Get plastered

>get plastered
>donate money to charity

Attached: 58949996_10216907415250135_7844669869638287360_n.jpg (1195x1593, 359.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reducing-suffering.org/donation-recommendations/
forum.effectivealtruism.org/tag/philanthropic-diversification
intactivist.org/guide-to-giving/
andzuck.com/blog/qri-btc/
youtube.com/c/QualiaResearchInstitute/videos
youtube.com/c/AndrésGómezEmilsson/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=FCuy163srRc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23374102?dopt=Abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21672947
jme.bmj.com/content/36/12/798.abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1753-6405.2011.00761.x/full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17155977
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17378847
cirp.org/library/psych/boyle6/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8800902
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9091693
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9057731
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9393302
cirp.org/library/psych/goldman1/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10657682
lesswrong.com/posts/3p3CYauiX8oLjmwRF/purchase-fuzzies-and-utilons-separately
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's better than getting plastered and sending money to findom whores

Hell yeah, plant some trees.

>get plastered
>order a pie on Door Dash
>"this is the last time, I swear!"

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11.74K)

what charity user?

A different one every time. I've paid for malaria vaccinations, harelip surgeries, soup kitchens, women's shelters, refugee relief shit, etc. There's always the risk of it being a scam or a bad cause, but the point is to diversify and avoid investing all in one thing so in the aggregate I'm probably doing good. I don't feel good doing it, I don't feel anything at all actually, but that lack of feeling also protects me against regretting it or feeling a need to hoard. I've realized that me being a passionless nobody can actually be leveraged to make me a person of value rather than a loser. I used to be a piece of shit who committed petty crimes for fun, but the fact that I got away with it every time caused a spiritual crisis in me, because the lack of any karmic balance in the universe meant that I didn't matter, that I would be given enough rope to hang myself rather than ever being called to account for my actions. I found that unbearable and decided that I would rather live in a universe where what I do matters, but I would have to account for every single deed, good or bad, so now I try to do as much good as I can and hope that it it affects something somewhere, eventually, even though I'll be just as stoic and passionless as always.

Do you have a ton more snail mail coming to you after doing this user? Props for diversity

Attached: amerimutt sanctions.jpg (1934x1123, 159.34K)

My mailbox is always stuffed with solicitations from organizations like the Red Cross. My Facebook is absolutely unbearable because all the ads show mutant kids in need of correct surgeries. I think its funny except when they call, in which case I tell them to fuck off.

You should donate to charities working on AI safety.

Relevant:
reducing-suffering.org/donation-recommendations/

Attached: explaining the singularity to retards.png (1376x1124, 137.96K)

You should donate to Foregen so that I can get my foreskin back

Attached: clopper foregen.png (588x392, 380.47K)

Jej, I used to get my mailbox assraped by fucking toys for tots, they didnt have an unsubscribe thing on their email and so I had to burn a stamp and tell them to fucking remove me.

If you ever gave to an enviromental group like the world wildlife fund you might get giga aids too.

Also I donate $1 to any politician running for office in my city. I find the Any Forums mail to be kinda funny now.

Attached: anon spider gf.jpg (819x592, 95.61K)

Pol mail is a good idea, kek. I like browsing to find the most useless charities. Like buying hats for kids with cancer.

>the point is to diversify and avoid investing all in one thing so in the aggregate I'm probably doing good
Debateable

forum.effectivealtruism.org/tag/philanthropic-diversification

>There are prima facie strong reasons for a risk-neutral donor seeking to maximize the expected value of their donation to donate to only one charity. It may seem as though, if the donor believes their first dollar will do the most good if donated to some charity, they should also donate the second dollar to that charity, and so on until they run out of dollars to donate.[1]

Attached: effective altruism.png (1200x630, 38.43K)

>be me
>used to volunteer
>don't have any time for that because of wagie labor
>realize I was only given volunteer work because I was literally doing it for free
>the wagie labor has to be generating real value, otherwise they wouldn't be paying me
>focus on my job and instead donate a portion of my income
>no longer have to slave away on weekends doing virtue-signally crap that would only cost make wires at my factory job, every other wire I think, "That one's going to help Africa, that one's going to help Alabama, that one's going to buy me an anime body pillow..."

Big brain economics shit here.

Attached: 1200px-Portrait_of_Francisco_Pizarro.jpg (1200x1544, 643.33K)

Here's a list of other anti-circumcision charities:
intactivist.org/guide-to-giving/

Attached: circumcision turns this into this.jpg (1024x1024, 591.36K)

You should consider donating to the Qualia Research Institute. They are doing cutting edge consciousness research.

andzuck.com/blog/qri-btc/

>I believe that donating today to Qualia Research Institute - a non-profit attempting to build a new and rigorous science of consciousness - is like buying bitcoin back in 2010. But instead of ROI measured by economic profit, it's ROI measured by altruistic impact and goodness for the world, which should be the criteria you use to evaluate charities.

>I can list many more failure modes. Regardless, the risk-profile for bitcoin was pretty much that in the worst case, you completely lose your money, and in the best case (which was plausible enough to happen), your money grows by at least 100,000x if bitcoin becomes a major global currency. For comparison, you wouldn't realistically be able to say that the same potential upside existed for investing in a stock like Starbucks in 2010 (the market cap for Starbucks in January of 2010 was about $17 billion, and growing by 100,000x would mean reaching a market cap of $1.7 quadrillion). Someday, bitcoin may still lose all its value. However, even if it does, there have been and will inevitably be applications of blockchain that produce enormous amounts of wealth.

>I think donating to Qualia Research Institute (QRI) has a similar risk profile. In the worst case, your money might not do much at all. But in the best case, the upside of donating to QRI is orders of magnitude better (perhaps 100,000x better) for the future than doing most other things with that money (including donating to other charities).

Attached: qri-logo.jpg (996x960, 282.67K)

incredibly based
>NOOOOOOOOOO MY WILLY IS GROTESQUE AND MANLY LOOKING NOW DAMN YOU JOOOOOOSE

Well I don't want to be the most efficient in just a purely abstract, mathematical way, I want to avoid the worst case scenario where I literally accomplish nothing. Even if taking on that risk is the most efficient thing to do, I would rather avoid that at all costs. It's kind of like buying insurance - the most rational option is to not buy it at all, but the worst case scenario is more than just a number to the person experiencing it, so most people opt for paying the premiums in cases of things like health, home and car insurance. I'll opt for being a little less efficient with charities if it means ensuring some efficacy, I just want SOME impact.

At the end of the day it's all about honor and I'm not losing much sleep about the actual state of the world. I want my funeral to be like my grandpa's, where my aunt said "he was very honorable" and then everyone awkwardly shuffled away, because there wasn't much else that needed to be said.

Here are 2 YouTube channels about QRI:
youtube.com/c/QualiaResearchInstitute/videos
youtube.com/c/AndrésGómezEmilsson/videos

>circumcision makes your dick manly looking
Holy cope

Sex & Circumcision: An American Love Story by Eric Clopper
youtube.com/watch?v=FCuy163srRc

Child Circumcision: An Elephant in the Hospital by Professor R. McAllister
youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I

Circumcision decreases penile sensitivity
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23374102?dopt=Abstract

Circumcision associated with sexual difficulties
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21672947

The exaggeration of the benefits of circumcision in regards to HIV/AIDS transmission
jme.bmj.com/content/36/12/798.abstract

There is no case for the widespread implementation of circumcision as a preventative measure to stop transmission of AIDS/HIV
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1753-6405.2011.00761.x/full

Circumcision decreases sexual pleasure
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17155977

Circumcision decreases efficiency of nerve response in the glans of the penis
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17378847

Circumcision linked to pain, trauma, and psychosexual sequelae
cirp.org/library/psych/boyle6/

Circumcision results in significant loss of erogenous tissue
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8800902

Circumcision has negligible benefit
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9091693

Neonatal circumcision linked to pain and trauma
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9057731

Circumcision may lead to need for increased care and medical attention in the first 3 years of life
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9393302

Circumcision linked to psychological trauma
cirp.org/library/psych/goldman1/

Circumcision may lead to abnormal brain development and subsequent deviations in behavior
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10657682

Attached: jewmer.jpg (734x604, 254.33K)

lesswrong.com/posts/3p3CYauiX8oLjmwRF/purchase-fuzzies-and-utilons-separately

>But if you find that you are like me in this aspect-that selfish good deeds still work-then I recommend that you purchase warm fuzzies and utilons separately. Not at the same time. Trying to do both at the same time just means that neither ends up done well. If status matters to you, purchase status separately too!

>If I had to give advice to some new-minted billionaire entering the realm of charity, my advice would go something like this:

>To purchase warm fuzzies, find some hard-working but poverty-stricken woman who's about to drop out of state college after her husband's hours were cut back, and personally, but anonymously, give her a cashier's check for $10,000. Repeat as desired.
>To purchase status among your friends, donate $100,000 to the current sexiest X-Prize, or whatever other charity seems to offer the most stylishness for the least price. Make a big deal out of it, show up for their press events, and brag about it for the next five years.
>Then-with absolute cold-blooded calculation-without scope insensitivity or ambiguity aversion-without concern for status or warm fuzzies-figuring out some common scheme for converting outcomes to utilons, and trying to express uncertainty in percentage probabilitiess-find the charity that offers the greatest expected utilons per dollar. Donate up to however much money you wanted to give to charity, until their marginal efficiency drops below that of the next charity on the list.

>I would furthermore advise the billionaire that what they spend on utilons should be at least, say, 20 times what they spend on warm fuzzies-5% overhead on keeping yourself altruistic seems reasonable, and I, your dispassionate judge, would have no trouble validating the warm fuzzies against a multiplier that large. Save that the original, fuzzy act really should be helpful rather than actively harmful.

Attached: chad rationalist.jpg (2047x788, 255.59K)

Don't cite less wrong to me you schizo faggot.