Medicalfags, help

do i need medical attention? my new cleaver betrayed me when i was cutting frozen eggplant. my old one broke, i had it for like 6 years, i missed it. it was smaller, but i loved it more

i tried to go to a walk-in clinic, but all doctors are phone only, because of covid. i just spilled blood everywhere and left awkwardly

>SORRY SIR =D WERE ONLINE ONLY XD NO DOCTORS IN THIS WALK IN CLINIC =P
so tilting

the bleeding stopped hours ago, and it only hurts when i touch it. am i in danger? in a retard with this stuff

i found a spare inadine gauze, and i used that and put pressure on it until it stopped bleeding. there was blood everywhere, i would of laughed harder for being a retard if it wasnt me bleeding. i squirted some alcohol on it when it was bleeding and just put pressure on it with the inadine gause. it hasnt bled for hours, but im still paranoid

i went to the hospital, but they told me go to go the emergency room, and i coudlnt do it. i couldnt justify going to the fucking emergency room for dumb shit like this, i even paid a taxi to go there

is my finger going to be ok?

Attached: 6534564564 (1).jpg (2448x3264, 1.47M)

Sorry sir but your skin tone is your greatest medical issue at the moment.

>i couldnt justify going to the fucking emergency room for dumb shit like this
Emergency rooms are full of dumb shit like this you fucking retard

A meat cleaver? You might have went down to the bone, but maybe not. Regardless, you'll be fine. Keep the wound clean and bandaged. It'll heal and leave a nasty scar. If you had went to the ER, all they would have done is give you sutures, which would have made the scar a bit less ugly.

Attached: 1608077852188.jpg (749x666, 68.56K)

what do you mean? inadine gauze is orange

u need to elbatorate by what u mean by my skin s

Attached: JOJOPO1512-600x438.jpg (600x438, 30.43K)

>all the doctors are phone only, because of covid

Attached: 1495351441951.png (900x690, 657.23K)

I think you might be able to use superglue it back together. No lie look it up.

it will probably hurt a lot more if you don't see a doc but if you take care of it you'll be fine probably

i just dont want some kind of permanent damage, like my fingers falling off or gangrene or something

doctor here - how deep is the cut? can you move your finger in all directions (up, down, sideways) without any issues? need to double check there is no tendon that is injured.

depends on how deep it is

the real question is "do you want to risk nerve damage if you arent willing to get a doctor to look at it"

aside from nerve damage, infection is a possibility and how well/bad it might heal on its own

It's amazing how many people have died of cancer because of that, and it just gets swept under the rug.

Imagine getting paid a doctors salary to sit on your computer all day and pick up the phone every once in a while.

Attached: 16034634.png (640x540, 148.46K)

Should be ok, clean and close it with liquid stitches (glue for tissue not superglue). It's an annoying place you might have to keep it wrapped so it doesn't want to reopen itself.

Your skin is brown user, get rid of it.

>how deep is the cut?
your guess is as good as mine. i dont know how tendons work in the finger. thats why i took the picture

>can you move your finger in all directions (up, down, sideways) without any issues?
yes, but if i push it too hard it hurts, but i can move it

do you recommend going to the emergency room? does this justify showing up at the emergency room at 8pm?
i just feel guilty for showing up at a place like that, but if i get advice that its justified, i will

nerve damage sounds like something id rather not deal with

emergency room is the normal entrance for anything that recently happened

even tho "emergency" sounds more for something life and death, its a tactic to make people like you feel guilty and "fuck off" as it were
if you ignore getting it sorted now you could end up with either taking meds for a long time or a life long disability with a fucked up finger
and it will be all your own fault
the choice is yours

ok, ill go now then. i already have my shoes on. ty

its free in canada, but i hate having to take up medical resources when i dont have to, but apparently i do

>wash under cold water
>clean the wound with some alcohol
>tightly bandge the finger
>try not to move it for a while
>if for some reason the bleeding doesnt stop, raise the arm above the heart level and keep it like that a bit

do you think they are going to rush him into emergency nerve reconnection surgery? they will clean it and close it, if they really go above and beyond they will say "keep an eye on it for a week"

If you have good insurance go to the emergency room. What gives me concern is that white spot which leads me to believe it's deeper than it looks. Looks like it needs stitches. The body has trouble healing deeper wounds on its own. Give me another picture or two and I can tell for sure. One from the top of the finger especially.

You don't want to fuck with your index fingers user, they're extremely important. Like I said, if you can afford it then just fucking go god damn. They exist for that shit and I'm sure it breaks up the monotony of dealing with covid all day. If you don't then I'd personally refrain from moving it as much as possible, bandage it then go see urgent care tomorrow, but that comes with the risk of infection and worse scarring. CALL AROUND and find an urgent care dumbfuck.

its still the job of a doctor to tell him if it needs stitches or just keep it clean

many problems of people is they think they know better
using all options available to you is better then not and having a fucked up finger for life

This. Even if I assume it's going to be fine, if it's something important like an index finger I'm not taking that risk. Urgent care would fix you right up, just make sure you call them first to make sure there's a doctor on hand.

go to the hospital weirdo