Should i go back to school at 30? not-having gone to university is my biggest regret in life

should i go back to school at 30? not-having gone to university is my biggest regret in life

Attached: 928d8a9a57515320068a2c339e88fd28.jpg (800x450, 35.61K)

For actual education purposes or just to party and fuck bitches? Because a degree these days means nothing.

I did and it was alright
online, didn't have to really interact with anyone beyond "please reply to two students work for a participation grade"

if you mean regrets career-wise i guess it's not too late, might depend on what you wanna go for
as far as the social aspect goes, no that is pretty much too far gone for you. some sort of graduate or doctoral program might have some scraps for you. but, socially, undergraduates aren't gonna wanna hang out with a 30 year old, that's weird.

Depends what you want to do but desu you probably better off going to trade school

If you're going to do it, do it fast.

I'm 26 and way through my double degree in Education and Humanities and when I look around at all the kids, I get thoroughly depressed.

I act like Tomoko Kuroki when I am at University because I'm 6"2, 26 from E Europe with an accent and long hair and I feel like I just stand out and it makes me uncomfortable.

It causes a lot of issues for me because I struggle to do anything in a group or to seek out peers.

People are always kind and nice to me, a lot of girls give me friendly attention it isn't like it's abusive or harmful.

But I come from a culture where 28 - 30 considered "old" for marriage, which I think motivates a lot of my subconscious fear and reactions.

You may not have this issue.

Attached: 1647800061008.png (800x1200, 921.65K)

As a guy in Uni I only feel respect for the dudes in their thirties coming back in for an education and probably everyone I know does too. It's not like you were just burning life away during that time - you were working or building a family or gaining life experiences in some way, now you're just getting that paper and moving on to better things. Honestly it can be an advantage to have good worldly work experience before getting your degree too, a lot of us have nada when we get out.

Attached: 34645756857969.jpg (1280x720, 158.07K)

It could make other students uncomfortable, even if you're minding your own business.

t. Title IX coordinator who had to deal with these reports

It all depends on how young you look and how attractive you are, it's only weird when you "look" 30 and fuck with undergrads

I have a roommate getting a meme degree in cybersecurity from a community college. Hes always happy
Go for it OP

What? Fuck the little bastards, it's an educational facility.
I say that as a staff member in education myself

If seeing a fully grown adult at an institute for learning makes them uncomfortable, then they're there for the wrong reasons.

Westerners are sick.

Attached: 1644113852612.jpg (194x259, 8.71K)

Oh yea sorry, he is 40

>It's not like you were just burning life away during that time
That's exactly what we've been doing kek, where do you think you are?

The old cunts are always the most fun though desu

The young kids are just UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOGH SEEEEEEEEEEEGGS

With the older students you can actually do stuff like get stoned or drunk and have intellectual conversations.
Some of my best memories at University are with the older dudes who came back and were still pot heads and stuff lol

Lol you retarded?

I dropped out of highschool at age 14 and played Dark Souls for like 3000 hours worth
Got engaged, failed that too and then nomadded around like a loser until I was 23 and realised I'd made a huge mistake and that I'd be best to start thinking of the future before I'm an old hairless nerd that scares the egirls.

Attached: 1647510025658.png (306x370, 48.74K)

is cybersecurity really a meme degree
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

In his case it is. He is getting it from a community college, which is only good for saving money on the basics like history and composition.

You should still attend post-education if that's what you want to do, there's nobody here that wants to stop you or get in your way. If you don't that's fine too, the value of a lot of degrees is dropping these days.

Attached: 2464547.png (672x630, 385.75K)

Yeah, but college is still seen as a young person's thing, so seeing an older gent there is enough to ring everyone's alarm bells (despite having no real basis behind it). And, at least here in the States, people don't attend college strictly for the education.

I'm the user whose doing an education degree, I'm already doing it. I haven't had anything like that but there's already signs of a generational gap between myself and the 17 and 18 year olds I am interacting with.
I thought the social justice stuff was a meme but it isn't.

If you keep your eyes on the floor and just do your work, it's not really a big deal quite honestly.

stupid, I am only there for education, what else is the point?
I've had two uni girls hit on me although I put that more down to my age and height rather than because I have any redeeming qualities, but I always reject and stay clear.

Education only. Plus university girls aren't the people you put trust in.

Considering I am doing education, any accusation of unsavoury behaviour would ruin me, so it's safer to be a sad loner.

Attached: zoQbF50.gif (498x280, 1.13M)

>that british English
Oh, you might be okay. I was referring to Title IX bullshit, which I don't think exists outside the US.

>people don't attend college strictly for the education
this is the dumbest thing i have ever read on this website

thanks for all your replies. i want to go back solely for education purposes, and to potentially have a better career path in life. if i had known better i would have stayed in school. and, as i said, my biggest regret in life is not having gone to university, so a big part of it would be just to feel better about myself. i've studied alone for years but that doesn't count for anything. i should have just swallowed my pride and gone back to school earlier. i am always trying to right my wrongs and improve myself, and maybe this could be another way of doing so, and of improving my relationship to myself and creating a better future and life for myself. i just always thought that i was too old, that i should have a phd by now, have a career, a wife, kids etc. but most people, the vast majority work shitty jobs their whole lives and never really move up or go anywhere and are somehow happy with it because they're stupid. i know 30's too late but still i think getting a degree would make me feel better about myself. it might make my parents proud too, which is another reason. as per people finding me out of place, they already do anyway... if i'd known better i would have stayed in school and tried to move up in the world. all i want is a meaningful career and respect and meaning in my life

Attached: 1638272712628.jpg (225x225, 9.67K)