"If you don't get into Stanford, we're taking away your NEETbucks."

"If you don't get into Stanford, we're taking away your NEETbucks."

This is a legitimate conversation I just had with my parents. I think it's over for me, guys. Anyone know any good places to buy a firearm?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (1200x675, 73.11K)

I wonder if bumping works on this board.

Your parents are narcissists, don't kill yourself just leave and live your life alone.

getting into stanford is pretty much impossible, I had 1570/1600 in SAT and still couldn't get in

I would be going for a graduate degree, so theoretically it would be easier, but I have no idea how competitive it would be or what my chances of getting in are.

i was into the college app process a lot like 3 years ago when i was applying and unless you have some incredible extracurriculars a great essay or legacy on top of near perfect stats you are fucked

even for graduate I think chances are less than 5%. What field are you going for?

>>>>>Philosophy
I mean, it's always been my dream to go to Stanford. I got a 3.9 GPA in undergrad, I'll hopefully have over a 330 GRE score by the time I apply, and I'm a first generation college grad. I'm legitimately trying my best here, but I can't pretend like money isn't an issue.

but user if you are currently in education they are not neetbux you dumbass

stop being white then, or become jewish

Attached: hmm.jpg (693x770, 138.66K)

I'm in a period between my undergrad and graduate degrees.

>philosophy

that might be easier to get in, I was trying for electrical engineering.

I'm brown

Honestly, my biggest problem are the letters of recommendation. It's hard to get letters when none of my professors knew my name.

dude, wana know a honest story? this story is 100% true. you might think im lying, but its the truth

i moved to a new highschool in a different city, where i knew NOBODY, at 15. i had no friends. i was failing all of my classes, eating lunch alone at tim hortons, was extremely depressed, couldnt keep up with school work. i honestly REALLY REALLY felt like neither my parents cared for me as a person, and only my dad cared to scream at me to do well in school. my mother never cared about ANYTHING, she just ignored me all the time

i was maybe a couple weeks away from telling my dad i want to drop out of highschool (which i eventually did). i was just sitting there on the stairs, and my dad told me he wanted to talk with me. he didnt know how i was failing all of my classes or how i felt that he didnt care about me

he went to the computer, and in front of my life, google searched "harvart", misspelt it but it auto-corrected, clicked it, showed me the front page of the website, and said "i want you to go here. okay?"

to this day i burst out laughing thinking about that sometimes. my dad died 2 years ago, but when he was alive, i'd roast him about that, and how little he actually cared about me. i hate breeders. honestly breeders are the most selfish cunts

Attached: finejfgjdghjkdg.jpg (1736x2380, 477.84K)

The thing is, my parents are the opposite. They hate school. They hate that I want to continue my education. They'd probably keep me on neetbux if I went to some trade school that would permanently handicap me after 30 years of terrible work. I absolutely love school. I have other top schools that are on my list, but unless I get into the top one, they'll think I'm just wasting my time.

Yea that's gonna be hard then. My advise would be contact some your former professors and ask them if they need volunteers for research work or try to be a TA for a while and get to know them that way you can get much better letters. Just saying that you were in their class and scored good are gonna get very dry letters.

Also I understand you might like philosophy but what job could you get with that? you may need to think about your future too.

I'm not American but maybe you are, I don't have much knowledge of this but in USA there are many positions in government that are filled by elections and all you need to run is a degree, so maybe try that. So many of those elections go unopposed.

that's a sad story my friend, hopefully you are doing better now

>what job could you get with that?
None. Literally zero. I'm not going for the job. I'm going to surround myself with other intelligent people while learning from the best educators in the world.

> I'm going to surround myself with other intelligent people while learning from the best educators in the world.

that honestly sounds nice but you are gonna have to get job at some point in your life, unless you have rich parents or you are rich yourselves or some rally clever plan for your finances.

Of course, and I got an undergrad in a STEM field, so I shouldn't be too hard-pressed to find a job once I graduate.

oh nice then, I say you go for it. Good luck man.

>we're taking away your NEETbucks
If it's a parent provided allowance then lol, but if it's actual wellfair then your parent's can't take that away only the gov can do that.