Longevity or Gains?

The world's leading expert on decelerating and reversing aging, Dr. David Sinclair says to eat a primarily plant-based diet with limited meat and fish.

Attached: fea-sinclair-1.jpg (900x600, 56.83K)

>The world's leading expert
According to?
>plant-based diet with limited meat and fish.
So basically everyone’s normal diet? I used to take metformin cause it was supposed to be good for longevity but I quit cause it tanks t, makes me weaker and also lower energy. My skin did get much better though.

He prioritizes le longevity over performance. That was his argument when he says he takes metformin even though it reduces athletic performance. Also while he probably shares a lot of truth, he is a Jew and connected to world elites who want the best anti-aging techniques for themselves and everyone else to eat bugs, so I would think critically when watching him.

Attached: lord-sinclair-1461895-normal.jpg (355x500, 37.68K)

Wtf is that image.
“Here take this novelty-size beaker filled with Gatorade and dump it on the floor while smirking at the camera like a comic book villain.”

In general in biology there is a growth-longevity trade off. If you are purely trying to maximize longevity, you are going to be very suboptimal in many other metrics. So you need to consider for yourself what is your own tolerance for these trade offs. I would say for many they would prefer to live to be 80 with constantly good activity and function their whole life, than to live to be 100 but have moderate activity only until 40 and be extremely frail past 65. Building muscle, improving performance, or many other positive activities for function, include some sort of growth mechanism in the body which causes accelerated aging in some aspects, of course it can potentially fend off some other causes of death by making the body more durable (the human system is largely anti-fragile especially in our younger age), so this should also be considered if trying to maximize longevity. However there will always be a point where improved performance is detrimental to longevity.

When we consider researchers working with the sole purpose to understand how to improve longevity, and which are maximizing for that, it shouldn’t be surprising to see them promote diets that are minimalistic, contain few calories, are nutrient dense, and won’t give you much energy (likely they will also include some fasting). However I feel to the average fitness hobbyist this is very counterintuitive to their goals, as people involved in fitness are not longevity maximizes but are often much more focused on improving the quality of life.

You don't need meat for gains at all. There are plenty of pro athletes and olympians who are completely vegan. Disregard the carnivore cope.

Eating a vegan diet that is suitable for pro athletes and olympians will negate the general longevity benefits that are associated with other types of vegan diets. The “vegan diet” that is promoted for maximizing longevity is not
just being a vegan, but it is a much more restrictive and includes many other eating behavior modifications. So it’s misleading to convince people to believe that there is an escape from the growth-longevity trade off solely through veganism, and not by including all the additional restrictions and eating behavior modifications.

I'm sure "Dr". (((Sinclair))) has lots of hard facts and crazy "new" ideas that end up aligning with globohomo.

Basically it's a sham diet for suckers, virtur signallers, and sadists.

I read his book, he's the worlds leading expert in grifting maybe. When he actually gets some significant human trials you can make this thread again, until then he literally writes like a snake oil salesman and there are many people in the field that criticize and outright disprove some of the shit he spews.

More so a lot of it is heavily pushed because of a subsegment if vocally loud peoples moral views. In general I find people put way too much weight into the “food selection” aspect of dieting, not to say it’s not important, but that often times when a diet is adopted because of some restrictions created it causes most people to adopt different eating behaviors as well, and these behaviors may actually be the prime mover the is improving their goals, much more so than the food selection. For example if you took a vegan athletes diet, and the typical “clean” athletes diet (chicken/fish, rice, vegetables) you would likely see no difference in outcomes (both general health, longevity, and performance). However if you are comparing a typical moderately active omnivore to a typical moderately active vegan we would see much greater differences in outcomes.

People are too quick to cling onto their meme diets because they don’t want to develop a proper understanding of nutrition, and it’s easier to put simplistic constraints that for 90% of people will also cause eating behavior changes, this can be undesirable though as it likely diminishes your enjoyment of food. Most people want to find a balance between performance, longevity, and enjoying food, and this balance can easily be found by actually learning about nutrition instead of following a meme diet that may maximize one at the expense of the other two.

Pro athletes have the type of genetics that they could eat grass and still be elite. Even then many of them are forced to give up veganism for performance reasons

>the worlds leading expert in grifting maybe.
he is in a bit of hot water because resveratrol is turning out to be a sham

Attached: French Sudan.jpg (640x752, 76.94K)

Doing exactly this is what made America crimminally obese. Pic relates was the "healthy" diet when i was a kid.

Attached: food-pyramid,1153539.jpg (982x1000, 234.93K)

>. There are plenty of pro athletes and olympians who are completely vegan

Ill take steroids for 100 trebek.

Lool if you want to be vegan and be muscular loke a pro athelete or one kf them vegan youtub fags you will need to be mirin.

Gains are superior
>be gigachad
>impregnate 10 women
>spread your genes and die at 60 from roiding heart damage

or
>be life maxxer
>be DYEL
>maybe have 1 child
>die at 100

Chad wins againa

Checked
>primarily plant based
>limited meat and fish
Ok so the american diet got it. Americans live the longest as we know. Diet consists of mostly wheat, corn, soi, potatoes and vegetable oils. Meats and cheeses are limited, and fish you can forget about. Very plant based.

nobody follows this shit, there are also recommended amounts of exercise a week but people would rather not move and eat garbage
the core idea of the pyramid of eating complex carbs for most of your calories, fruits and vegetables with some meat, eggs and dairy is also very much correct

Get built.
Breed bitches.

KEK THATS HIS ACTUAL SECRET