How do I stop being so sensitive? If I get insulted or yelled at I think about that shit for months

How do I stop being so sensitive? If I get insulted or yelled at I think about that shit for months.

Attached: 1587868869197.jpg (253x199, 6.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lJX7OPxWVvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Figure why they yelled out you. It wasn't fully your fault, it was theirs too.

stay away from yellers

Learn to yell back.

youtube.com/watch?v=lJX7OPxWVvg
quit taking things so personally g

He takes it personally because he's powerless.
If he had the power and confidence to beat ass, he wouldn't take it personally.

get yelled at more unironically

I have the opposite problem, stuff like that doesn't phase me at all. Even the things that probably should bother me just don't. How do you usually react in the moment when you're being insulted or yelled at?

You're a schizoid. Do people hate you for never laughing?

My heart rate increases, my face gets hot and I got a feeling in my gut like before you go over the first dip of a roller coaster. Basically I feel humiliated.

Don't particularly have a problem laughing or engaging, just don't really take things personally. I got yelled at a lot growing up, so maybe I'll just used to it. It is pretty funny to see people that are trying to escalate deflate when they realize I'm not phased though.

Got it, that's a pretty normal reaction. A lot of people lash out or get defensive when they start to feel like that. Where it goes totally depends on the person. What are you usually thinking when it's happening?

>What are you usually thinking when it's happening?
When it's happening I think about how much I hate myself and I feel like I'm stupid, then later when I'm ruminating about it I fantasize about standing up for myself or beating the shit out of the person.

>When it's happening I think about how much I hate myself and I feel like I'm stupid
Sounds like a low self esteem issue. Take a moment and consider why they're yelling at or insulting you in the first place. Generally it's for one of two reasons, either they're angry and venting or they're invested in you.

If it's the latter case you should care, but try to take the conversation in a constructive direction, ask what you can do better and the like and try to understand why they're yelling at you, keep in mind that they're only doing it because they care (parents yelling at kids is a good example). On the other hand the former is a bit harder to deal with, because it's designed to hurt you. You really need to evaluate if the person's opinion is even worth considering in the first place. They're probably just doing it to make themselves feel better, so there's no sense in worrying about what's said.

>If I get insulted or yelled at I think about that shit for months
You probably have a problem being assertive or not knowing how to push back against someone's disrespect before it gets out of hand or undeserved
I've had the same bad habit myself, and one thing that helps for me is imagining a dial for my anger in my head, a lot like the dial you'd use to turn up the heat on your stovetop. If I detect a little disrespect, I might turn that dial just a bit and respond by turning my back or making a sarcastic remark.
If the insults get worse or repeated, turn that dial even further and don't be afraid to visibly look upset and tell them to knock it off

You have to start speaking louder in everyday life.
People yell at you because you're too quiet and they figure if they raise their voice, it'll jolt you into doing things their way.
But if you already talk loud enough the effect of yelling at you will be diminished.
And if they still try to raise their voice, you have to out-shout them, standing your ground, even if you're wrong. You have to get in the habit of acting as if you're always right, because even if you're a total fuck-up, who's wrong about everything, one day you'll be right about something very important and you'll lose that engagement if you act like a hesitant bitch. Don't say anything illegal, though. Don't accuse anyone of anything. If you're getting yelled at because someone's blaming you for something, just repeat the facts of the matter like a broken record, but never admit you're the one to blame.
Ideally you would always be talking, and in a loud voice. Just letting your train of thought out in a constant verbal flood, disallowing anyone to talk to you in the first place.
You do the opposite. You think if you can just make yourself small and keep quiet, then everyone will leave you alone. This is your primitive lizard brain working to help you avoid jaguars in the jungle. You have to use your higher brain functions to deal with people.
It's all about acting. You have to learn how to be a conman, magician, swindler, snake oil salesman. A weasel, basically.

Exposure therapy.
Only reason it sticks with you is because it's rare.

replicate it in front of a mirror. play act. do it over n over again until it becomes 'meh, i dont care of this stupid shit'

Perhaps you could cultivate a devil-may-care alter ego and integrate him into yourself. Like Slim Shady or some shit I don't know. Just don't let it get out of hand.

I wish I know
t. 39 years old who almost faints when people yell at him

People are getting mad at your actions, not you as a person
but in general it's best to stay away from people who yell cause they're most likely mentally unstable

>your actions, not you as a person
What kind of psycho babble is this??