Can lifting cure scoliosis and thus make you taller?

My gf is slightly taller than myself and I think it'd be ideal if we were of the same height. Can lifting weights help get rid of scoliosis?

Attached: adolescent-thoracic-scoliosis.png (1200x675, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/00kdJfdL418
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bamp

prlly not, just get diff shoes and still lift

I don’t know about cure but lifting helped with scoliosis induced back pain and other ailments. My shit hurts if I don’t lift. Beware of faggots who tell you not to lift because of your scoliosis.

This. Just lift weight

Word muscle strength is huge to reducing structural pains

This

My gf has scoliosis and working out makes her back pain so much better

Cure? Not but helping for sure. Correct technique and intelligent routine is very important.
With additional exercises, stretches and decompression, you will definitely straighten your back and gain 1-3 inches of height (depends on the severity).

Even deadlift ? ( genuine question )
What's your back routine ?

No, Lamar Gant is a famous powerlifter with scoliosis, muscle never fixed it in fact when he was lifting his whole body compressed. He is an anomaly because the whole pressure could have snapped him

The only solution is surgery applying titanium rods to realign it

Attached: e3a324c5281cd7a7f2991a116e389ebd.png (346x271, 92.32K)

Look up the schroth method. You can fix a lot of your spinal problems through breathing and stretching/holds

Cure? No. Help? Yes.

Strengthening your back will not fix misalignment that's genetic but it will make the misalignment less important if you're strong enough to deal with the problems.

Katarina schroth fiund a way to improve scoliosis drastically before 1920 through breathwork and stretching. There is no money in it and it takes a lot of dedication so the method isn't widely practiced

youtu.be/00kdJfdL418

I've been told that vertical loading should be avoided at all times so no DL+SQUAT

It's not lifting that got you well, it's exercise in general. Every doctor you consult will tell you to workout as soon as the initial damage has passed away. Most suggest pilates and weights.

depends on how severe your tilt is, you can DL+SQUAT, but not too heavy82gyj

Deadlifts helped the most.

That’s ridiculous. You want a stronger back to prevent issues down the line. Fuck what dyeldoctors say. Get stronger.

No. It’s lifting.

If you want to "cure" or actually make your scoliosis not a big deal, then you need to work on certain muscles to help improve your posture. Scoliosis happen beause some musles are weaker on one side and stronger on the other.

Working out hovewer will help you prevent further scoliosis development

Afaik you can't fix scoliosis, ever. Any kind of "cure" is only to prevent it getting it worse
you've been told by fucking who? Sounds like bollocks to me
>Fuck what dyeldoctors say.
every single doc I visited had always told me I did a good job building some muscle there

Rows and deadlifting can reduce it if it's bad and you are cleared to do by a doctor. If it's very slight then yes.