Guitarthread anyone? Post your vocaroos

Lets have a guitarthread.

Been recently practicing this tough piece of 250 bpm (strum+percussion) shit with annoying fingerbreaking chords on a custom tuning.

vocaroo.com/16EnjpKZ01EB

I can hear that im getting there but its still not 250 bpm. Nor are the chords entirely correct. But i think achieving the 250 bpm is more important. Afterwards i can focus more on playing cleaner. I literally had to build up my right shoulder and arm muscles for beeing able to play this kek

whats your stuff?

Attached: Download (6).jpg (275x183, 6.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1m5Tw6TBGlG3
vocaroo.com/1d9VCmrBEXjU
youtu.be/oig9duWlpUo?t=73
vocaroo.com/1kzd4NrLOD9l
voca.ro/19UxwbBpd3HQ
voca.ro/1h3HsBtkf7Ej
voca.ro/17TBHRgiAdPQ
voca.ro/11q5q7LTxU5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds very nice user, but what is the original piece? When I tap along to your vocaroo I clock out at roughly 136 BPM. Is it genuinely played at 250?

>Post your vocaroos
vocaroo.com/1m5Tw6TBGlG3
vocaroo.com/1d9VCmrBEXjU
Two riff ideas I had

>e] [Auto] 1 new post
the strumming pattern is 125bpm and the Percussion is 125 bpm so tehcnically i'd call it 250 bpm? dunno if thats right. The original piece is this one (the sturmming part is roughly at 1:15)

youtu.be/oig9duWlpUo?t=73

I like the 2nd vocaroo more btw. reminds me a bit of Rhcp somehow lol.

The tuning is b1 F#2 C#3 F#3 B3 A#3

Allthough i think in the video he uses custom low gauge strings and tuned basically all of this even an octave higher. Last time i tryed to do it i failed miserably though lol

>the strumming pattern is 125bpm and the Percussion is 125 bpm so tehcnically i'd call it 250 bpm?
Dunno man, both sound like they're at roughly 130 BPM to me. I might be wrong though

>achieving the 250 bpm is more important. Afterwards i can focus more on playing cleaner.
Literally the opposite of what the general consensus is about what to do. What you posted sounds like a joke (the music and thought process behind it).

Nevermind, I read this >the strumming pattern is 125bpm and the Percussion is 125 bpm so tehcnically i'd call it 250 bpm?
That doesn't make sense in any world. To be honest, you sound kinda retarded, but it's okay, it's honest retardation and not ironic.
You don't add the tempos together of each instrument/track. There's one tempo every instrument sticks to (not counting esoteric polytempic shit which no one cares about in this context). It's a fairly basic music theory stuff. You should seriously spend 20 minutes on some basic course and everything will be at least twice easier for you (since you're still at this level).

instead of just giving counter can you explain why? does it really matter which one you get right first (chords or strumming pattern/bpm)? if so why?

I'd argue you should get the strumming rhythm down first and foremost. Cleaning up the rest can come afterwards.
However, the example OP posted definitely isn't 250 BPM lol

well if you go for the strumming pattern its supposed to be 125 bpm

This is the first thing I've created, not just on guitar, in a long time lol
vocaroo.com/1kzd4NrLOD9l
That riff in the beginning and end of the second clip is pretty

Because you build up "clean" and "good" muscle memory. I mean, if you search for it online you'll get 1000 explanations which all tell you the same basic gist.

Also practice with a metronome. It's not a joke (or meme as you'd call it). It's dead serious. If you don't practice with a metronome now, get ready to hate yourself as soon as you need to actually stay in time (when recording yourself, playing along to a backing track or playing with other people). Then you'll need to waste another hundred or so hours to learn how to stay in time.

Don't think I'm a pretty good guitarist but then again I'm actually a bassist

>Don't Follow - AiC
voca.ro/19UxwbBpd3HQ
>Guarantted - Eddie Vedder
voca.ro/1h3HsBtkf7Ej
>Winter Lady - Cohen
voca.ro/17TBHRgiAdPQ
>When the Medicine wears off - Karnivool (all on six string bass)
voca.ro/11q5q7LTxU5s

Attached: screaming pepe.jpg (810x362, 86.53K)

>pick up guitar and fiddle with some shit i like the sound of
>see a video of some little kid or dumb bitch playing a lead break
>fuck this shit
>stop playing for 2 weeks

>letting asians intimidate you
ngmi

How do you actually get okay at guitar? I've had one for 6 years but I haven't really improved since week 2.

Attached: apu guitar.jpg (750x1000, 69.55K)

>the strumming pattern is 125bpm and the Percussion is 125 bpm so tehcnically i'd call it 250 bpm
that's not how bpm work dude. They don't add up. It's all just 125bpm since the percussion section belongs to the rhythm. It's all one thing which is at 125bpm. if it were twice as quickly then it would be 250 bpm and so on, but then the beat would also double in tempo.

This is actual 250 guitar playing: youtu.be/BynUZOJc8QI?t=310

I think what works best is if you:
A) Put aside at least an hour a day
B) You spend part of that on "serious" practice, following a course online or learning with a guitar teacher
C) You spend another part on working on riffs and songs you are interested in, even if they are above your skill level
As in free online courses, the standard answer (genuinely, not shilling) tends to be justinguitar.com, which has a beginner course that teaches the most fundamental concepts, as well as suggesting practice schedules and offering lessons on songs that can be learned at each stage of the course. I vouch for it myself, as I learned with it when I started out.

have a song that you absolutely love and MUST learn to play but which isn't necessarily Van Halen or a Dimebag Darrell solo and then brute-force it with youtube tutorials/online tab sheets until you can play the first 30 seconds and by the the next 30 seconds will be less hard and so on until you suddenly know the song.

Rinse and repeat.

or get a teacher and let some cuck force his "techniques" upon you from the very start and spoil most of the fun by having you learn stupid shit like scales and modes (which you won't ever need unless you plan to actually study music or make a career out of it)

Thanks bros.
>have a song that you absolutely love and MUST learn to play
I'm kinda doing that already but I don't feel like I improve by doing that. I know how to play *that* song but my overall skill still sucks.
How do you improvise/write songs on a guitar? Do I have to study theory for that?

>How do you improvise/write songs on a guitar?
You know how you can suddenly make up a melody in your head and humm it or whistle it? It's the same but on a guitar instead. After years of practise you get the same muscle memory for the fretboard that allows you to touch your nose with your eyes closed and it becomes second nature to move around on it. Knowing theory and practising scales helps a lot and will make the whole process a hell of a lot quicker

you can check out some Blues riffs.

Ironically I teach guitar myself, for me its the fun in figuring things out, trying techniques etc... until i can play them.

What i noticed is, once i played certain songs i noticed how some chords(especially barre chords) really sound nice. Then i just experimented around with the same chord just moving it up or down the Fretboard and figure what sounds nice. Then you can add these chucks inbetween, like you play the chord, lift your chordfingers in a way that they still touch the strings but only so they are muted.

>How do you improvise/write songs on a guitar? Do I have to study theory for that?
In my opinion, you should get a program such as Tuxguitar or Guitarpro and just start writing stuff. Just for yourself with no regard for whether it might be "good" in an objective sense or whether someone else might like it. I'm going a bit by experience here, because that's what I did when I started learning guitar, and although a lot of wrote "sucked" I had fun doing it and I even randomly came up with ideas I never would have later on.
Ideally, on the side you would also learn some theory and also do ear training, or better yet, attempt to learn songs by ear, but in addition to just learning to play guitar this might all seem like a lot.
I think a good way of going about would be to focus on learning to play currently (learning chords and easy songs), but also take the things you learn there and use those to try and make simple songs of your own. If you're willing to let yourself stray away a bit from what you learn during lessons (irl or on youtube) you will come up with pretty interesting ideas I bet.

So by playing several songs, you automatically get to know the chords better and sometimes you can just play these chords and come up with something new.