How true is it that getting a good job makes the girls come even if you were a loser in hs/college...

How true is it that getting a good job makes the girls come even if you were a loser in hs/college? Any fagman programmers have experience with this?

Attached: 16.jpg (1765x1200, 248.19K)

nah, I have a good job in academia and girls just don't give a fuck

Hmm I should've been more specific, I more mean high paying/status jobs like fagman devs, investment bankers etc.

Attached: 1607468506581.jpg (1024x905, 151.49K)

Girls have told me that they find my job romantic. I'm a professional chef at a seafood restaurant on the bay.

That's what I tell them, anyway. I'm really a line cook at a roach-infested tourist trap. But they eat it up.

oh if you're a millionaire and have a millionaire lifestyle I'm sure many gils will flock to you

They don't. Onlyfans is popular and profitable because there are a great deal of men out there who make lots of money but remain lonely regardless.

Not FAGMAN, but work for major tech corporation, about $250k. 4 years of experience, 26yo.
No one really gives a shit. A lot of my peers are single and making as much as I do. My gf and I started dating before I had money, so that wasn't it. Her "type" is just tall lanky dorky guys. Not sure why.
I won't lie and say that my money doesn't provide a powerful incentive to work through issues rather than separate. Of course, it would be nearly impossible for someone as autistic as me to find another gf.

Smart, girls are all about their emotions? How do you afford to live in the bay area with a linecook salary?

Women are biologically programmed to secure their offspring a safe enviroment.
Literally everything you saw in the movies wad bullshit, women love you under certain conditions, but they never love ( You)

A job is just one piece of the puzzle, but it can be an important piece if you have a great job. Ofc if you're a mega autist you're doomed regardless. I think for my specific situation it could push me over the edge desu, which is why I have such high interest in it.
Interesting and I definitely agree. Money isn't a cure all, but it can definitely turn a 4/10 guy into a 6/10. What languages do you use at your job btw? I'm learning Python atm and hoping to land a job like yours some day. Everyone is telling me I'll have to learn more than Python though.

Attached: feels17.png (1731x1140, 1.2M)

I write python and c++. Especially really knowing the latter - "Modern C++" instead of "C with classes" - is a very valuable skill for systems programming. It's become something of a dark art because students don't go into it.
There are lots of webshits who are highly replaceable. Would not recommend. Also, you get stuffed into the "web dev"/React/whatever framework of the month pigeonhole and it's nearly impossible to break out.
Python is an annoying language but profoundly useful. My company writes a lot of python for glue, testing, and areas where performance is unimportant.

Makes sense, I'm actually explicitly avoiding web dev since it's oversatured imo, partially because every midwit thinks it's an easy way to get rich. Was actually planning on learning C++ as the second language. Is systems programming more to do with backend stuff? I don't mind doing 'less sexy' programming work if they pay is better due to more favorable programmer supply (dark arts you mentioned). Girls see all programming jobs as the same so might as well give myself a career edge.

Attached: feels1.jpg (724x724, 74.13K)

I am a FAGMAN programmer. Not entry level. I don't think it's that high status and women truly don't care at all. I make very good money but I work a lot. I don't think your job is going to get you women.

Yeah it's not high status in and of itself, but it pays well enough to make it high status imo. Meanwhile being a lawyer is high status in and of itself but pays way less than fagman if you don't do big law. Both (status/pay) can get you girls if you play your cards right. No offence, but you probably aren't putting yourself out there much, or you job is the only thing you have going for you. How many hours per week do you work btw? What languages do you use at work?

Attached: feels18.png (444x414, 175.63K)

Yes, back-end. If you enjoy the problem solving aspect of programming it's more rewarding as well-- front end is basically playing react component Legos and doing things the "right way".

By Modern C++ do you mean like C++17/20?

What's wrong with the "month pigeonhole"? Constantly having to jump and learn new frameworks?

The only kinds of girls you might attract would be gold digging whores.

I have a girlfriend but it's not because of my job and there's certainly not girls salivating over me.

>how many hours per week do you work
Nothing crazy, maybe 60? I'm lazy by nature though so for me it seems like a lot.

>What languages do you use at work?
Mostly Java and Typescript(for cdk). I do some python for like prodops scripts and occasionally will do react stuff for POCs or when I get pushed into something full stack.

Yes, instead of building a depth of understanding you end up with a breadth of experience with tools people eventually stop using. You don't accumulate useful knowledge, instead you just struggle to keep up.
The slower-changing and more complex a domain is, the better.

Nah really it's a bunch of factors. I had a good job once but it did fuckall for me with attracting women. Now that I have a shut job I get more attention from women (not because of the job) but it doesn't matter anyway because nobody bangs me for whatever reason

Makes sense, I've been thinking about what to learn after Python. I had a slight preference for C++ and back end stuff, but you've convinced me that's clearly the better path. How does the future of the Python/modern C++ duo look? I know Python is still on an upward trajectory, but my impression is that C++ is slowly being phased out too. Do you think C++ will still be viable for many back end jobs in 20 years?

Attached: 18.png (600x600, 161.17K)

Yes, because it's still being written. Rust and Go are replacing it as the default applications programming language, those are the next best to learn.

When do you think the 'flippening' will happen so to speak? I really like the idea of learning a language really deeply and having it be viable for a long time. Could I realistically have a good job for 20 years without learning Rust or Go? I fear what might happen in 20 years since I'd have lower neuroplasticity and less incentive to grind since hopefully I would have already made it.