Muay Thai

Why doesn’t fit do Muay Thai? It’s hands down the best martial art.

Attached: 17E77F46-A552-405C-A505-3202AF693B8A.gif (396x392, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

adcombat.com/adcc-rules-regulations/adcc-rules-for-beginners-intermediate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What retard fights with their hands down?

I used to piss blood from that

I started about 3 months ago and it's tough as hell but I like it.
It's very humbling as I feel like a weak piece of shit compared to most people I train with.

Good shit. I’m working on shin and knuckle conditioning atm. Hurts like a bitch.

Attached: 3F3F4A9E-9468-4473-8278-A0E86BDE779C.jpg (722x1200, 188.75K)

how do you condition your shins and knuckles? is it just with a no-guard, punching bag?

Because I fucking hated Adon in Street Fighter IV

Niggas with good head movement that like to set up counters

my knuckles are fine from punching the bag for 3 months but my shins and legs in general feel so fragile.
How do I work on that beside just taking kicks all the time?

I do muay thai but BJJ is deeper than it. Also one of my coaches kicked me in the head a couple times on Saturday and my nose still hurty :(

Attached: 1648876206914.png (1024x768, 280.36K)

>I do muay thai but BJJ is deeper than it.
That's because BJJ uses an artificial ruleset to make everything more technical, mostly caused by the classic wrestling slam being illegal
>triangle choke
slam
>armbar
slam
>anything you are doing from closed guard
slam
BJJ isn't real outside of BJJ class and you should stop thinking it is

Why the fuck would you use BJJ outside of class/competition?

>try a muay thai class
>it's just an mma gym
Should I just ignore my autism and join the ranks of mma or just go to Thailand

MMA is cool. It's like muay thai except less dangerous because there's grappling

You know a triangle choke and armbar are very common submissions in MMA where the slam is legal?

Attached: 1521785442722.webm (640x360, 1.04M)

not only that, but they're common at ADCC, a no gi bjj competition, where slamming is legal

I did about a month in BJJ (at purple belt) where I asked kept asking myself "what if I believed BJJ is fake and just stood up here?" It almost never worked. A notable exception was one time someone took my back and I rocked forward, got to my feet, and the guy sort of jumped off me surprised. That one was funny. Otherwise, no, they'll grab your waist and heave you back down, trip you, get a submission, etc. Some people just can't be convinced - I was though.

>just triangle/armbar in MMA
I literally hold guys upside-down in the air during BJJ when they triangle me to make the point of how foolish it is to triangle someone who can lift you

Attached: quinton-rampage-jackson-slams-ko-ricardo-arona-o.gif (240x180, 879.73K)

>*grabs your leg and changes the angle*

Nothin personell

I do it In a couple ways. For knuckles I do drills on the heavy bag while wearing MMA gloves which have a lot less padding. I Also occasionally use a makeshift makiwara. For shins the best thing I have found is just lay into the bag over and over, this paired with frequent sparring helped me a lot. Rest and recovery is also vital to bone conditioning. Be sure to ice and rest in between sessions if conditioning. Also calcium Supplements can help if you don’t get enough through diet. Remember this isn’t an overnight process so take it slow and steady so you don’t snap your shit.

Attached: 3B72DE07-95B3-4F47-86CE-F5CCEF9709E0.jpg (744x1200, 191.96K)

>ADCC, a no gi bjj competition, where slamming is legal
Why is Any Forums filled with liars?

adcombat.com/adcc-rules-regulations/adcc-rules-for-beginners-intermediate/

PROFESSIONALS
Slamming is allowed only if you are locked in a submission. (If your opponent lets go of the submission while you are about to slam you must let go of the slam)

INTERMEDIATE
Slamming is not allowed!

BEGINNERS
Slamming is not allowed!