Am I correct with this assumption?

Social media obsessed alt/emo/goth chicks who go hard on the edgy aesthetic do it as a cope to make themselves look tough but in actuality they are pretty fragile. It seems like a mask to me - and I mean the ones don't smile in any pics and post captions like "can't kill us if we're already dead" and "I am the succubus you see in your nightmares"

I'm "alt" myself and it's really cringy to me, seems like they're putting on a show. Also hate the stupid low-res stretched out no-limit shit, so uncreative. There's so many copies of these people - for people who want to be "le unqiue" they're sure look like a bunch of NPCs. They always have names like "Nova Cane" or "Babyspit" lmao

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 4.24.20 PM.png (572x696, 421.01K)

It seems like they want to put up this front that no one can mess with them and they don't give a shit - but it's kinda easy to manipulate them with their avoidant attachment styles. When they start to get avoidant just find a new one and post pictures of them on your social media. The jealousy drives them nuts.

you sound like a retard, they dont want to be seen as tough, they want attention and the best way to get that is to become alt, if your an emo or an egirl it doesnt really matter

another retard, dressing up as something that has become a joke for being so desirable is not a facade to appear tough

Seems like they want attention but when they get it they become avoidant. The push and pull thing is a headache, I feel like love-bombing/slow drip attention is the only way to be in a relationship with them as they don't know how to be in stable relationships.

they are avoidant to you lmao, they arent avoident if they talk to a man thats actually interesting to them, do you know how many men are in the dms of these girls ? pleanty
you either try to keep her in this unwanted conversation long enough to make her interested in your character or your hobbies or you try to talk to chicks who are ugly

They aren't, I've dated a couple but the relationship only lasts weeks to a couple months as I come from a stable family and am not overly toxic. These chicks come from broken households a lot of the time

>Seems like they want attention but when they get it they become avoidant. The push and pull thing is a headache, I feel like love-bombing/slow drip attention is the only way to be in a relationship with them as they don't know how to be in stable relationships.

or just avoid them? Immature and mentally ill women like this should be avoided. They are toxic broken people who thrive on drama and attention. They do nothng but make your life worse. They should perhaps be used for nothing but sex and then tossed aside. Which ironically is how they like to operate anyway. These women are not relationship material.

Yes I know, I've improved my standards compared to a couple years ago. I seem to have commonality between them as they are often into things like music, experimental cinema, internet ""culture"". I find it tougher to hold conversation with people who are more "surface level" - I tend to mentally check out.

they're usually doing it to escape their parents house by trying to appeal banging a guy that is slightly older than them that has their own place but usually ends up has a girl they already knocked up and ends using her as a side piece they fuck with the friend they slightly pity that can't pick up girls on their own, or they're the ugly friend the cute one brought along but a hole is a hole to those guys

I personally have never been involved with one. Im in to niche internet stuff but i present myself as a pretty regular guy and dont try to wear all of my interests on my sleeve so these women just see me as a dork. Every time i go on omegle and see these women they instantly next me. Perhaps because im not covered in tattoos and peircings. My point being that these women arent really any less shallow than your average normie girl. They just pick a different subculture to have a shallow passing interest in, in order to be able to justify dressing up with the aesthetic and attention farming from that subculture. The few women like this i have actually spoken to are all as brain dead as any other woman and are actually worse because they have an aire of pretension and superiority because they think liking bon iver or bones or french new wave or whatever is an automatic pass to being an interesting person. Heres a hint, its not.

Attached: 0371265f5a9e6973d7de13260330caf0.jpg (750x746, 96.24K)

I hate these "alt" girls. I remember when there were real ones and it wasn't all a marketing scheme

bones has like 3 good songs

Whats up with people posting full on paragraphs?

Attached: 1D2847E5-3818-48F3-B6BA-020C890F2BC9.jpg (188x240, 22.43K)

I mean yeah, people who are actually confident don't need to adopt an "image" (though they may play a role as society demands conformity, but that's very different)

Post too long, I ain't reading that wall of text. Post too short and it's a low effort shit post. You'll take whatever crumbs land at your feet and you'll be grateful for them you insolent fool.

yeah i just used them as an example of the outsider art that women like to go on about and pretend to like.

Also note that as tumblr has died out, and the 'artsy' tumblr aesthetic has also died out, and instagram has become the main platform for these girls, the taste they have in film/music/whatever has all regressed from artsy experimental stuff back to generic soundcloud nigger rap.

dont care if you read it or not thanks for bumping the thread

Happens to every subculture that's good. I think it's just a fact of life. Every subculture tries to protect itself from posers and they've all failed in turn. You have nothing in common with these girls except an aesthetic preference.

Attached: horseshoebat3.jpg (235x215, 8.29K)

Then why are they the only girls I can talk Persona, JJBA, and Silent Hill with?

My anecdotes speak in favor of your theory. Both of my platonic alt girl friends are actually super fragile. All are also:
>into wiccan/pagan bullshit but haven't done any actual research into their roots beyond watered down social media shit
>genuine belief in astrology and the supernatural
>overweight/don't take care of themselves
>come from very broken homes

What I will say however is they've actually been good friends, very supportive and they have in fact been there for me in times of hardship which took me by surprise. I would and will reciprocate in kind should they ever need me based on this.

yeah, god forbid someone actually elaborates and explains their opinions and reasoning instead of just calling things based, cringe, cope, etc.
stupid zoomer piece of human trash