Fuck Any Forums

wanted to make a videogame thread to hear you guys talk about videogames. fuck v i just want to hear my fellow robots rant and rave about their favorite games. ill start w some of my favorites: mgs1, mgs3, fallout new vegas, TES 3-5, Witcher 1-3, sekiro, KOTOR1-2, red dead 2. sekiro is prolly best from software game but i havent finished any other ones i just hate Dark souls 3 gameplay. KOTOR 2 is goated as FUCK.

Attached: 500627.jpg (2500x1340, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1bCGQ48c4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love Sekiro, agreed it's better than Dark Souls. I want Elden Ring but too poor for a good console or PC.

All time favorites in no particular order:
VTMB
Dishonored
World In Conflict
Slay The Spire
C&Q Generals
Subnaitica
The Witcher 3
Max Payne 2
Alien: Isolation
Stronghold + Crusaders
Prey 2017
Bioshock Infinite
Shadowrun Dragonfall + Hong Kong
Dark Souls 3
Divinity OS: 2
Far Cry 2-3
Mass Effect 1-2-3
Hitman Blood Money
Crusader Kings 2
Mount & Blade Warband
Hotline Miami
Fallout 1-2 & New Vegas
Nfs underground 1-2 & most wanted
GTA VC, SA, V
Call of Juarez 2
Resident Evil 5, 2-3 RE
Battlefield Bad Company 2
CoD Black Ops 1-2
L.A. Noire
Darkest Dungeon
Underrail
Rimworld
Battle Brothers
LISA RPG

Current favorites:
Tarkov
Insurgency Sandstorm
Hell Let Loose
Ready or Not

i love slay the spire and darkest dungeon, any other roguelikes you'd recommend?

We already have so much stupid bullshit that belongs on other boards posted here so this isn't even a blip on the radar.

Monster Train is the only good one that comes to mind. There's Iratus, which is essentially a reverse DD, but it has shit replayability.

sekiro is a shitty parry simulator, dark souls is a masterpiece, souls game was never about pressing a button at the right time, it was about perseverance and trying to find meaning in a meaningless and detoriating world just like our own, that what makes it so much more special then any other game, there is no objective you can do whatever you want, it isnt about being some epic hero, dark souls doesnt give two shits about you as the player just like real life doesnt, its up to you to completed the game, set goals for yourself etc. Dark souls 3 is trash, and elden ring seems to be a game about pressing x at the right time to roll, the combat is just memorizing the move set of a boss, that isnt fun at all, nioh 2 combat is much better because at least you get diffrent stances multiple diffrent weapons, can regain stamina, can ltierally transform into a spirit and shit, and the combat has actual depth and skill needed to master it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1bCGQ48c4
While dark souls 3 has nothing and is a literal roll simulation, and elden ring has done nothing to change it apart from adding weapon arts. It stills feel the same, Miyazaki should just go back to the demon souls formula and then build upon it.

Attached: h9phrgL.gif (960x512, 184.42K)

i keep thinking about Disco Elysium desu
and i have started playing Underrail but i think it will take me a long time to make any significant progress in the game

Attached: 215.jpg (900x900, 401.69K)

soulslikes are goddamn boring

Normie answer but ive been getting into cod zombies again

OP here, ive played thru disco elysium, im gonna be honest i actually loved it and im neither a commie or a troon. was enjoyable but ive seen ppl here shit on disco and i dont think all the hate is undeserved tho idk it was a while since i played it tho

i'm done with my second playthrough and i still think about the game, i'll try the hardcore mode in the future
i don't think you have to be "a commie or a troon" to enjoy the game because even though the politics are an integral part of the in-game world (just like irl), there is much more to the story than that.
what would you criticize the game for?

Attached: 093.png (592x727, 222.95K)

I can understand why others would be angry about how most of the game is chasing leads that have nothing to do with the actual truth (been a while since i played it so might be wrong)

but what is the actual truth? for some people it may be the case you were meant to solve, but for others it would be more than that, the truth about the world you were plunged into. i'm like HDB, doing side-stuff is my style, but afaik a lot of things are optional and you can finish your investigation without doing them at all. and aren't dead ends part of the detective work anyway? i think my personal attitude is too different to fully understand that criticism desu

Attached: 043.jpg (400x400, 82.65K)

while you can skip a lot like trying to get it down, you still have to make it to ruby and make it like a week or more in to get to the final moments. its just a criticism ive heard that i can understand but i still loved the game

idk, it feels like it doesn't drag out as long as some games (especially older ones) in the same genre. it's funny how the standards have changed. what was your favourite moment in the game?

Attached: 102.png (800x918, 230.43K)

I've been playing RS2: Vietnam for something closer to the actual war experience than cawadoody propaganda and Arma mind numbing realism. Pretty fun, most combat takes place at more realistic engagement ranges of hundreds of meters, so you're usually firing at distant silhouettes of foes coming from the enemy's direction and hoping a sniper doesn't brain you. A small amount of CQB happens when enemies actually take a zone or you storm one, or if you're inside the rat tunnels with a handgun and a prayer. That's harder because one bullet can and will end you more than likely, and they're using several.
Another game I played lately was MGR:R, the one where Raiden debates a US senator about memes and then has a swordfight with a giant robot ant. And somehow it's even more relevant to US politics now than it was when it was released.
I've been trying to get into E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy too but I feel burned out and depressed so I've only made a character and played the intro, and have been putting it off indefinitely. As I have with my unfinished playthroughs of Fallout 1 and Morrowind, come to think of it.

Wtf... we the same person?

I play Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead a lot. It's kinda gay there is no forums so the only place you can actually talk to people about it is on reddit, which I refuse to use. The game has terrible documentation most of it's out of date from old releases. The only way you can figure most shit out is by doing it yourself. Gets kind of tedious in a lot of ways.

I like strategy games, total war and paradox, I get obsessed with these little worlds and get immersed for hours even though I am wasting time in my finite life and no one will ever give a shit about them

Consider Goristan of the planet war mod, a prison ship containing species from various aliens from pop culture crash lands and spills them across the planet and they all begin rebuilding civilization, Goristan is composed of a half-goat half-man warriors class and a more urbanized calamri species like the calamari from star wars, I would conquer countless small towns in unusual environments, in valleys in huge mountain ranges, in jungles filled with hostile species, I made it a policy to occupy them rather than loot and pillage, lower taxes and build a few amenities just so that civilization can cling to existence.

This included humans I found surviving on islands in one particular region like the Mediterranean, far to the east of the main human civilization of Roman LARPers. The humans here were black and one island tamed a kind of tiger which gave my troops a bit of trouble.

I'm quite good at MTW II campaigns too, compared to campaigns on YT I conquer things much faster

I also play random games on roblox

Attached: 20210509050247_1.jpg (1024x768, 222.17K)

Can grandpa post?

Fuck I loved Tekken 3. We'd all get together on the weekend and pour hundreds of dollars into the arcade machine and play until our heads hurt. There was so much variety and things to learn about every character, no two matches were the same. Just watching the throw animations were badass. That was so much fun.

And, of course, the most generic answer ever: Zelda Ocarina of Time. It's just fucking perfect. I can't really add anything that hasn't been said 10,000 times already.

Attached: T3P00025.png (512x480, 128.14K)