings or to feel anything at all but this is just guessing.

maybe the psychological pattern called cute agression has something to do with your experience. l mean i remember the fluffy torture threads on Any Forums and they sound similar

People I went to school with, worked with, family members. Even seemingly normal people who you'd never believe they'd do this shit were into it. Maybe not to the extent that others were/are but they still had no real problem with it. I almost want to say NPC shit where they were into it because the crowd seemed to be but even some of the most passive guys I've ever know would do it.

Eh, could be. I'm only remember all this because our neighbours cat jumped into our back yard an hour ago and my dad started making a big deal out of torturing it before killing it if he caught it. All with a big smile and laughing while talking about it.

That's something to read into. Thanks.

I have heard about Aussies absolutely abhorring cats in particular though for some reason, maybe that is part of it?

The sense of power and satisfaction i get from causing feelings of fear and helplessness in people and animals is out of this world. I can tell you that much. But maiming and killing for the hell of it? No idea why that would be fun. Do you think crayfish even experience fear, let alone fear of death? What would be the point?

Could be. I know the government has talked about culling feral cat populations because they're so destructive to native wildlife, but my dad said something like
>If I corner it, I'll kick it with my steel toes and when it wakes up, it'll wake up in an uncomfortable position
then laughed and it was just fucking weird. I know he hates feral cats because he had birds in an aviary (15 years ago) and the cats would stress them out big time, but the whole torture aspect I don't get. He's also the one who'd laugh about beating kangaroos to death and on certain occasions when he'd talk about it, he'd ramble for 10+ minutes about how "kangaroos aren't worth the bullets" and just before was laughing about how rabbits scream like cats when you kill them slowly.

most people aren't actually good people. They just behave themselves entirely because of laws. Humans are the same as they've been for hundreds of thousands of years. Barely sentient brutal animals

talking about hurting someone and actually doing it are different things

a lot of immature people talk about killing other people but theyd never do it
>"If I ever met that person.. id end up killing him"

They dont actually maen it, theyre just idiots who think too emotionally

people are psychopathic retards user, that's your only answer. stay away from these shit people. if it were me, i would call them out on their insane murderer tendencies everytime they brought it up and tell them they disgusted me and strive to not interact with them

no, they aren't. op is talking about people who are telling him stories of actually having done what they are describing user, and people who he has been with when they have done it infront of him.
secondly, retard mald talk about killing someone is incredibly non specific, the most specific it gets is "i'll break your legs" or some shit, whilst op is telling you people are describing hyper detailed accounts of exactly how they tortured and murdered something that can't even fight back and has done nothing except exist, and laughing about and gleefully expressing their enjoyment in doing so.
they are simply subhuman psychopaths, serial killers in the fucking making

animals are lesser beings

>why do they act like I'm the weirdo because I don't understand what they get out of it and why they always want to do it again?
Crazy and or stupid people get a thrill from cruelty. It gives them a rush of power having that kind of control over the life and death of another organism.

Honestly, the average human being gets that out of their system at 9 or 10 with insects or frogs. Good ones will feel guilty and learn a lesson. Sociopaths will just think of how great it felt to "play god" and look forward to doing it again.

Animal torture outside of adolescence is a gigantic waving red flag that you are dealing with a bare minimum sociopath if not someone who revels in the thought of murder. Avoid them for your own safety.

Because they want to kill humans and get away with it but they cant. So they do it to animals.

I don't get it either. I had a friend whose dad and uncles would torture Kangaroos too.

I had a neighbour that would brag about torturing cats to death. I told him if he didn't stop talking I would set his newborn baby on fire and everyone freaked out on me.

I had one friend who was really into torturing fish. I never really got it.

Lately torturing small animals seems to be an egirl thing. They like to kill hedgehogs and hamsters.

Because they're angry and feel the need to get it out of their system somehow. As much flak as violent video games get I think it's better to take your anger out on a bunch of pixels and inanimate objects than a sentient being that feels pain.