Have your parents ever snapped?

Have your parents ever lost it trying to process why you are they way you are? Like in this video:
youtu.be/H2dm4_cIxFQ

Multiple times, I've had my parents wrestle with the fact that I'm genuinely not functional enough to fix myself or improve my life. It hurts, but I don't see any other path in existence other than passive compliance and hedonistic learned helplessness.

Attached: 1646799055307.png (671x460, 262.92K)

What were they even arguing about in the video? What did he do? What do they expect to even happen? Yelling at him isn't going to do anything. Saying he ain't well isn't going to help. What's the context? Did he leave pissbottles in the kitchen or something?

>dads on meth and mom is losing her shit
>keeps looking at me like I also ought to be sad over his hypocrite dopefiend ass
>"WELL YOU'LL NEVER HAVE A SPOUSE ANYWAY SO I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO UNDERSTAND."
>chuckle and say 'thanks, mom, love you too'
>"GETOUT!"

Seconding this, can someone please explain the context of this video here? Is the neet in the wrong or is the guy just randomly freaking out?

yeah, i ran away at 16 and lived in various shelters at 16 and 17, forced by court order to live with my parents, then once the court order was finished, kicked out at 18

they made a lot of threats, and they werent empty threats either

thank god for neetbux

Attached: tenor (15).gif (372x280, 411.06K)

From what I remember, it's just the father having a freakout because he missed a family wedding and subsequently refused to leave his room for 2 days after, just an average case of a father wondering why his son is willingly wasting away.

That is so fucking retarded, what an overreaction. Louie did NOTHING wrong

>willingly wasting away.
like there is anything worthwhile to do in life anyways lol

no because my parents haven't been in the same household since I was 8 and my mother herself is mentally ill and abnormal herself and my Dad is a meek man who has never confronted anyone in his life.
I can understand how it might happen if I came from a normal functional household though. But I don't think I would be like this if I did come from a normal functional household.

>thank god for neetbu
fuck you fuck you fuck you
I can not get neetbux and am stuck in wageslaving hell
how the fuck do you get it?

If you had a son who had no job, no friends, no social life, no sense of responsibility or maturity, and hid in his room all day playing video games and jerking off to whatever degenerate shit on /gif/ for years upon years upon years until he's nearing his late 20s, you'd feel pretty pissed too, though how the dad handled it is more boomer ignorance and anger than genuine concern for his sons wellbeing.

that's how boomers are
>muh famiry
The fuck was that fat neet supposed to do there lmao, I used to get the same shit for not wanting to go to every single fuckin family thing
>are my cousins going to be there?
>"No but you should want to see family anyway."
>they're all like older than you
>"YOU KNOW WHAT ANONYMOUS, I DON'T LIKE THIS ATTITUDE OK."
lol

maybe people should ask why young men are avoiding life and feeling like they have nothing in the ouside world to live for then just assuming by default that their projected boomer worldview and comforts don't map on to current younger generations. I've experienced this myself and all it ever made me want to do was avoid people even more because it just solidified to me what ignorant fucking morons they are

Not saying that Louis is the pure bad guy here, I'm a NEET too who also lives with his parents at 23, but I understand why parents react like chimps when their kids end up the most sad and pathetic individuals in our current society.

Attached: 1643844366094.jpg (1730x1000, 368.41K)

boomers used to get so pissed off at me when I was a teenager during family events because I didn't start a conversation with everyone there and pretend to be interested in their boomer lives.

My mom refuses to accept that there's anything wrong with me and the few moments where she does she guilts me into saying she was a perfect mom

We might have the same mom, did yours fuck you up 'because she cared'?

Mine does the opposite. I'll say that I likely have mental illness that stems from a combination of genetics and environmental factors that run in our family and then she'll be like "IT'S ALL MY FAULT"

Thanks for triggering my PTSD. And yes they have. I found myself in these kinds of situations at least once a week while living with my parents. Just listening to this makes me feel sick
>Tfw Louis thread was over 2 years ago
Glad someone saved this piece of r9k history

>2 years ago

I swear I remember this shit from like 2014

Nah she just says she's sorry for being such a terrible mom and she'll start tearing up til I say she was a good mom and then its like nothing happened
I swear moms are just programmed to do that shit. I don't even say its her fault I am the way I am even though I know it is and she makes it about her
Its narcissism or something I guess idk

My mother worked two jobs and gave me a strong sense of work ethic, but she also spoiled me rotten, I'm sitting next to a $7000 gaming PC with a glass engraving of Gabriel Tenma White which she paid for as a christmas present.

but my father was an absolute bum who provided nothing (literally) and often beat me for genuinely no reason when nobody was around, living with him I experienced what genuine poverty was alongside the physical abuse.
Not eating my dinner (which was occasionally made with off-cuts meant for animals lul) resulted in several closed fists to the head, so I took to hiding what I couldn't eat underneath the sofa.
He found it one day, it was a terrible day.
That's the day I gave up procrastinating.

it left me in a weird place, I got back into University studying to be a teacher at age 23 and I work part time, but I spent 5 years as a pot-head NEET who struggled to do fucking anything.

I think if I didn't have the perfect balance my mothers work ethic spoiling me and my old man's utter abuse and neglect causing me to understand what true poverty and misery was, caused me to have the willpower and the decision making ability to push that little bit more towards a positive future and realise that the difference between one or the other was in my hands and I vowed to never live at the shitty standard of my old man ever again.

I'm struggling immensely, every time exam season rolls around I pass by the skin of my ass and I have several mental breakdowns which almost reduce me to the fetal position

I'm passing and slowly making it, but it's a gruelling and miserable process

I think if I was spoiled just a little more or subjected to physical abuse and poverty a little more, I would've been an absolutely unsalvageable NEET.

But I quite literally landed on 21.

Also that YT video is funny as hell lmfao

Attached: 9c1d24031c61fecae678d9be479c3435.gif (245x245, 606.33K)

This is literally me with my mom and dad lol. I hate my family so much

I was staying at my dad's during the summer at the end of my 2nd year of uni, I spent most of my days upstairs playing my guitar and writing songs, playing games, in the evenings I'd go and watch TV with him.
He came up one day and started asking me why I don't go out anywhere anymore, I said I don't speak to anyone anymore, he told me "If you're just going to sit in your room everyday you might as well be dead, you might as well be dead"
That's as far as it went for the talk, I know he meant well but I'll never forget how my dad indirectly told me I'm worthless because I don't speak to people.

10 years later he is gone, I live in a damp terraced house, I work at Mcdon and had a few people I thought were my friends from work, I've been off work since last May with leukemia and in November I was finally well enough to see people again so I invited everyone over to my house that had sent me supportive messages. Nobody has been over yet.

I've been NEET for 10+ years and once you move out they don't give a fuck. Even if they do, there's no requirement to continue contact with them afterwards. I moved out at 19, went to a shitty psych rehab for 2 years, got accused of being schizophrenic so I went fuck it I'll roll with this and ended up on disability in a little apartment by myself. Parents don't even bother trying to change me, sometimes they might say dumb shit in arguments but I laugh it off because since I'm not living with them they have no power whatsoever.

yea my dad once carried me out of the house and didn't let me in for the whole night. i had to sleep on the porch it was not nice and I'm still scared of my dad

I am schizophrenic and have some neetbux
I don't earn enough to live alone, well technically i could but my parents say i need a job and more money.
I have a work contract, hopefully i can finally move out. Parents just always say I need to wait it out. Fuckmthis shit i want to move to another state.