What exactly does "based" mean?

What exactly does "based" mean?

Attached: 1645049080571.jpg (1920x1080, 482.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2pyops3UGr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its the opposite of cringe

If you have to ask you ain't it pal

It means you belong to us

Based basically means authenticity, and owning or killing something. It doesn't necessarily mean being the best at something or doing the best at something, but rather having the confidence and self-acceptance to go as far with what you're doing as possible.

Consider the virgin vs. Chad memes. In many of those, the virgin may actually have the more accurate perspective than the Chad, but it's all for naught, because the virgin lacks the confidence and self-acceptance necessary to succeed in life. In contrast, the Chad does succeed in life even if their worldview is inferior, simply because he has the confidence and attitude necessary to succeed in life, coming out on top.

in the context of Any Forums
it means you respect someone for doing something even if you don't necessary condone the act itself

Attached: based-god1.jpg (500x500, 18.11K)

Damn. Not only do I still not understand what it is I am not it

Wow actually detailed explanation I think I'm starting to understand. Can you explain cringe to me as well?

lil b said it just means being yourself and not caring what others think while cringe is is just like a feeling of embarrassment or awkwardness. in terms of internet discourse: based = good. cringe = bad.
thread theme btw
youtube.com/watch?v=2pyops3UGr4

It means "thing I like".

my nigger, part of the tribe, etc

Fpbp

Original comment

It means you're black

Fascism is Based.
Communism is Based.
Stagflation is Based.
ANYTHING that contributes to the downfall of Neoliberalism is BASED.

the opposite of this nigga in the picture

jamal you arent hot shit like you think

Apparently whatever the fuck you want
>ITT: Noone can agree

Based
Why isn't he based?

ask lil b

Faggots used to say "respect", now it's "based".

Being who you are and not giving the fuck.
The more of an npc you are, as in, the more of the kind of person that falls in line with whatever is popular, conventional, or mainstream, the less based you are.

its based on what, though?