Why are Japanese so unmotivated to learn English? I think they don't even care most of the time

Why are Japanese so unmotivated to learn English? I think they don't even care most of the time.
Do they never get interested to watch a Western movie or a TV show? I know anime is everywhere, but do they never get curious about Western cartoons? I figured that if a Westaboo got interested in watching a Western cartoon, their English learning motivation would grow. Do Japanese only consume Japanese media or what?
I want to become an English teacher in Japan? What should I expect. English is not m native language btw. I'm French.

Attached: 1631220501171.png (800x696, 668.54K)

Are you actually retarded? You realize mainstream media and subs and dubs is a two way street. We sub and dub anime in English and they sub and dub stuff like marvel movies in Japanese.

Attached: 1646070104178.png (722x720, 716.52K)

English is overrated, its the globohomo language. The japanese have subtitles you know?

what are you talking about, english is trendy in japan, they're reverse weebs for cool stuff like the names of stars. you have no idea how cool the words ORION and RIGEL are to a japanese person.
most anime is based off of western books.
the issue is english as a foreign language is a heckin nightmare, and they know just how daft they sound trying to use it.

You see OP is an idiot who thinks his own ass is what dictates reason and believes it.

Why are Americans so unmotivated to learn Japanese? I think they don't even care most of the time.
Do they never get interested to watch a Eastern movie or a TV show? I know cartoon is everywhere, but do they never get curious about Eastern anime? I figured that if a Eastaboo got interested in watching an Eastern anime, their Japnese learning motivation would grow. Do Americans only consume America media or what?
I want to become an Japanese teacher in America? What should I expect. Japanese is not m native language btw. I'm not French.
(moi aussi mdr)

>the issue is english as a foreign language is a heckin nightmare
Let me guess. You're a native English speaker, aren't you?

Because culturally they are very isolationist
Yes, Japanese people love American things, but less than 10% of Japanese actually speak English at any sort of conversational level. There's a difference between throwing in random English words into songs and actually being able to talk about a concept or something as simple as how your day was in English
I understand where you're coming from, but you can't really compare people learning a language where 90%+ are native speakers in a country with a declining population to the literal Lingua Franca of the world, where most people are not native speakers and learn it for business and global communication
I don't know what you're trying to say but I have never spoken to a single non-native English speaker who didn't complain about how confusing and hard to learn English was

sure am
luv me books
luv me free access to online discourse
ate forin words
not racist just dont like em
simple as

It's hard to learn for people who can't possibly find a regular use for it. When you're in a big insular country and you have everything in the world spoonfed to you in native language (entertainment, study materials, online and offline comminuties), there's that much less reason to use English. English is not that hard a language to learn though.

Japanese have a Japanese equivalent for everything.
Pixiv is the Japanese equivalent for Deviantart.
Nico Nico Douga is the Japanese equivalent for Youtube. There are so many Japanese forums and sites out there. The only Japanese who are motivated with learning English are only those who are just not satisfied with the content they have.
Also, we should be glad that not many Japanese speak or know English because if they did, the will start coming to Western sites and spreading their autism. I don't want Japs to spread their autism here.
Though I'm shocked that not even Hiroshi Kamiya speaks English considering that he's an idol who travels a lot. How did he manage coming to America?
How do Japanese manage coming to America in general? I can assure you that most Americans don't speak Japanese so they're screwed.

Realizing how difficult English is for a Japanese person only made me aware of one thing: Why is their so much art on Pixiv? Shouldn't these people be spending their time learning English instead?

Would you rather draw anime titties like everyone else, or would you rather spend the time leaning a language where the dominant online culture is fat ugly tranny dykes, and all their fellow artists that aren't knocking off your country's art are drawing fat ugly tranny dykes?

I can't really give a fuck about learning Japanese either, even when I know it would benefit me greatly. I don't blame the japs entirely, but I also don't think English is as hard to learn as Japanese.

Most Japanese I know just gave up on learning English because it was too hard. I have a lot of Japanese friends who speak fluent Spanish tho.

>I'm french
stop being obsessed with english.

I remember something really shocking that happened to me last year when I visited Osaka. I met this average looking office lady (OL) and I went up to her to ask for directions. She noticed that I'm white and that I was struggling with my Japanese. She immediately started speaking to me in a perfect English with a flawless Queen's accent (AKA proper English). She even used complex words I've never hard before in my life. She sounded like she was from England, born and raised. I didn't even believe that she's Japanese until she started speaking to me in native Japanese.
When I asked her if she's ever been to any English speaking country, her answer was no. Sh told me she hasn't traveled outside Japan in her life.

Why not? It's the best language out there.

French people actually hate English, they've just been cucked into speaking it since England was the #1 European power and France was only #2.
That's why France only has a 66% rate of speaking English while many other European countries have 80%+

66% is way too high. Last time I checked it was 39%? Have things changed so much in the last few years. The only French people who love English are zoomers. You'll never meet a French person over 40 who thinks that English is the best.

By what metric is it the best?
>if you hate it you can't be obsessed
it's called rent free.

>it's called rent free.
You're right, I just meant they're not obsessed positively. They had their chance to make French the Lingua Franca of the world but Napoleon blew it.

What if Japanese became the lingua franca? How would weebs feel about this?