Convince me not to get leg lengthening surgery

I'm a 5'7-5'8 male who had a growth disorder during puberty, which shaved 5-6 inches off my final adult height. This has a major, enduring psychological impact on my mental and emotional health, as well as my own self image. I lifted weights and practiced martial arts through my teen years, developing an identity around the fact that I'd be at least somewhat tall. However, since doctors retroactively diagnosed me with precocious puberty and said my growth plates were closed at 18, I've been unable to accept my height. I don't think there's anything wrong with, but it's just not me. I'm meant to be taller.

Thus, since discovering leg lengthening, I've been debating whether or not I want to do two surgeries to undue the damage of that growth disorder. But frankly, other than taking some time to recover my strength in the gym and martial arts performance--plus spending a little money--I don't see any real downsides. My torso is that of a 6'1 man, so proportions arent an issue, and the only other real concern I had was regards to sports performance--but even then its generally agreed upon that you'll recover completely as long as you don't lengthen too much (i.e. more than 15% of your initial bone length).

I feel like i sound insane for considering this, but the pros are overwhelming (feeling comfortable in my body, one with my identity, etc.) and the cons are completely manageable. Someone tell me if I'm missing something, because I'm heavily leaning towards doing it.

Attached: blk-shirt.jpg (910x600, 119.03K)

Just know that height isn't everything, you have to actually be attractive to see any success. I'm a bit over 6'3, but I've never been in a relationship.

You're retarded. You will not get 6 inches out of it. You will have your legs busted, metal bars put in them, and gamble on the idea that they grow back together properly (hint: they probably won't). Even if everything goes well you will have brittle leg bones forever to the point you risk serious injury every leg day.
tl;dr should have taken HGH as a teenager, blame your parents for not taking you to the pediatrician to get a script for it.

Isn't it supposed to be excruciating? If that's worth it for you then go for it, but be prepared

Would you find it fun to suffer in exchange for your lengthening? That should probably be a big factor in decision making.

You're a faggot. You sound just like a tranny
>muh identity
Guarantee you get this, finally recover, realise your QoL has decreased and you're the same loser you always were. Just. Like. Trannies.

Whenever you say "oh I'm 6'4 and I've never had a gf, height doesn't matter!" you're just outing yourself as so completely repulsive that your massive handicaps can't even save you. You're just an exceptionally bad person.

Not the lanklet but shit like this and your attitude is why you'll permanently be a virgin

They always grow back together, and the bones are just as strong as before. Yes, I blame my parents--though it wasn't a growth hormones problem; it was precocious puberty. But, there's absolutely nothing they can do to make it up to me beyond paying for surgery, and they're not going to do that. I was planning on five inches (2.25 inches tibias, 2.75 inches femurs).
Yeah, but idc.
I went through ACL reconstruction surgery with a patellar tendon graft
and thought it was super easy. I just took some tylenol for the pain.
Difference being I was tall growing up and had an actual growth disorder.

Whatever you say, dude; just trying to keep the dude from being disappointed. If he's good looking, maybe he should proceed with the surgery, otherwise it might not be a great investment.

it just makes your thighs longer while keeping your shins small, so itd be noticeable. its showing the whole world that you were insecure enough to get the male version of a titjob. you should spend 12% of that mental energy learning to accept yourself the way you are and not trying to play into the hands of
1. Fake imaginary people that are made up
2. People with fairies flying around in their head that expect retarded things out of people
as someone that is also 5'8, you could be 6'4 and find something wrong with you. you need to fix that before you get your bones broken for vanity

>Difference being I was tall growing up and had an actual growth disorder
No you weren't you dumb faggot. It's like saying women are strong because girls are similar in strength to boys prior to puberty. You're a retard. You were never tall. You didn't have anything stolen from you.

I do hope you get this though. The schadenfreude will be so delicious.

I am a good-looking guy, though also autistic. The women thing would just be a good bonus, though

If you're autistic you're fucked you moron. It doesn't matter how tall or good looking you are. You won't be able to hold a long term relationship because who you are is fundamentally different to everyone else.

In that case you should proceed with the surgery. Most chicks wont give a shit about your autism if you're good looking and have decent height.

I already told you I was diagnosed with a growth disorder and always was projected to be tall. I was always among the tallest in my class.
I plan on doing shins and thighs in order to compensate for that.

Have there been studies on longterm effects? Doctors are businessmen and I don't trust them in that sense. Some of them will lie to you by omission if it makes them cash. Personally that's the only reason I wouldnt do it.

Im a 6'4" virgin and a complete fuck up so this seems accurate.

have you considered your autism is making you fixate on something insignificant and it isnt as big of a deal as your brain is making you believe?

I've developed enough social skills that I can largely pass as normie. Besides, even if I knew I was destined to die alone, id still rather be 6'0 than 5'7.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

No one gives a fuck about projections you stupid cunt. You were never tall. You're trying to brag about being the tallest amongst midgets. I hate autists so fucking much, they're so dumb it almost hurts.

You do not pass as normie. Even in the way you write I can tell you're the typical autist. It's like talking to a wall and it's the exact same as the other autistics I know irl who people put up with.

It's been done for decades at this point, so any long term effects would've been noticed by now. Sure, shit can happen if you choose a sloppy Turkish or Indian surgeon, but the guy I'm going with is a great Italian surgeon who trained under the best doctors in the field.
That's totally possible, but it also seems kind of irrelevant. Let's say it is all down to autism: what now? I can't cure my autism. It doesn't provide any real solutions.

I already told you I had a diagnosed growth disorder. I don't know what you're not getting here. Oh, btw, I'm smarter than you, so idc. Also, why would I care about using social skills on Any Forums? There's no point in faking it on here.

the right answer seems irrelevant?
>cant cure my autism
wrong direction. you can steer your fixation of the month to something else, something you can actually change about yourself without a surgery that makes your tits bigger

Im also 5'8 and was supposed to be 6'2 since that's what all the rest of my family members are. Shit sucks

They have weird lanky bodies that I don't have though. They're all limbs and no torso

How tall are your parents?

>I'm smarter than you
>I'm considering getting height surgery
Pick one retard
>I got diagnosed with a growth disorder
Nobody cares you dumb autist. You're so single-minded in your fixation. You were never tall and you're not tall now, the reasoning doesn't matter.
>muh soshul skillz
You can't fake it because you are fundamentally different and people can tell. The reason no one points it out is because they're being polite.

>another autistic who thinks he was 'supposed' to be something because others have what he wants

Please tell me you're not going to have your bones broken to attract women.

>another autistic who thinks
I am the only sibling under 6ft. Significantly so.

I was born with a vagina. My bf is 5'8". Cope ugly ogre.

Done responding to you.
I would, but there's nothing left for me to really change without surgery.

That doesn't mean anything. It's merely suggestive. Have you never met people who are massively taller/shorter/stockier/uglier/prettier than every other member of their family?

I'm 6'0" and married I don't give a shit about your LARP retard.

5'6 and 6'0
I'm the shortest male in my immediate and extended family.