Are most people miserable and just really good at hiding it? Except for small...

Are most people miserable and just really good at hiding it? Except for small, exceedingly rare and inconsequential moments (watching a sunset over a lake etc.) most of my life since the age of about 8 has been underpinned with a constant sense of anxiety, stress, and malaise. At its worst points, it has been a struggle against active depression peppered in with the usual curveballs such as family deaths, chronic illness, and financial woes. Maybe the average person is just that much more mentally resilient than I am, but I find most of life to be unlivable.
I am KHV and autistic if that counts.

Attached: 1611574777423.jpg (251x244, 7.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gssdataexplorer.norc.org/variables/434/vshow
gssdataexplorer.norc.org/trends
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the vast majority are happy most of the time. but when they are unhappy, they build biases that make them think it's really bad. get a hobby and have fun experiences with friends and lovers.

gssdataexplorer.norc.org/variables/434/vshow

This jackass doesn't know anything yet.

>armchair psychology
>most ppl are happy
>hobby's and friends make me happy!

U have to be 18 to be here summerfren

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BUD!

relationships actually do make people happy. you'll learn when you grow up.

Gtfooh

You'll be miserable. you might be happy now. But it'll fade.

Neurichemically, just like taking drugs, any relationship, hobby, anything that makes you feel good, is a high you build tolerance to. I can shoot heroine in my arm, or make love to a beautiful woman that genuinely loves me. its irrelevant. Tolerance is a bitch.

Were the end result of a process of evolution and natural selection. Were designed to constantly be discontent, to crave more, to seek resources and safety, ever more, ever more efficiently.

If our ancestors were content and happy all the time, they'd never do anything. They wouldn't be motivated to. It is discontent, pain, and sadness, psychological negativity in general, that motivate us to seek positivity.

To live is to struggle, to fight, and suffer.
Such is the order of things.

>summerfriend
Its the middle of spring.

you're fairly correct so far as i know. most people live lives of "quiet desperation." most people you meet have some shit going on and we just don't find out about it because we're all good at putting up an acceptable public image.

this is particularly true in the age of social media. never before has anyone had a stronger ally for projecting success that isn't really felt; a smartphone camera, some nice filters and social media sites will do a lot to help hide any pain you have.

Oh yeah thanks for telling me I didnt realize that cause I'm so stupid.

I'm using summerfag to describe a naive optimistic normalfag, bitch

Disagree. The more sad I am the less I want to achieve. Maybe high test individuals see this as a challenge but not me

My parents and my wifes parents are still mostly happy. You'll have kids eventually and stay happy

Ur coping well. Carry on and god bless
What do you mean high test

coping with what exactly? depression is a retarded teenage girl meme.

I have become my misery and now I feel nothing and expecting nothing from anyone. It's very comfy.

You realise lots of people don't have kids? Many don't want them, and many others want them but can't have them for a multitude of reasons. I hope you're not naive and realise this?

See pic related and stop caring about others. Just become an emotionless machine before the world completely breaks your spirit.

Attached: Don't be a fag.png (1015x752, 227.95K)

Suicide rate goes up every year. Less people are hooking up every year because we transition more and more to digital lifestyles. Everyone is just trying to 'make it' in this artificial nature we've created. The last time I was happy was when I was a kid. My anhedonia is almost unshakable, but can I do much about it? No. I don't have that luxury, and that comes with money.

>Just become an emotionless machine

But that's being a faggot

How many? Something like 80% of men become fathers. When you consider that 10% of men are disabled, it's not many.

This. Suicide only affects 0.01% of people. Most people are happy.

How so? If you have no feels, you can't be miserable.

>Something like 80% of men become fathers

Where are you getting that from? I really don't think that's true. If I had to guess it would be about 40%. Even if yo're right though, 20% is still a whole lot of people

It's a big cope to suppress feelings. You can't avoid them, you can at best try and contain them. Seems like a doomed endeavour

gssdataexplorer.norc.org/trends

look through here. 83% of adult men have kids before age 49. NSFG says pretty much the same. the US hovers between 80-90%. some countries in europe are around 75%.

Very few men have no kids, it's actually weird.

Ok I don't believe that shit. Maybe in the 1950s, no fucking way that's true today. Not buying it.

Ok, good for you? It's still weird to have no kids.

When I first opened up about my depression a lot of people just did not get it. Like the very notion of feeling sad all the time, no matter what shit they'd gone through in life, was just alien to them.

Not everyone's like this, OP. Maybe it's more common these days, maybe our society is broken too, but something is still very wrong with us.

I don't think it's abnormal. I think having kids is a privilege which the minority enjoy. I don't believe those stats.