How is that firm handshake working out for you, champ?

how is that firm handshake working out for you, champ?

Attached: dd9scew-38777846-826c-4c10-b1a2-2604c9b7e495.png (2048x2048, 357.52K)

idk i haven't been to a job interview in like 4 years

Please don't throw that pie at me PLSOSLSLSLSLLSL

Attached: 3khrnri.jpg (610x357, 87.35K)

femclown here
i'm eating the pie
don't tell anyone, but i love cream pies

Attached: honklina6.png (3240x3938, 1.8M)

pretty well, although the modern equivalent is a blisteringly cheerful "HIIIII, how are you doing today? I'm calling in regard to xxx" over the phone. Warms a boomer's cockles

In normie society, the person who is the most over the top cheerful has a strong advantage. Theres basically no limit to this j've discovered, although you want to remain a bit calm and not quite go full cocainefueled billymays, but honestly thats still 99% fine.

if you were actually as fun loving as pepe the clown it would be fine

>In normie society, the person who is the most over the top cheerful has a strong advantage
yeah i hate this
>"sorry, champ, we didn't give you the job because you didn't seem enthusiastic enough"
how does an autist like myself act cheerful? i haven't been cheerful once in my life since about age 14

Yeah, good luck acting extremely cheerful when you've been miserable for the past 10 years or so.

Come with me to the carnival bathroom femclown, I have a surprise pie for you

Attached: .jpg (1031x1113, 280.4K)

>I have a surprise pie for you
yay is it lemon meringue?

Attached: honklina10.png (3240x3938, 1.67M)

It unironically got me a job. $15 an hour.

>$15 an hour
Lel they were gonna hire anyone.

i can firm handshakes

Attached: 1630440712117.jpg (376x369, 14.28K)

It's a surprise. Hint: it starts with c

Attached: 1647143031844.jpg (1200x1005, 554.89K)

im not an inherently cheerful person either. if i'm not putting on an act, i'm not at all cheerful.

i think where youre going wrong is that you feel like you have to be honest. You feel like you can only "be yourself" or people will know, somehow.

what i'm saying is that you dont have to be a good actor. You can be a terrible actor. Anyone who actually knows you will know its an act, but people who just met you have no reason to be suspicious.

The key is that normies have no "real self", which sounds edgy, but what i mean is, they dont think about if theyre being genuine. They just put on whatever mask they need and that feels natural to them.

An example of what i mean is, lets say you, a normal guy, put on a cowboy hat and cowboy boots, and go into a store.

In texas, someone might be able to tell that youre not really a country boy.

But in new york, they dont really meet "real cowboys" so they dont know youre a fake one.

And in vermany, you could be wearing a tricorn hat instead of a cowboy hat, and theyll still be like "wauw, ein amerikanisch kauwenjungen!"

i think im getting sidetracked but the point is, faking it IS making it if no one knows.

carrot pie? not sure if i want

Attached: honklina4.png (3240x4050, 859.41K)

>The key is that normies have no "real self", which sounds edgy, but what i mean is, they dont think about if theyre being genuine. They just put on whatever mask they need and that feels natural to them.
sounds psychopathic desu senpai

to ramble further, i think a lot of people here cant simply "act happy" because they hear "be myself, but happy" and if you cant imagine what "happy you" is like, then you cant act like "happy you".

so what im saying is, act like someone else. act like a cowboy.

now this isnt a magic pill because obviously neither you nor i can keep up a "happy act" for long, its too exhausting. For that reason i dont work around other people regularly, so you should probably throw that put the window.

But when i need people to do things for me, i just pretend to be a cowboy."

i agree but thats what is considered norrmal - being able to be pleasing to the people around you.

Ive been talking to people at times, and theyre talking to me in what i consider their normal tone and style. And then a friend of theirs comes up, and their voice, style, tone, and affect changes radically.

Maybe when they talk to me theyre just faking sourness. Maybe when they talk to the other friend theyre faking cheer. But most probably, they dont feel like theyre faking at either time. If they even notoce the change, they just consider it "code switching".

Im from a big city, but my default mask is to act like a bit of a rural hick. Wear timberlands, walmart jeans, flannel shirt, speak loudly and simply.

When people think they know exactly what kind of person you are, they understand how theyre supposed to interact with you.

Robots feel anxious that theyll be "found out" if they act differently from their usual depressed selves. They want to hide their personality and true thoughts. But that makes people uncomfortable, if you dont give them something else to work with.

Look at it this way. Wearing a bag over your head and wearing a wig both disguise your true identity. But spies wear wigs and not head-bags, for reasons which i think are obvious.

"I'm just average guy" *sweats* is the most suspicious thing to normies. They, being average & normal, are always desperate to appear unique, and they usually fail. So someone whos trying to appear "normal", they dont understand that. So instead "howdy yall" *sweats* is much better, because they expect cowboys to be sweaty from the roping and riding and rodeos and such.

yes, i knew someone just like that, a coworker. she could be angry and yelling at me over literally nothing, and then turn around and be super nice and cheery to the boss

she was literally insane though. i don't know if i could do that. i just have a flat affect all the time

to continue, ive discovered something paradoxical recently.

Simply put, normies treat me much better in casual interactions if I am dressed like an obvious nerd, than if i am dressed as no obvious kind of person.

Nerdy tshirt, walmart jeans, neckbeard brown bootshoes. Normies are like "oh a nerd!" and theyre fine with that because there is nothing to be suspicious of.

But someone who they cant immediately categorize? Suspicion. People are naturally scared of the unknown.

Consider this situation: two tribes, Normo and Ugnerd, live near each other. Normos wear a head feather and Ugnerds wear bones on necklaces. Relations between the groups are distant but friendly, and they sometimes trade.

If a Normo meets a guy with a bone necklace, hes like "Oh it must be an Ugnerd, theyre stinky maybe he will trade me good shells." or whatever.

But if either tribe meets a guy with nothing on, or something unfamiliar, they dont know if the outsider is dangerous or not. So they react with suspicion and hostility.

well my first assignment to you is to literally act retarded. if you go into a store and find the cutest worker and literally deetdedee and youre like "WHERE CAN I FIND... DO I GET UHMM UHHH UHMM CHHEDOS" they will be extremely kind in helping you, and you can literally just stare at their boobs and they wont think about it at all.

you dont have to like, actually do this. But the point is, if you set people's expectations lower than ypur actual abilities, you can impress them later.

Like, in a job interview, if youre like "heres my transcript showing im smart, heres my degree, aaand i havent had a job in three yeara and if you ask why i'll panic." That resume just gets worse as you read it. Thats bad.

Meanwhile if you go in, youre like "HOWDY, shore is nice to meet yall" theyll think youre maybe a stupid hick, but then when they see you went to college, or whatever achievements you do have, theyll be surprised in a good way. Thats a much better impression to leave.

And even if you have nothing on your resume, thats what people expect from a rural hick. Maybe you were just helping Paw herd cattle and tote haybales.

Tl:;dr: normal person with empty resume = suspicious, unknown, untristworthy. But hick with empty resume = expected, known quantity, not suspicious.