Has anyone here overcome depression

but unironically?

What did you do? What have you been doing to keep yourself stable?

Attached: me.png (1280x1280, 430.76K)

>What did you do?
get a gf

Of the three guys I know who had depression:
Two became extremely religious
One tried to fix it with psychedelics and went insane, committed suicide later
One finished college and started his own business completely unrelated to his degree, makes a lot of money, got some pets and was no longer depressed
So your best option I guess is to find some kind of purpose, habitually work towards it, and enjoy the progress you make

Some what, it never goes away but it gets less and less.
Really start with little things you can do daily that are good for you, whatever they are.
Then add more and more, take breaks, and if you can try to hang out with your bros every so often.
I'm still not fully over as I still have intense apathy for everything, but I manage to do it. That along with fantasizing suicide, so yeah.

We are all gonna make it bros, just take it slow.

Attached: hopium.jpg (474x377, 24K)

I've been reading philosophy and studying math.
Basiclly trying to rewire my dopamine system.

>What did you do
Instead of killing myself now im thinking about killing everyone else

oh..
sama bin laden

Attached: 1643752741782.png (480x589, 226.9K)

*four guys I know
I hear this works too

>one tied to numb the pain
>one took the "just stop being sad" and it worked
one was not depressed, guess which one

Once you've read enough books you'll eventually come to realize that life is completely meaningless. That's the reason why people study Philosophy and also the reason why they stop. Buddha was right.

Attached: the_devil_probably_1.jpg (1600x900, 256.85K)

>Self-harmed and was suicidally depressed from early teens to late twenties.
>Approaching fourty now.
>Actually mostly happy these days
>Still get fucking miserable about some things, know I have some stuff to work on
>Have great relationships with friends and family, a job I enjoy, active hobbies

Happy to answer questions about this if it could help some of you cunts out of a pit

I found my own myth. I killed the gods inside me.

Attached: screen476.jpg (873x876, 186.29K)

I did. Got my life back on track, started heading in a really good direction, then had another psychotic episode and now I'm back rock bottom

Attached: 1589098819599.png (194x208, 80.73K)

martial arts, weightlifting and fixing my nutrition

electronic shock therapy to reset your consousness
worked for me

where wife

romanticize my suffering
this only works because I'm not ugly, so I can daydream about having a cute bf/gf to vent to in the future

21st century lobotomy, literally just gives you seizures

>One tried to fix it with psychedelics and went insane, committed suicide later
God that's disappointing to hear. I've heard some people go insane from meditation alone. Seems psychedelics simply potentiate whatever possible ideas/connections your brain is already capable of.

Would you happen to know what specifically he tried? Was he guided through his trip?

Attached: 1641835227110.jpg (1200x600, 103.42K)

>Really start with little things you can do daily that are good for you, whatever they are.
thank you user I needed to hear this

>a job I enjoy
what do you do?

just pray satan he will help

by still believing that one day my life will be much better than it is even if that wont happen, thats how i cope

You never truly "beat" it. You just find better, healthier ways to stay sane. Depression comes with being an intelligent being but it never lasts forever.

Attached: 1645306595339.jpg (788x576, 155.98K)

Running and lifting weights helps ... until you feel shit for not doing the right thing and having a kebab or something unhealthy instead like drinking or cocaine.

I believe it doesn't really go away but you get victories. I just say "I may feel bad now but one day I wont" and that usually helps.

Not at all. EST is honestly much more sensible than the crazy shit they just put in a pill bottle and sell by the truckload because it reduced suicidal tendencies by 1% in a study that the corporation funded.
My advice with the anti-depressants is to only use the stimulants. They're essentially the most straightforward; more stimulation is induced by the drug and this allows for more opportunities for serotonin/dopamine release (and possibly also greater release from each event). The SSRIs... I don't trust them.

it returns every now and then
best cure for it is cigarettes, sunlight and exercise
and ideally friends
so long as you don't have feelings towards someone you're pretty good, just don't make that mistake no matter what and you'll be fine

Attached: 1610152087417.png (640x640, 429.71K)

Are you the game dev tomoko poster from Any Forums? hope you feel better soon lad

I didn't want to die or end up homeless, so I decided to take actions that helped my situation. Had to take meds to help, but at least I didn't feel like I got tired every time I worked. I'd say it's aversion towards further suffering that provided me with enough motivation to push myself to the limits.

No, thanks though. I have been trying to get off my ass and learn RPGmaker though.

Attached: 1642887532833.png (381x338, 264.88K)