What's the reasoning behind self harming ?

what's the reasoning behind self harming ?
I'm fucked in the head too, but I never consider it

Attached: q2vp1w244ct61.jpg (3472x4624, 1.01M)

Inside ouchy is hard to understand, creating outside ouchy helps make sense of it.

>feels nice
>releases endorphins
>calms the mind
>looks cool like a tattoo

Attached: 763456.jpg (750x605, 47.51K)

ngl that looks cool

Memes, in the sense that, at some point they saw this was an appropriate action, usually

me neither, I'd rather hurt my liver with booze instead at least it makes me forget about the pain for an hour or two

Self harm scars look gay but I'd love to have a facial scar like this. I could say I was in an accident or something

Attached: downloadfile-269.jpg (225x348, 19.19K)

I've punched drywall and wooden furniture, but I'll never cut myself
leaving a permanent mark in my body is just felt wrong

From what I've seen, cutfags are attention seekers and that they say it feels good makes me think it's not actually about inflicting pain on themselves.
Kindof pathetic honestly. I know it sounds mean but come on. If you're having issues either repress them or be a man about them. I'm not implying you need to kys or anything just actually make yourself feel pain. Beat the fuck out of yourself or something don't just scar yourself like a retard

For me personally it's anger. I have anger issues so in order to release it without hurting others or breaking things I've developed a really bad habit for years now of just biting my arm to the point that it's left a permanent scar. It feels almost impossible to stop myself at this point my brain has just made a permanent connection with anger to self harm even for the most minor of things I feel that I must do it to release the emotion.

Attached: 1644786823940.jpg (1280x720, 56.53K)

why wouldn't you do it for attention, sounds fun desu

worked in an emergency room these people are annoying

the permanent mark on your body is part of the appeal honestly. it's kinda validating in a way. but i only cut these days when i'm drunk, i realize how retarded it is to do otherwise

Attached: 927364.jpg (422x421, 64.86K)

It's very calming when you're feeling overwhelmed. Relaxes you almost instantly. That's why I did it for a bit

Tell us some stories user

>what's the reasoning behind self-harming?
control and endorphins.
control: there is comfort is consistent discomfort, and the self-inflection helps give some control back to the cutter.
that's why self-harm is prevalent in high-stress environments and jobs.
endorphins: the brain releases chemicals to soothe the physical pain, which helps with the mental pain.
it's basically heroin, but you don't need money to do it. self-harm addiction is very hard to stop because there is no substance or money needed.
no knives? razors. no razors? bang your head against the wall or pull out your hair.

i'm a cutfag and a suifag.

Not gonna lie the arm looks sick. Wouldn't want in on my body but still looks pretty cool.

i've stabbed myself before, it's the rush of doing it and once that goes away you have nothing. it's stupid but sometimes it's all you can do. it's like "everything else in my life is cutting me like this, why don't i do it too?"

>If you're having issues either repress them or be a man about them.
No, get off your high horse

that's retarded, user. punching the wall is way more satisfying and builds muscles. aim for a stud and keep going until it stops hurting.

Feels good. It's that simple.

Ever get frustrated and punch/bash your head? It's like that.