The ONLY way to happiness is travel. I'm moving to Cambodia in May...

The ONLY way to happiness is travel. I'm moving to Cambodia in May, and excited because this is the first time I'll be able to travel by my own rules. I could never travel the right way with my family, because they'd rather spend 400 bucks a night on a nice hotel than save all that money walking around and doing things.

Planning my future vacations around Cambodia, I can literally get a round trip flight to Hong Kong and a 6 night stay at a shitty hostel all for $500. Or a $50 round trip bus ticket to Bangkok or Saigon. The only way to find yourself is through travel and experiencing new things in the world. And the only way to do it right is alone (or with extremely like-minded friends). Too bad all my family and friends thought temple hopping and history museums and landscape-admiring were boring. Now I'm leaving them all to finally do what I've always wanted to do in life. Goodbye America. I will not miss you.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-08_212159~3.jpg (633x955, 87.38K)

How'd you find work?

He's white. Any white guy regardless of education can get an English teaching job in SEA

Teaching English. I got a job online with an international school on khmer24 (Cambodian job listing website). Funny part is I don't even have a bachelors degree in anything (which you need for most normal countries to teach English). All Cambodia requires is a TEFL certificate and that you're from a native English speaking country and fluent.

I never personally thought I'd be into a place like Cambodia. I was always like the other anons here who was more into places like Tokyo or something. More I saw of the country online I kind of fell in love with the third world gritty lawlessness of it all. Even by southeast Asia standards. I'm honestly tired of super civilized places at this point. I wanna go to vendor stands every morning before work and eat fried scorpions and dog

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-08_212513~2.jpg (1080x1350, 222.99K)

Cambodia is trippy. It's definitely gritty but still has it's charm. I used to love hanging out by the Mekong in Phnom Pehn drinking cheap khmer beer and eating boiled quail eggs. I lived in SE Asia for 5 years before the pandemic shut things down. I can't wait to get back. Probably starting in Thailand or the Philippines, but definitely want to see Cambodia again.

I want to fuck sea women really bad. They are outgoing and nice.

>Philippines
Where at in the Philippines? I've tried watching YouTube videos of the Philippines but I honestly never liked the looks of it. Then again, I was only watching videos of manila. But from what I've seen, Philippines didnt seem like it had as much culture compared to other SEA countries. I guess if you're heavy into sex tourism or dating, having a whole population of Asian girls that speak decent to fluent English is definitely a plus. Then again, I'm also pretty ignorant on the Philippines so I never learned why people love to visit so much outside of sex tourism. The jeepneys are cool though. But yeah Thailand is definitely gonna be my first vacation while abroad. Any suggestions on things to do while in Thailand? Best cities/towns? I don't really care about beaches with it comes to thailand. I could just go to koh rong in Cambodia if I wanted a pretty beach with not many people.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-08_212352~3.jpg (1080x1052, 250.29K)

Philippines is pretty rough (makes Thailand look like Singapore in comparison). I rented a nice condo only to find out the condo management burns the entire condo's trash every evening filling the property with toxic smoke. But it's the easiest place in the world to get a gf and I've been single for two years Also has some of the best beaches in the world. I'd start in Cebu and check out some of the surrounding islands. Manilla seemed like a hellscape. I only stayed for a few days.

Thailand: Chiang Mai and the north is great in the winter. Mild weather, mountains, nature, cool temples and festivals. Bangkok is my favorite big city on earth. Go walk around chinatown then move on to the river. Take a river taxi for a few hours stopping at interesting spots. Get a legit (non sexual) massage in Thong Lor. I used to get 3-5 massages per week. They feel amazing and only cost $5-$7 / hour most places. Thai food is amazing too

What's stopping you user? Follow your dreams!

>I'm going to southeast asia
>Doesn't make one mention of sex tourism
just dont take your phone or laptop and you should be ok

Sex tourism is a given. It doesn't need to be mentioned.

So you're gonna rent an air bnb at first or hobo it out in hostels?

I hate travelling
I hate travelling
I hate travelling

>Philippines didnt seem like it had as much culture compared to other SEA countries.
There's no "culture" anywhere, just a bunch of buddhist temples that all look the same, the PH has Spanish churches instead. But yes, they're very westernized, so it feels like a US favela most of the time.
Manila has some nice areas and even the poorer areas have their dystopian charm, the issue is the air is unbreathable due to high pollution and incredible humidity. It's also super noisy.
Check for insane covid rules before deciding because the PH had among the craziest in the world.
Cebu is better than Manila and more livable, but the real gems in the PH are the smaller less inhabited islands/areas, like negros oriental. I was planning to stay in Dumaguete, look up YT videos about it.
Honestly both the PH and Thailand are expensive nowdays due to sexpat normalfags, with the pros having moved to Vietnam or Cambodia already.

Also the girls in SEA are even less attractive on average than Korea or Japan, your SMV will be boosted alot by being a white westerner, but if there's enough competition by other losers, you might end up just slightly better off than in your home country given how rare really pretty girls are.

Attached: Dumaguete Apo Island.jpg (906x682, 123.55K)

Have you gone shooting full auto AKs yet? I heard you can shoot a rpg at a living cow for like $350, I want to go there for that desu.

Yet no matter where I go...here I am. Seneca, an ancient philosopher, once said about travel
>"All these people wish so much to change their outer environment. But do they not realize that no matter where they go, they bring with them their own soul?

What if you're not from an English speaking country? I've been thinking of moving to 'Nam and teaching English for a living, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to land a gig like this as an ESL speaker.

>find yourself
Get the fuck out of here roastie.

Attached: 1612934963906.png (768x768, 1M)

Lol no you need to be from a efl place. If you are an esl you are basically fucked

They wont hire you unless you got some kind of degree or experience.
>t. Applied to 30 teaching jobs and was rejected each time for being an esl

>Applied to 30 teaching jobs
Those are rookie numbers.

Wouldnt change anything even if i applied for 500. People from my country cant get hired abroad. I will have to suffer in this shithole until i kms.