I broke through my weight plateau of 178lbs. I am currently 173.9lbs and 5'8"...

I broke through my weight plateau of 178lbs. I am currently 173.9lbs and 5'8". I am hoping to drop all the way down to 115lbs. I think I can achieve it by the end of June. Thoughts, robots? I know y'all don't care. I just don't have anyone else I can confide with about this particular milestone. Mom and brother actively try to keep me fat.

Attached: GTY_Body_fat_scales-jrl_160623_4x3_608.jpg (608x456, 23.55K)

>Thoughts, robots?
I've never had to lose weight before because lanklet genetics, but I know for a fact that calorie intake is pretty much all that matters. Just eat sparsely, take a multivitamin, and throw in exercise if you can.

Attached: 1602647770126.png (285x300, 115.37K)

I'm literally in the same boat as you user. 5'8 and almost 180lbs. My parents mainly buy junk and never taught me about health and nutrition. Do you have any tips for me? I either overeat the wrong foods or fast an unhealthy amount. I was almost 160 from fasting but went right back up to 180. I hope I don't have diabetes.

So I am 115 lbs but I think something more realistic might be 130-140. For me I lose weight even when I dont exercise, but I don't drink any sweet/alcoholic drinks only plain water. I eat 1-2 meals a day (rarely fried but occasionally). Mostly its chicken, steamed egg, fish, occasionally aglio oglio and mussels which are my favorite. Sometimes japanese bento boxes.

But basically it boils down to
1) Eat 2 meals a day or less AND make sure the calories are low.

2) Do NOT overeat for any meal

3) Drink water and do not drink sweet/alcoholic drinks

I've never exercised in my life before so I cant help with that. My mother and sister think im insane that I enjoy being 5'6 and 115 lbs
3)

Is this unhealthy? Is it possible to eat like this and not experience any health complications.

Hmm I guess it technically borderlines on the healthy/underweight but nothing too severe.

Yes its possible to eat like this and feel fine. I've been eating like this for the past 10 years (im 21 now). I've been through the military for 2 years and all their medical tests say that im fine.

>5'8
>174 Ibs/79 kg
user I'm 140 Ibs at 6', so yeah you've got some weight to lose and you should be able to lose around a 2.2 every other or third day if you just keep to light meals.
At least that's how it goes for me since I drop 4.4 Ibs or two kilos in about a day if I don't gorge myself (1 kilo+ of meat and other things every day).

Not OP but lost a lot of weight after struggling with being fat.
First thing that would make it easier is if you could convince your parents to stop buying junk food, although that isn't required, you can still do it without that. Just start small, for example stop drinking sodas or sugary juices. Then when you get used to that stop doing some other bad habbit like putting too much food in your plate when you eat. Gradualy you'll fix your lifestyle that way. It won't be easy and wil take a lot of conscious effort to do it, but it pays off in the end. Just keep going and ygmi

Attached: 20201115_003724.jpg (1080x941, 157.57K)

im not that user but i dont drink sodas or juices or whatever i only drink water, tea, and coffee but do you think its okay if i add the serving size (1 tbsp) of cream to my coffee?

Attached: 1632570924095.png (488x396, 203.06K)

Coffee gives you cancer

nooo that cant be true :(

Attached: 1642155885144.jpg (720x720, 63.63K)

OP here. I'm no doctor; however, I think weight loss is merely an exercise both willpower and strategy. Willpower comes when you resist the temptations to give into shitty eating habits and develop healthier ones. One thing must understand is that weight loss happens your body catabolizes your excess fat/muscle because of a caloric deficit. This means you need to eat less calories. Keep in mind, the advice I'm about to give only works if you're physiologically healthy and don't have some kind of rare obesity gene.

Once I realized weight loss is all about eating less calories than you expend, everything became easier. Eating less calories is only efficient when you are sleeping well every night AND hitting all your nutrition requirements. Please do not participate in extremist diets, they never work and are often downright dangerous. The only time they work is when those diets implicate cutting calories the regimen.

Some pointers. I have noticed that cutting out all junk foods (ALL OF THEM) and eating healthier greatly improves my overall mood and energy levels. I think junk foods alter your metabolism or some shit. When I eat a bowl of those 1000kcal instant noodle packs, it takes me about 7 days to rebound to baseline in terms of well being. Read a book on nutrition, seriously. I have the intuition that shit foods alter your body's metabolism in such a way that makes you become and stay fat. Don't eat shit, eat healthier, cook your own meals.

Another helpful thing is to get in the mindset of mentally counting calories. Start by paying attention to the number of calories on the foods you eat. Track your calories by writing them down first. Once you get an idea of how many calories are usually in foods, you can start eyeballing/mentally calculating how many calories you eat per day. I think the term for this is mindful eating, google it. This in particular

It should be ok, just take the conscious effort to eat healthier. You should also fix your sleeping schedule.
said it well, it's a ballance of both willpower and strategy.

Attached: 1569667014965.jpg (960x691, 61.66K)

how do you know i need to fix my sleeping schedule wtf
for the past like 2 months i go to sleep at like 4am and get out of bed at like 1pm

Attached: 1626045722245.png (462x407, 312.79K)

>178cm
>stuck on 71kg
Idk why it is so hard to go beyond this point. It has been almost a week god damn it.

That's a big thing. Being tired slows your metabolism. And when you don't sleep, your body has no energy, and then it thinks that you don't have energy because you don't eat enough, so you get more hungry and crave higher callorie foods. Also when you are tired, your body does all it can to keep you from moving and spending callories, witch causes more fat to be stored. Good sleep matters as much as a good diet and that aspect is often overlooked.

Attached: 20210321_200558.jpg (1080x1038, 273.95K)

Good job user. I know you can do it
Sincerely, femanon who got down to 116. Tryna get to 102

I cant seem to lose weight. I associate eating food with happiness.

Keep at it bro, you can get there
t. also 5'8, down from 200 to 142lbs in the last ~7 months

drink matcha tea

Attached: guardian-angel-slime-1.gif (569x427, 958.66K)

>115lbs
I don't think you should go below 130lbs at that height, check some BMI calculators. I understand you want to be skinny, but don't overdo it. You can even switch to lifting after reaching your goal.

Im also 5'8. My current weight is 153 lbs. Thinking about going down to 140 then starting weights

Are you a NEET? If so try this:
>buy good shoes
>wake up at sunrise
>drink a glass of milk
>pack a sandwich and water
>go out and walk in one direction
>at midday eat the sandwich
>turn around
>arrive back home in the evening
>eat dinner with family
>repeat the next day
You burn basically the same amount of energy per distance, independent of speed, so why not walk for 12 hours a day (~70km)? Yeah. You could run the same distance in shorter time, but you'll fuck up your joints and you'll have more time free for eating.
If you need something to distract you from tired legs or hunger, take an mp3 player and headphones.

I do this but im not a NEET I work from home so I do around 1-2 hours of this. works well for losing weight

OP Here. I do this as well, I did it a lot during middle school and high school. I lived in a city so the miles weren't exorbitant. There are only so many neighborhoods you can walk before you practically know your city like the back of your hand. These days, what I like to do is pick up an energy drink and grab my weed pen and just power walk around. I come home and hit the shower and immediately come back to doing college work or trying to keep myself busy