Was the old internet more wholesome but at the same time more racist?

Was the old internet more wholesome but at the same time more racist?
What year did the old internet die?

Attached: Girugamesh01.png (452x391, 121.97K)

>boohoo my old internet
>boohoo internet is dead
>boohoo life is shit

Attached: 77d.png (612x400, 189.33K)

op's the same kind of retard that'll complain about how "kids these days would never survive a COD lobby", LMAO

I would say it died in like 2013-14 but it was dead by the time the starting of campaigning for president in 2015 for the 2016 election

old internet was dead pre-2010 user idk what you are on about. 2007 was the shitty turning point that ended up being the nails in the coffin

Yeah but it didn't die until 2012-2014

up to 2019 was still pretty based.

Oldfag here.

It was way, way, way more racist, offensive and putrid. BUT...It was a small population. And everyone who was spending a lot of time on the internet for entertainment and socialization, regardless of political affiliation, social status, career etc - were not the sort of people who were upset or offended or that heavily invested in those issues while online.

It was mostly young to middle aged men and the odd girl attracted to certain niche subjects.

It wasn't until 2012 that it really changed (smart phones, kony, broadband).

That said - there's tons of good things that came from that, so it's hard to complain.

Normiebook during the runup to Obama election, gamergate boogieman in 2014

Once normies, women and children got mobile phone internet in 2007-2010, it was the end of times.

Back in the late 2000's and early to mid 2010's, the same memes were constantly being reused but it seemed to be much more wild on YouTube back then where censorship wasn't so much of a problem for ANYTHING and copyright nazi's backed off more... hell, it's gotten somewhat better but it'll never be the same. Video responses actually existed back then and then YouTube decided to get rid of them for no good reason and that's when everything started to go to hell.

>Was the old internet more wholesome but at the same time more racist?

I'd say it was more of the wild west and not so much wholesome compared to today and racism isn't as rampant but when you do see it, people will conceal it just enough to slide underneath the radar.

sometime in the first obama term

I remember when the comment sections of youtube were so fucking bad that it was criticized for it in the mainstream media.

>And everyone who was spending a lot of time on the internet for entertainment and socialization, regardless of political affiliation, social status, career etc - were not the sort of people who were upset or offended or that heavily invested in those issues while online.
Nowadays people have to bring up all of their shit online instead of just keeping it to themselves and take every little thing seriously.

No. It's the current year internet that is more racist. Like all this racism we see nowadays against Russians even by corporations that claim to be against "hate speech".

The old internet wasn't more racist. There were more racist jokes, which isn't racism.

It was more racist too. Most of the real racists have been pushed off. People just didn't get so upset by it, or just assumed that stormfags were always going to be around being annoying. They didn't have their sites literally pulled offline or have the FBI kick down their doors.

Huh, never thought about it like that; the current thing meme is no joke. Back then, it was okay to pick on blacks and now it's Russians!

So true everyday on twitter and facebook there is russiaphobia and people generally discriminating russians! It makes me sick

There were more ironic/light racism.
Nowadays there's more actual, dead serious racism.

It was racist but not as racist as it is now.
Ameriburgers have basically polarized themselves into opposite camps. The liberals have gone crazy fucking liberal where they practically have a meltdown if they just hear a "bad word" like nigger, and the racists have gone full Nazi retard frothing at then mouth to gas all Jews race war now.
The old internet felt more carefree and not so serious. Which makes sense because it used to be mostly nerds who'd spend a lot of time online, normalfags found it too hard to use before facebook and iphones.

Attached: tumblr_mi49wov7hq1rlkewbo1_1280.png (640x480, 471.24K)

SHOW ME YOUR GENITALS YOUR GENITALS WHA SHOW ME YOUR GENITALS YOUR GENITALIA

good assessment, phone use, phoneposters, social media and omg issues coupled with political polarization made everything obnoxious as fuck. people used to understand the internet in a way that was implicit and now it's just a bunch of faggots yelling at each other. everyone's faggy political awakening in the mid-late 2010s didn't help matters.