Why is the united states so against living at home? who started this "you're out at 18" bullshit?

Why is the united states so against living at home? who started this "you're out at 18" bullshit?

Attached: 1645165522283.png (1200x980, 1.34M)

>who started this "you're out at 18" bullshit
18"? like an infant?

boomers

>who started this "you're out at 18" bullshit
jewish meme propagated to further inflate housing prices

Baby Boomers.
It makes sense when they were growing up a brand new home cost $10k, a college degree $500, a new car $300, and you weren't competing with Indians or mexicans for jobs

>who started this "you're out at 18" bullshit?
industrial revolution

Society, my dear friend.

Attached: serious.png (220x260, 98.25K)

>united states
Nah, it's literally just white people.
I have black and chinese friends in their mid 20's and we all still live at home with our parents.
Every single white person I've known got kicked out at 18.

my dad literally said when i left for college that he "didnt want any failure to launch situations" lol. he's not even a mean guy or typical boomer so it was pretty weird.

i think its more that they would personally feel like failures if their kids arent able to get good jobs. Like the kid still sitting around is a giant "you failed as a parent" sign to them.

I dont think most boomers would really mind if you lived at home while having a good job though.

Boomers are weird in general. It's like they have a constant obsession with the idea that everyone should be forced to have a job and it's just because they're envious they have to work some shitty job and some don't.

But if their kids did sit around, they did fail as parents. They just can't live with the responsibility of their failure so they blame their child. Like when a puppy isn't cute anymore so they throw it out

I agree with this though I'm an exception
It always seemed kind of stupid imo I mean if I had a parent that kicked me out before I got my footing, got a job etc I'd be really fucking spiteful like if they developed cancer I sure as shit wouldn't be helping them out, like they're in their 50s they should have "found their footing" long before me, no?

I mean some people just dont really grow up & mature until theyre like 30. Having a late bloomer kid i think worries people though, which is understandable.

My folks don't mind as long as I at least keep up the pretense that I'm looking for work.
Dunno how long that goodwill will last, might as well ride it out while I can haha,

The longer you ride it out the worse your relationship with your parents becomes and the more uncomfortable you'll feel living there. Unless you just don't care.

What you have to understand, is that the standards for being successful are much different in America. The wealthiest, smartest, and most important people worldwide are all American. We have the best music, the best movies, the best TV. Our universities are the best in the world, and we invented basically everything.

So as a parent, you are just so used to seeing success everywhere. And to be successful, you need to strike out on your own.

So maybe parents in whatever backwater shithole country you live in are content that their children lead a quiet, boring life at home. But it's just not the same in America, where you're used to so much success.

It exists to push homosexuality.
Not living in extended families = no judgement for homosexual behavior.

i know this is bait but damn what a braindead post

I care.
I just have no clue what the fuck I should do with myself. Have worked full-time in the past and was utterly miserable. Sucks feeling like my only options are to go back to being a wageslave hating life or a mooching loser NEET.

Get a job spend half of your money on drugs so you aren't miserable and save the other half. that's what I do.

Reality did accept it hard times makes strong people easy times make weak people

big if true death to isreal reguardless