Do you believe in an afterlife anons?

Do you believe in an afterlife anons?

If you do, what's it like? Is it an Abrahamic version of heaven, Dharmic or just some isekai fantasy?

I was raised in an Oriental Orthodox house, so I strongly believe and fear the afterlife, but I'd prefer it didn't exist because I doubt I'm going anywhere good.
I'm not a bad person but I'm not a good one either.

Attached: 5-86528-.jpg (500x500, 42.71K)

There isn't an afterlife. People feared death long ago and powerful people needed them to do dangerous things that they wouldn't have done without the belief in an afterlife. So they invented the idea of an afterlife to reassure the cattle.

I feel like a lot of people would be happier without the concept of an afterlife though because nobody would fear being scorched alive for eternity

Without such an overbearing fear of being rekt by an omnipotent figure, many people would probably be more human and less hostile

I don't view religion as bad, following one myself but I definitely recognize many people fearing what may happen to them in an afterlife is why they do a lot of what they do

Well science says we decompose, turn into dust and are never to be seen again. It's eternal oblivion bro.

Attached: FFeAE-3VEAEP3X4.jpg (1200x900, 218.26K)

In the same sense that hot and cold exist. In order for something to be hot it must first be cold. I think the life and death dichotomy is the same. In order for your soul to be born and given a body you must first exist without. It's hard to say what nature this pre-body existence entails. I've thought about killing myself but it seems to me that I was born out of self determination and that I will simply continue to be born again and again until my will is fulfilled

Attached: 1638251678624.jpg (707x707, 152.32K)

I believe in Christian heaven, but it's more like a multicultural cosmopolitan area than a bunch of idiots with harps.

Science is a method not an orthodoxy. Even then it cannot explain a mechanistic relation between mind and body since a material object (body) has no means of interacting with an immeterial substance (mind). At best mind and body are only correlated not causal, they are psychophysically parallel, two modes of the same substance. Science is also not as rational as we would like to think. Its all based upon probability. Ignoring the mind body issues with probability all of our scientific observations are based upon the presuppostion that today and tomorrow will be the same as yesterday which is circular. So no science cannot say anything about the mind since its immaterial.

I'm not proud of being agnostic. I wish I could follow a religion. If anything the afterlife would be entirely differnt from our currently worldy existence since our human nature is nessicarily imperfect. Our humanity is defined by our indiiduality and what is opposite to us and what we lack. If we die and are reunited with heaven we would cease to be ourselves as we know in this world. Part of this frightens me but it would mean no more pain

Do you belive non christains go to heaven?

Attached: 99958fa4392b4516af59573f2e1bb8c9.jpg (300x250, 28.1K)

>Science is a method not an orthodoxy. Even then it cannot explain a mechanistic relation between mind and body since a material object (body) has no means of interacting with an immeterial substance (mind). At best mind and body are only correlated not causal, they are psychophysically parallel, two modes of the same substance. Science is also not as rational as we would like to think. Its all based upon probability. Ignoring the mind body issues with probability all of our scientific observations are based upon the presuppostion that today and tomorrow will be the same as yesterday which is circular. So no science cannot say anything about the mind since its immaterial.

Holy cow user, you're sooo smart! You should like get a nobel prize for how smart you are! Go out there and make yourself known of the revelations you have!. Oh wait....

Attached: stephen graham irishman 2.png (1124x997, 836.23K)

Non of this is my own thought. Its the oldest most basic of western thought. The only thing you can be sure exists is yout own mind which is immaterial and current physics cannot explain how an immaterial object interacts with a material one such as the body. Either some greater force coordinates the efforts of both mind and body together or the body like the mind is conciousness, (mind and body are one and the same)

dumbass nigga lmao

Attached: download (1).jpg (275x183, 4.85K)

That sounds terrible.

The Christian heaven I imagine is the one in the Simpsons where it's segregated along denominational lines and even then I'm not happy with that as being Oriental Orthodox means it'll be niggers, Indians and Armenians

isn't this just a long winded version of "cogito ergo sum" ?

Attached: 272637041_3099112007028549_3262344043318009925_n.jpg (900x1200, 133.7K)

i do very strongly believe in a omnipotent omniscient being. i dont know what it means to believe in a afterlife

do i believe in a afterlife for me? its possible. i mean, god also proved he can bring me to exist in this world, so we can do it somewhere else

but i dont know if i can trust god. maybe ill be tortured, i dont know. god allows so much evil, how can i trust that he will not continue to allow evil? i dont trust god. maybe paradise will be for luciferians who had child sacrifice rituals. i dont know

its possible, but i dont know

Attached: 1646623602008rt.png (960x1358, 1.58M)

>isn't this just a long winded version of "cogito ergo sum" ?

Kinda but not really. You think therefore you are. That much you can be sure of but the fact that you are also aware of your own body introduces the mind/body problem. Since you can only be sure of the existence of the mind (which is immaterial) it follows that the body must also be immaterial since it interacts with the mind. The mind and body are not distnct, you can think of them of two reflections of the same object.

Attached: 1630432930573.jpg (1015x1020, 183.91K)

> i dont know. god allows so much evil, how can i trust that he will not continue to allow evil?

Its my opinion that God allows the existence of evil in order to distinguish to good. Our existence is a sort of microchosm for God discovering itself and coming to terms with its own existence. God needs opposites in order for itself to be "other from" so it may know itself better. Mortal humans as well as all other opposites (hot/cold, blue/orange, hard/soft, male/female) exist as part of God's self actualization

Attached: 1644617578582.png (697x415, 80.49K)

god would know anything thats possible to be known by definition

Attached: 1587617167206.jpg (1200x511, 201.54K)

>Do you belive non christains go to heaven?
It's difficult to go to heaven if you don't become a god. How can you become a god if you don't know who God is and what a god does? Jesus proved that humanity is included in godhood. However, I don't think that you have to brand yourself with a label like "Christian" to go to heaven. As long as you have encountered the Holy Spirit and have accepted his friendship and authority, who's to say that you wouldn't go to heaven? Jesus was sacrificed so long ago that really his life was a technicality. I'm sure it will be great to meet him someday, but let's be realistic. It's 2000 years later and I never met the guy in the flesh, just symbolic wafers.

>it's segregated
There is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him
Romans 10:12
I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. Is Christ divided?
1 Corinthians 1:10-11,13

>god would know anything thats possible to be known by definition

yes you are right. but he must first become God through discovery. Like I said everything originates from that which it was not. Hot exists because it was cold before it warmed up, you were unconcious before you became concious. Perhaps god is the same. Maybe I am personifying god but thats how I imagine a god would be

God knowing everything is a process. We exist as him investigating that process.

Attached: 1631913613237.jpg (823x814, 107.17K)

> As long as you have encountered the Holy Spirit and have accepted his friendship and authority

How would you know once this has happened? Did it happen for you? How so? I am jealous of those with peronal mystical or otherwise religous expierence

Attached: 1628229430205.jpg (1080x1080, 107.74K)

doesn't the concept of omnipotence sort of erase the "God through discovery" thing?

Omnipotence means that by definition you are and always were perfect and all knowing without much of an explanation

to believe in an afterlife is just as insane as to not believe in an afterlife so you might as well take the leap of faith and believe theres something beyond this (which there absolutely is)

Attached: 16250006061853.jpg (554x439, 37.84K)

You just sort of know, user

I'm not the user you're replying too, but even with my rather nihilistic views, you can just feel that everything comes back full circle in a meaningful way

If I ever stopped believing in a God and I thought the world was born, life, wormfood, I'd blow myself up with an IED now

Why go through all the heartbreak, bankrupcy, wageslavery, cuckery, etc etc etc when the end result is the same no matter what

I'm the kind of guy who is happier when the football is like "Alright it's kick off - who won? They did. Alright cheers"
I don't like all the shit in the middle

honestly I feel like it would be torture to live forever assuming we kept the same minds and feelings as normal. Everything you do pretty much guess worse the more you do it and most the great things in life are based on your formative experiences when you were younger

But doesn't omnipotence require something that isnt omnipotent to also exist?

>by definition you are and always were perfect

Once you have become perfect yes. The process of becoming implies a previous state in which you were not what you have become. We are imperfect and non-omnipotent in order to allow god to be perfect and omnipotent. Again, this is just a single human trying to apply personal expiernce to metaphysics and thats the best I can do

Attached: 1637000739798.jpg (400x399, 17.7K)

>How would you know once this has happened?
Usually, a sign or answered prayer. Read Exodus 3 and Judges 6, about Moses and the burning bush and Gideon's fleece. These stories will show you one way God communicates.
>Did it happen for you?
Yes.
>How so?
My life is a joke without God. My career, my friends, and my wife are all products of prayer warriors praying for me every day for decades. I am accepted instead of suicidal.
>I am jealous of those with peronal mystical or otherwise religous expierence
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7

I do have an intutive sense of things are but I just can't stop being a pedantic faggot about things. In the end all the digging is probably worthless like you said but If I ever stop I will have to kill myself

I appreciate your response. I will investigate once I am sober. My parents were once Christain but were excommunicated for their marriage between a cathloic and a lutheran thus they decided to raise me without religion

Attached: CrystalcastlesIII (1).jpg (1080x1080, 1.52M)