Imagine being a clam. Just doing nothing all day, always in your comfy shell. No concern of jobs, or friends, or gfs...

Imagine being a clam. Just doing nothing all day, always in your comfy shell. No concern of jobs, or friends, or gfs. Just hanging out.

Attached: Clam.jpg (474x713, 81.75K)

just being bored all day in a cold dark place hoping that a random giant monster doesn't eat you or kill you, literally nothing to do all day just constant angwish at the world for making you exist as a fucking clam, yeah, wow, sounds fucking AWFUL

It doesn't have enough neurons to be bored or think about any of that shit

Oh, so being actually fucking braindead. Except I can still feel pain though I won't know how it's happening or how to stop it. And I'll still get hungry and cold and honestly, it looks fuckign SHIT to live as a clam or any animal to be honest my good user

>Except I can still feel pain
That's still being debated. Vegan philosopher Peter Singer famously thinks it's fine to farm, kill and eat them (unlike all other animals) because they are probably too simple to feel anything.
But it says here they have up to 6,000 neurons, which is small compared to the number for more complex animals but not nothing, so personally I wouldn't risk it.

>pain
What do you get about it doesn't have a brain or central nervous system? It has proprioception at best which, and I know your dumbass brain won't get this, is just the sensation damage has occured. That's it. They literally do not have the hardware to even feel or register pain. Hell, they can't even really use the info from the proprioceptors because again no central nervous system so no actual conciousness. It just sends signals to nearby cells to contract and the nearby cells of those senses the cells contracting etc etc. Eventually, all the cells contract because they got their signal to and the shell closes.
The "eyes" they have done even see so don't freak out about those either. They're just pits that line the lip with no sensation that just send a signal or no signal depending on how much light hits them. All light? Nothing must be near. No light? Close shell and sleep. Mostly light but darkness? Send signal to cells then cells contract etc etc. Why? That last one is because something caused a shadow and evolution killed off the clams that didn't have a closing instinct and response to possible predators. No brain ever makes a decision it's all local nerve cell to any other cell and its neighbor cells touching with no actual direct link from any other group. Brains have actual wires connecting parts to each other and connecting the rest of the body to it in the form of ganglia, your spinal cord, and just the sort of wire pathway layout that let's any given part be communicated with. Clams have none of that.
It's a cheap ass electrical board. If a signal exceeds a threshold the programming says contract and so you begin that cascade and the clam stays safe. The clams mouth parts just do their own shit 24/7 they don't know jack shit they just keeping tick to their biological clock similar to how your heart just does it's own thing without you having a say.
I'm not that user, user. I'm just saying these aren't hard concepts to grasp.

Holy shit you know a lot about clams

You realize there's a basic level of consciousness that exists in anything organic right? Even plants feel consciousness. They emit high-pitched screams that we can't hear when the lawn is mowed, and the smell of fresh grass is considered a stress response. Consciousness isn't as linear as "it's how humans perceive it", there's different levels of consciousness in everything.

No, that's just how biological entities in general work. Flies have fucking 200k neurons. Flies. Those fuckers so god damn retarded they are quite literally machines that function like where it's all just eye neuron saw movement send that to the only fucking channel we're patched into because we're fucking nothing which is just the channel that makes the legs kick off and backwards and the wings to start clipping upon which those fucking systems take over under their own instinctive [True,False] programming.
You think a fucking clam with basically no fucking neurons at all despite being fuck huge with no complex systems of any fucking kind will be any better?
As an aside flies are so fucked even with 200k neurons(fucking nothing at all by the way) they also don't have pain sense and only have proprioception. You want pain you need shit like lizards and mammals where the neuronal count AND connectivity are high and the internal nervous system is more centralized into a singular brain capable of handling such info an this a singular spinal cord to connect it to everything so it's not getting info from 80 different channels at once but one.
Hogwash garbage because you misunderstand the principles at play and don't know what the fucking word concious means apparently.
As for the rest schizophrenia. Nuff said it's so fucking retarded I won't even break it down.

>anons engaged in heated debate about clams
This must be the most autistic thread I've ever seen

>user missed the whole era where i'd educate people on how engineers and material scientists used horse anus mechanics to develop modern day ketchup and condiment dispensers at fast food places that won't leave gunk on the tip as it's effectively self wiping
>or any of the biology break downs I do anywhere else on the site
Truly a sign of our failing educational systems.

>thinking mechanical reaction = consciousness

Until some strenge creaturen try to stick his dick in you to calm on

In some parts of the world that is a daily occurrence.

That sounds like my everyday life. I'd be a pretty good clam.
>angwish
uwu

Damn clam plowing how would that even feel

Until your claming on a 4channers wiener because he spotten you sea diving and couldnt resist doing so

>I'm gonna make your clamhole THIS BIG around!

Attached: scuba-myths-shutterstock_208265431.jpg (500x408, 37.6K)

I wouldn't recommend it. People lose whole limbs or drawn because clams shut with enough force to shattered your bones if not outright amputate the limb.
That's why even on the small ones you either be quick with a knife and literally assassinate them before they know what occured by riding a knife perfectly along the roof without stabbing yourself to cut the abductor muscle off the roof so it can't close anymore OR you otter the fuck out of it by bashing the back open till a hole exists to fit a knife into.
Said knives are called oyster shuckers. See how fucking thick one wide that blade is? Those knives STILL snap all the fucking time because of those fuckers and they're designed to be toy as shit.
Go ahead, user. Fuck one. I'll be over here watching with my beer and popcorn.

This thread is comfy af desu

>angwish
Anguish, dumbfuck.