What makes you think you have free will?

What makes you think you have free will?

Attached: Gren12.png (1200x1200, 16.24K)

you will have your event horizon. i will put on a show

A coin toss is random to you and me despite the flip being predetermined in a macroscopic sense as soon as your thumb flicked the dime, you're a faggot if you think having a destiny means you have no control over what will happen next.

Attached: 55acda94d42b2d33cce071b43f32b38a.jpg (236x346, 20.06K)

I don't have free will. We've all been tricked by our meat computers that we have any day over what we do.

Attached: 1646138014093.gif (220x220, 737.62K)

I have been binge drinking and languishing for several months but randomly decided to stop and build some better habits without anyone asking me to

My mom told me to wash the dishes so I pushed her and made her cry

Nothing makes me think that, just like nothing should make you think you don't have it. It can't be proven one way or the other.

Nobody argued that. Having control is yet another illusion related to the illusion of free will, that doesn't mean in the human context I don't have control over my actions. Control in the non-philosophical context is just a group of principles by which some affects are distinguished. The illusion of free will comes into the way and gives you a sense of responsibility, which is a good tool of apes surviving, just not the reality of the universe.

Attached: Marimekkonh123.png (1200x750, 27.29K)

You are smart, only few around here know biology and genetics.

how can it be a good tool if its not real

own those bozos you are a product of the random position of particles in your brain nigga no cap

Why do schizos believe the things they experience are real? Illusions can be strong. For the survival of apes a sense of responsibility for your, and others actions has been very helpful. If your goal is apes surviving, that is a good thing.

Your proposition is meaningless then. Predetermined fate doesn't imply lack of free will, even if our actions are the result of previous actions they are still ours and we still chose them over the things we could've done.
>inb4 the chosing was predetermined
we still chose to choose them
>inb4 that choice was predetermined too
blablabla same thing

I'm not arguing that the future isn't preditermined, I'm arguing against your ill defined notion of what it means to be free. If free means to be able to choose then you have to define the nature of the choosing. Would free will for you mean that the choosing has to be indetermined and completely random in a microscopic sense? I don't believe in indeterminism but I can assure that anything sufficiently chaotic is indistinguishable from it being "truly" random. I can't prove you wrong but you can't prove yourself right either, suck my cock and sneed.

Attached: 1639825003063.jpg (1080x1083, 132.78K)

humans literally can't survive without a sense of agency

I do what I want whenever I want. :)

the suffering i endure on a regular basis makes me believe it's my fault, thus securing my belief in my own free will

You can argue that within the common understanding limited by the human experience, people have free will. I'm just stating my opinion, that like the path of a rock thrown off a bridge, with perfect knowledge of everything in the universe, everything is predetermined. Just atoms colliding to each other following the laws of physics, with no room for an event of chance.

I'm not a pragmatic person, I don't really care about the convenience of ideas for the human experience. Answers to metaphysical questions can't by definition be said to be true or false, I guess that's part of the beauty of a subjective experience.

It does not matter whether I have free will or only perceive myself as having free will. The outcome will not change.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1000x640, 157.28K)

who are you talking to? do you really think i'm real? kek

Everything is objective, but we're not on the same wavelength here
>I'm just stating my opinion
>I'm not a pragmatic person
Stick to your guns man, I want to argue with someone, don't you fucking back down on me. Be a man, lie to me if you have to.

Attached: 1635875629442.jpg (253x485, 74.64K)

I think we have control over some things and not others. I don't think everything is completely black and white like that desu. Whether it's true or not doesn't matter currently because no one has the definitive answer. You may be very sure of yourself but you do not have the answers when you accept that you will feel better.

Attached: 1645562820438.png (796x597, 279.76K)

>I'm just stating my opinion
I was stating my view on the matter, aka I'm a determinist.
>I'm not a pragmatic person
I don't care if my ideas aren't practical or useful to the common human experience, all I care about is making sense of the world for myself, the real life implications of my worldview doesn't matter to me.

What do you even want to argue about? Nobody can convince someone by arguing with them, they just take a defensive stance and brew anger within. Changing opinions has to always come from within, nobody can convince someone by just telling them that they're wrong.