Suicide Ethics Thread

Inb4
>Don't kill yourself, you'll cause so much pain for your friends and family
>Idc I didnt ask to be born

As Intelligent beings, we have a responsibility to consider whether reproduction is ethical before we go around impregnating people like animals. We have the ability to defy our animal instincts and resist the urge to preserve our species. Your parents failed to use their little monkey brains and see that the world is full of suffering and reproduction contributes to it. You have no responsibility for their welfare. Overcome YOUR animal instinct for self-preservation.

>Are they to your taste, these fruits of ours? What does that matter to the trees?

Attached: img.png (450x367, 51.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal-burning_suicide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the world is full of suffering, so we should dedicate our lives to fixing that
also, your reasoning makes no sense
>world is full of suffering, so I should kill myself, thereby making the world even more full of suffering

I'm an Ortho Christian and believe that this is not our main life, our main life will be after death depending on what we do on this earth. I have accepted that hardship is part of life and that this is just a test and not the end. I think it has helped me a lot more in perceving the world but do as you will.

It isn't possible to fix it unless everyone dies. Stop being so idealistic.

>Make the world even more full of suffering
Having children is the most horrible thing anyone can do; having one child contributes significantly more to the world's suffering than you committing suicide. The most altruistic action you could take would be the passive option: live out your natural life without having children. But the suffering caused by suicide is relatively so minute that it is irrelevant.

no, he's saying don't reproduce.

Nice man. I respect that. What do you think about the ethics of having children?

I do not know what thread to put this in but a woman complimented me and now I seriously want to die.
Even when people are nice it just feels like shit, I feel like they just do it out of pity and see me as subhuman.
Everything just leads to more suffering. Approval, disapproval, praise, insults, everything. I just want to disappear.

Finally, I've been looking for a thread about suicide.

Here's my take: Ethics are blurry, but the pain is very real. Ask yourself this: are you functional while in your suicidal state? Are you still useful, or has your turmoil made you a liability?

These days I share your pain, brother. If someone was to compliment me, I would have to resist the urge to hug them, or to cry in front of them.

I'm just waiting for my little brother to get into college and move, I don't want him to be upset still in high school.
I couldn't care less about my parents, their reason I'm like this is also their fault.

To me it's the idea of not knowing what will happen afterwards. I believe in god and stuff but what if it's wrong? I'd rather live a life where I can actually feel pleasure and pain (no matter how bad it is you still can feel pleasure btw, don't be retarded) than nothing, or just going to hell if the bible is right. Just my thoughts though, could just be a too happy a person desu
I feel really sorry for you man, because I know they don't view you this way. It's all just the mind fucking with us, and I gebuinely think that's part of the test that is on about

>"Stop being so idealistic"
>Suggests mass extinction as a solution to humanity

Based and Nuvo Vindipilled

Attached: 20200412_151829.jpg (1080x1573, 431.99K)

Biggest cope imaginable. Holy hell man imagine coping based on a second life that's a new fucking level.

>As a solution to humanity
No, as a solution to suffering

Nice man. I pray you have the strength of will when the time comes.

100% you can still feel pleasure. I should have added in the inb4:
>I don't want to go to hell
Im an atheist (if you couldn't tell) and I've never believed in any sort of afterlife. It's hard to argue against this. I just hope you at least make the right decision and don't have children.

Having children is unethical because it is possible to get hurt.

I wanna so it but th Church will not let me.

The problem with this argument is that life is the eternal curse for all souls (for this argument a soul is an entity that can experience events). Scientists did an experiment where they created a vacuum and given enough time life emerged. So the suffering that comes with being alive is a curse for all souls in this dimension or whatever you want to call it. And the only thing that combats it is intelligent, directed effort. For example breaking your leg would lead to a very painful suffering and even death before we learned how to combat said suffering. Once you understand this principle you realize the only viable option for every soul trapped here is to progress and become more intelligent and more efficient at fighting said suffering. Therefore we cannot stop. We cannot stop having children to save them from the suffering they will face. Because even if we stopped long enough for the human race to go extinct we would simply evolve again and redo all the suffering that we have fixed. So we must continue on. Continue to suffer until we fix this horrible horrible place.

>Scientists did an experiment where they created a vacuum and given enough time life emerged.

no they didn't

Suicide is only OK if you are suffering from a terminal illness or are about to have your life completely ruined, like going to jail for life. Those are the only two instances I think it is acceptable. Everything else is either poorly planned or the circumstances could easily be fixed if they put in the effort. Or both.

>preserve our species.
it could be argued that suicide does just that though. removing yourself to conserve more resources for those that would successfully reproduce. suicide can be construed as the ultimate act of altruism.

>thereby making the world even more full of suffering
thats a narcissists way of viewing things. his death would have no lasting effect on the world. plenty of low value men die all the time, they're dying as i'm typing this out and you are reading it. nobody cares, nobody suffers from that fact either.

By the way, what's a good, pain-less way to go? I've heard helium is pretty good.

head on buckshot is instant. you are there one second, the next your head is ground beef chunks spread out everywhere. messy way to go though.

Burning charcoal briquettes on a grill in a closed room. It gives you carbon monoxide poisoning. Pure helium is good but a lot of helium tanks on the market are now mixed slightly with other shit (I think oxygen but I do not remember) to prevent suicides so it could just cause you to bust a lung before dying slowly, which would be very painful.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal-burning_suicide