I'm not christian but recently I felt a very strong urge to start reading the bible. Can you find comfort in it...

I'm not christian but recently I felt a very strong urge to start reading the bible. Can you find comfort in it, even if you aren't religious?

Attached: Jz6SOYRTi2HVygW4bwNU.png (600x400, 207.71K)

you don't have to be religious you just have to be schizophrenic

I had the same urge last year, more so with the intent of studying where the stories came from and what the bible really is, and I fell down the religious rabbit hole. Suddenly all of those people who find god make a lot of sense. That doesn't make me a literalist or anything like that, but when you start to understand what these stories are, you can't help but wear a cross around your neck.

I'm a fag too.

Attached: IMG_1113 - Copy.jpg (4032x1892, 1.68M)

Regardless of whether you believe in it or not it's the single most influential collection of writings in history. I think everyone should read it. It's a shame it's not assigned in school.

If you're schizo you don't need to read the bible though, you can just home-cook your own mysticism

schizo Christianity is way more fun tho

If you believe in God, and are open to the idea that Jesus Christ really existed, yes. Otherwise it might just go over your head, this is speaking from personal experience from someone who read it as an atheist, and then again after believing in God.

>If you believe in God
That's my issue. I don't even really know. I find the thought of there being a god comforting, but couldn't say if I truly believe in that or not.

I'd recommend reading CS Lewis if you're on the fence about believing.

I just read the great divorce, holy shit it was good.

That's called Gnostic Christianity, and it's very fun

Any recommendations where I should start?

You should. A nigger with a high voice might call your cellie and give you money brah.

Same, I really liked the concept of heaven and hell working retroactively.
The sci fi trilogy is really good, especially the last book. Or you can just browse through his books and pick a topic that interests you. Like that guy mentioned, the great divorce is good, its about the concept of heaven and hell.

>Can you find comfort in it
Ancient rules and fables that haven't meant shit for 3000 years. If that floats your boat, go for it. I don't know how that comforts anyone.

Just pray and pretend it has magic powers that will help you, like every other religious person.

Attached: Micai.jpg (372x135, 10.8K)

The great divorce is a great start because it is pretty short, and is very concise. The story is basically an explanation for why pride is the most dangerous of the deadly sins. Most people think of pride in the sinful form as meaning priding yourself as being above God, but it is very easy to believe that what you pride yourself on does not conflict with God.

It basically introduces you to all these people who could go to heaven, but all choose not to for one reason or another, each highlighting this little sense of pride they have that they would rather live in hell than compromise on.

Lol you faggots are so fucking dumb. Tell that nigger to quit being a bitch and voice chat.

it's definitely worth reading OP, whether you're religious or not.

It's weird how it has become a sort of modern rite of passage for better understanding the state of the world.

Especially the last chapter.

Reading the Bible is better than browsing r9k all day. Even if you think what it teaches is bullshit you could at least interpret it for its historical value