Is trade school a meme

is trade school a meme or is it clutch

Attached: OIP (3).jpg (302x180, 5.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/ooh/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You can make alot of money doing some trades, electrician, heavy diesel, gas, etc.
Horticulture is low entry level but can advance to botanical knowledge on a university level.
If you want to make absence amount of money,learn to do a job in mining,gas,oil machine repair , electronics.

No. Trade school is still a very viable method to get a decent career. Everyone I have ever seen that has gone to trade school has not regretted it.

trade school is a meme, just get an entry-level spot in a company that does what you're interested in and learn the trade on the job

Obsene not absence auto

I used to handle credit card applications at Bass Pro Shops ~10 years ago

These guys were always making $100k+
>electrician
>welder
>plumber
>truck driver
>lineman

Any more professions user? What's 6-10 on that list if you can remember?

Yes, take trades at a local community college for cheap and then get an apprenticeship.

I wouldn't say its clutch its more like playing with a good defense and fundamentals

Can't remember any more tradies being in the same tier. Auto mechanics and construction made nothing, don't remember about AC

Everyone else in 6 digits was boomers in sales, management, finance, accounting, etc.
Don't remember any code monkeys coming into bass pro for a credit card

The Bureau of Labor Statistics has salary ranges and outlooks for careers if you're a burger, but as with any aggregate data, some nuance is lost because of seniority/region/not-being-a-fuck-up/etc.
bls.gov/ooh/

Fuck u dude.

Carpenter here. Contractor really.

The issue with these stats are they're an average, as they should be. What that's not taking into account is the self employed bois like me.

I've made 100$hr cash. I easily make 30$.hr cash. Set my own schedule and work however much I want. I have no boss, and generally sip on beer and toke the whole day.

That being ssid, that's after years of playing bitch alongside craftsmen.doing my homework, learning about electricity, plumbing, etc.

Its dangerous but, if u got a good head and sound body, you can make an assinine amount of money.

There's literally not one contractor in the whole of america thaylt shows up, does a good job, charges a fair rate, and doesn't start drama and playbgames and steal shit etc.
The trades, and this country are in real need of competent tradesmen, and the number of young men getting into them is plummeting.

BE SELF EMPLOYED OR DONT BOTHER

Trade school doesn't really teach you anything that's actually valuable to an employer. Whatever trade school teaches you will be replaced with what your future employers and coworkers will teach you. People learn this stuff and how to get good at it by, ya know, actually doing it and watching other people do it and learning about it in the field. Sitting in a classroom and dicking around with some boxes and scrap wires isn't the same thing as learning the skills necessary to make a living. Skip school and just get hired somewhere as the lowest retard helper they have. Show up on time, be friendly, take initiative, ask questions, and pay attention. This stuff is easy to learn (you'll be astounded at how many stupid people are doing it), and you can literally get paid to learn to do it, so why pay some school to waste your time teaching you stuff that nobody will pay you to know?

Attached: 1642032087560.jpg (720x662, 33.24K)

>is trade school a meme
To me it is. I just went straight to work as a general laborer and learned on the job. Fr my experience you just need a good work ethic and anyone will take you for any job. Unless it's very skill specific like a drill, welder, engineer. But with experience you'll eventually learn all that shit

>I'm a contractor
>There's literally not one contractor in the whole of america thaylt shows up, does a good job, charges a fair rate, and doesn't start drama and playbgames and steal shit etc.

Pottery

Less drinky drinky, more worky worky

Pottery? Wtf does that mean

>There's literally not one contractor in the whole of america thaylt shows up, does a good job, charges a fair rate, and doesn't start drama and playbgames and steal shit etc.
I don't steal things and my work is good. But I'm very expensive

Bah! Lies!

I'm far too mentally unstable to go to trade school. I should not be anywhere near heavy machinery or power tools.

>my work is good
If I had a dollar for every dipshit contractor who said that but then fucked everything up I'd have $2

trade wagie here
Experience:
>First job was at a factory that made fans. I was trained on massive equipment, one machine was the size of a log cabin.
>During this time I was taking a TIG welding course at a local community college. (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6pm-9pm) It took about 5 months. Barely passed my final test, but I ended up getting my TIG certification.
>At current factory job get trained to do MIG welding and operating a welding robot.
>Find TIG welding job nearby that pays better
>Get hired
>Good money but extremely demanding. Welders are expected to work at least 50-60 hours a week or more. Refusing to do overtime gets you fired.
>Refuse to do overtime
>get fired
>Spend an entire year getting unemployment checks
>find a new job
>small local business that does "passivation," i.e. dipping metal parts into nitric acid then waiting for 30 minutes, rinsing them, then repeat.
>Easiest job I ever had
>only 25 hours a week, shifts are 11:30 am to 4/5pm. Depends how busy we are.
>Only 3 other employees + 1 manager who is laid back
What I learned is that you should not go for trades like welding if you just want "a job." It's a profession, an actual career choice. You will be expected to work long hours, be dedicated to mastering it and learning every little detail and technique, and if you refuse you'll get replaced with a new guy who is willing to work longer hours than you (and there's an endless supply of them fresh out of training programs.)
I personally don't care about having a career, getting married, starting a family, etc. I'm happy living a meek, quiet life. I love my current passivation job because it's simple, only 25 hours a week, pays well and I get raises often, and it's decent exercise. Lifting and rinsing the buckets is a pretty solid workout.
Overall, treat trades as you would any other career. If you're not passionate about becoming a doctor, don't become a doctor. Same goes for trades.

>falls into the nitric acid and becomes supervillain
that job does sound really nice though