I really dont wanna go to work tonight

Should I call in? Ive been up for like 20 hours and I just wanna stay in bed and be comfy and sleep tonight, not work till 6am. Plus im still recovering from drinking a 24 case yesterday.

Ive never called in at this job yet. Been here 3 months

Attached: junk.jpg (2651x2963, 1.07M)

What's the job? definitely you should skip it, fuck them, but the only question is if you should even call or not

I used to call these "survival shifts" because I just needed to survive them so I could get some rest.

call out and use your sick leave.... i love my paid lazy days off...

Its stocking shelves at home depot. I fucking hate it and am strongly considering quitting even without another job lined up.

I have a lot of anxiety about calling in sick but I think I will. I just wanna rest in bed and be comfy right now. If I go to work I wont be getting home till about 12 hours from now.

Whatever your job is, it doesn't matter. You don't want to go? Don't go. What are you, chattel? You don't even have to justify shit. Tell 'em you were ill. You don't belong to anybody, regardless of what they'd have you believe. You deserve your own time user, don't feel bad about taking it.

I know what you mean. I used to go into my last job so tired and so hungover semi frequently. I would tell myself the pain of going will only make my eventual sleep that much better

This, but also
If you're thinking of quitting anyway, it's really time to stop caring. This is a beautiful state of employment, where you are showing up just to fuck around and collect money until they finally decide to fire you. Take sick days, show up late, whatever you feel like. Fuck em. So long as you don't steal from them or some shit and DO NOT SIGN THE FORM ACKNOWLEDGING WHY THEY FIRED YOU you will probably be able to get unemployment bux too.

Calling off sick for mental health reasons is 100% valid.

Youre right. As it is I do the bare minimum - if even that - every night. Ive been kinda hoping they start writing me up and conspiring to get rid of me because that will rest better on my conscious than quitting.

i hate how we're expected to call in to jobs like we're in fucking pre-school or some shit. You'll know I'm not coming in when I don't show up, bitch I don't work for you, you don't pay my bills, put food in my mouth, give me warmth on a cold night. Motherfucker I'm a natural human being fuck calling in to work I do what I want.

My old employer made it an extremely uncomfortable thing to call in. He would act sarcastic on the phone and softly accuse you of lying about your reason.

I called in bros thanks for convincing me. The store manager interrogated me somewhat and I froze up not knowing how to answer. It was quite the autistic exchange but at least Ill be comfy tonighy

Attached: 5119084_rare-pepe-cool-pepe-png-transparent-png.jpg (880x830, 89.42K)

I called in sick for the first time in the 4 months i've been at my current job, never rejected overtime hours and always come in when they're short staffed.
i still get shit for having one sick day bros

Hell yeah brother. Doesn't matter if it was awkward. What matters is that tonight is all yours! I'm proud of you user. Always remember that you are worth more than anyone else thinks.

Don't even let your employers brain wash you into not using your sick hours. You earn those hours and its in THEIR best interest that you never use that time. Why? Sick hours are rarely paid out when you quit. Given a job with high turn over (any minimum wage job really), not using sick hours is basically saying "thats ok, you can keep the $x I've earned" where x is your hourly rate * sick hours.
USE YOUR SICK HOURS

I work part time so im not sure if I get sick hours. Pretty sure not. But good advice user

Part timers usually get unpaid time off. It sucks, but I'm sure they legally have to grant you time off for a few days at most before requiring proof. Use this wisely and to your advantage.
For example, don't call in sick like 2 hours before your shift starts on Super Bowl Sunday.
Do ask for a sick day a week before you want off. Just make sure to say "I gotta go see my doctor" or some shit.
If you absolutely need immediate time off, just use the COVID excuse.

but what about angry coworkers coming over to your house

Attached: 1642609038341.png (300x300, 74.88K)

hello? nerds at your door? gun em down!

That sounds like a scenario made up by a paranoid schizo mind rather than a justified concern