How is "ad hominem" a fallacy...

How is "ad hominem" a fallacy? Why should I even entertain an argument from a hypocrite or objectionable person who probably has an ulterior motive?

Attached: 1604341043482.jpg (1024x684, 57.09K)

>why should i
no one cares
arguing with people is gay and boring
just be alone

You don't seem to understand what a "fallacy" is. You could be totally right to just throw ad hominem at somebody, but you're not arguing against their position by doing so.

A hypocrite and an objectionable person with ulterior motives can still be right and you be wrong. That's why it's a fallacy, retard.

If the worst hypocritical obese pedophile terrorist with BO and shitty teeth had discovered the Pythagorean theorem it would still be true.

Triangle poster strikes again. You obsessed madman. WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR GODDAMN 180 DEGREES YOU AUTIST.

The only way the fallacy of "ad hominem" exists is thus
>"You are an Italian and everyone knows Italians are greasy, so your argument is wrong"
THAT is the ad hominem fallacy
This?
>"No, that is not the definition of 'pickle' you fucking idiot
not a fallacy
>"You have contradicted yourself 3 times, you are obviously a troll"
not an ad hominem

>If the worst hypocritical obese pedophile terrorist with BO and shitty teeth had discovered the Pythagorean theorem it would still be true.
when dealing with forensic facts or important arguments then ad hominem should not be entertained. the facts should be focused etc

however if i am discussing how best to run the united states i dont think i want to hear from a first generation immigrated ethnic. that's ad hominem too, though, isn't it?

or, discussing why women are whores and how to improve the situation, i dont want to hear from a roasty. she cannot offer anything. but "muh ad hominem".

consider killing yourself. "fallacies" are not "rules" or "facts" but human opinions on good conduct. they are shit and full of holes

If the principles of their argument contradict one another then say that, that is not ad hominem it is a reasonable rebuttal. Accusing your opponent of hypocrisy and explaining how they are hypocritical can be a valid counterargument, especially if you are arguing about something like ethics.
If you just find somebody "objectionable" or dismiss their argument despite not finding any flaws in it then you are refusing to adopt a position which might be more logically sound than your own simply because you dislike the person saying it or the way it was presented. In this case, your refusal to engage in discussion might be an excuse for you to cling to unexamined or self contradictory beliefs, and by refusing to engage in the conversation you are preventing yourself from developing more realistic views. Additionally, you might be able to make them a better person by convincing them that their positions are unreasonable and that yours do not contain the contradictions that theirs do. By avoiding the real discussion you would not only be missing out on an opportunity to grow, you would be missing out on an opportunity to improve the lives of others if your beliefs are genuinely superior.

this thread is now concluded. there is nothing that you can reply to what i have said.

It would, but if the 1st generation immigrant was gay then you're also gay, homo.

>"fallacies" are not "rules" or "facts" but human opinions on good conduct
False, they are rules of logic, you uneducated swine

nope. retard.

human "rules" and "laws" and "facts" are not "rules" and "laws" and "facts" but opinions

it's sad you do not realise that. it's why i hate you

>"2 +2 = 4 is merely an opinion"
>"the rules of logic? Just opinions."
combined with your inability to use proper capitalization or grammar, I conclude you were a poor student in public school but were (and are) convinced that you are brighter than the people who outperformed you in every academic endeavor and people would recognize your brilliance "some day". Even Landgrant State U was a stretch with your poor grades and mediocre test scores, so those 3 semesters were not just really hard, but really expensive until the university 'asked you to leave' (you tell everyone you dropped out because it was stupid).
Now you glance through the first 1-3 paragraphs of Wikipedia articles, watch YouTube videos (but on the ones that are less than 30 minutes, you are easily bored), and are still convinced that you are an intellectual and smart and the only reason no one else has ever caught on is they are all stupid or jealous.

yes 2 + 2 = 4 is an opinion

it is sad that you cannot fathom it. you are retarded and braindead. it's why you havent gone to a good university

also

>caring about grammar and capitalization
i know it's everything to you to appear smart online on Any Forums and give a good impression of yourself. i know that timmy. kill yourself you fucking faggot

nothing more to say

fucking idiot dicksucker do your own research, its not my job to answer questions for you, you stupid faggot.

and i study at a top 15 worldwide university right now. fucking retard fuck off

that's too obvious, pal

Attached: tard troll.png (568x1023, 215.7K)

>top 15 worldwide university
Translation
>Ivy Tech

i literally do. youre braindead. kill yourself you projecting little faggot

i dont know what "ivy tech" means. i'm not american and i'm not in america. pick one out of the top 15 and youve got a good shot at being right

Because you are also a hypocritical monkey with ulterior motives?
Because if you're debating a point the person debating it is irrelevant otherwise you can't actually have a debate and this is why you get left behind?

>that awkward moment when you realize you just admitted you are trolling

Attached: smol brain.jpg (450x439, 43.79K)

Fallacies are not real. They're thought terminating cliches by reddit midwits

i literally do haha. not about to dox myself to prove it though. ask me some questions only a person at an institution like that would know