I rarely talk

>I rarely talk
>Female coworkers are weirdly protective of me
>Male coworkers always call me "buddy" and pat my back
>Coworkers have bought me stuffed animals, mugs, trinkets
>Figure out how to fix one of our machines at work
>People act shocked that I figured it out

I'm definitely perceived as retarded/developmentally stunted

Attached: 1638412434366.jpg (900x1273, 590K)

You're probably cute. That's all

or maybe you just are short and cute looking so your coworkers instinctively see you as needing protection and affection

pretty based if you ask me

Attached: 1640368718939.jpg (450x450, 93.08K)

Oh fuck. Is that actually a thing that happens? The group I play vidya with online treat me the same.

Attached: 1645298125318.jpg (540x540, 49.12K)

I'm not tall, but half the guys there are shorter than me

Buddy doesn't typically have a negative connotation, and when it does it's extremely obvious through other cues. Some robots will only disagree because they're overly sensitive and take anything normies say as a slight against them.

If you're one of the youngest people working there or you generally get along well with everyone and more on the introverted side I think they just perceive you as a more kind and pure person and want to look out for you. Maybe some of them think you're more naive or incapable of some tasks but that's something most young people go through in the workplace. Just stay humble and keep being yourself user, I'm sure most of your coworkers like and respect you.

>anyone who disagrees with me is wrong

buddy 95% of the time is condescending

Except it's not, my friends and coworkers call each other buddy all the time and none of us have an issue with it.

Stop acting like a victim, you're not the main character of the universe and people calling you "buddy" aren't out to get you.

no one is saying anyone is out to get me, im simply commenting on the connotations of a word, stop being dramatic. youre simply wrong

>youre simply wrong

And you're simply socially inept and have a victim complex.

fucking lol, coping and seething. nice combo

>95% of the time
no way. i'm not american so maybe its different there, assuming you are american anyway. but everyone at my work calls each other buddy. i'd say its only used negatively like maybe 10% of the time at most.

You're the one taking a positive word and trying to spin it to fit your twisted, depressing reality. Feel free to project some more though.

seethe cope dilate kys etc

Every thread I make somehow devolves into this

Just remember, you can't blame other people and society for being shunned and lonely when you're just a negative and unpleasant person to be around.

i've seen how canadians use it, and it sounds friendly. in america it's a pretty uppity word though, unless the person deliberately draws out the vowels.

I'm not the youngest, and a couple people think I'm an asshole, yet others think I'm some sweetheart... there's rarely an in-between

I honestly hate being around my coworkers even though I think they are all decent people

Attached: 95234575_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x1200, 619.43K)

im not lonely at all so i think im good famalam

that's me but on purpose. i try to make myself seem like the stupidest person in the room at any given point.
it's a lot of fun, but draining at times. it makes it so easy to fuck with people, and if they get mad? i play dumb and they take pity.
i've been called out a few times when people realize i'm smarter than i let on, but that's rare and i've only been called out by people who are way smarter than me. like, i'm above average at best, but compared to the people who call me out for that game? i can't even comprehend or imagine how their thought process is because they're so smart.
it's kind of weird that it's easy to dumb down intelligence, but things that are way beyond your scope? you can't even imagine what it's like.
i think that's the reason a lot of people think/assume they're smarter than they really are, because they can imagine what it's like to be dumber than they are, but have no idea what it's like to be smarter than they are. there's no frame of reference, so they assume they're at a higher tier.

pic related is you. your not smart, your actually retarded and think your smart.

Attached: quantumleap.gif (218x228, 1023.63K)