Be J.E.T program

> Be J.E.T program
> A program which allows non-Japanese speakers to move to Japan to teach English
(can be rural or city)
> 3yr contract with ability to renew
> housing provided (small apartment)
> pay provided ($30,000 - $40,000)

Requirements: must have a bachelor's degree (can be any subject)

Would you try it, Anons?

Attached: jet-logo.jpg (3378x2201, 606.61K)

You know how brutally long the work week is in Japan? Remember, never ever do overtime if you're a salaried worker and not hourly.

you just work in the schools its not an office job

My grammar is terrible tho because I dropped out of grade school. I went to college and took mostly remedial math and went on to get my CompSci degree (we never had to write anything). My English is shit.

being white doesn't mean you get to fuck nipponese women in 2022 retard, enjoy being a dancing monkey for shit pay
>t. lived in japan for a year

Jap zoomers would BULLY me so hard.

Language in general is pretty interesting for me. I heard about this program from my professor, but I wasn't confident enough in my own skills to go for it. I did well in the classes, but I feel that to be functional in day-to-day life, there's still a long way to go.
Pretty sure I'd have to study another year of Japanese at least, and I've already graduated, so it is what it is.

>enjoy being a dancing monkey for shit pay

All of us here already are

As is mine I'm afraid.

3 years? Shit, I thought you could take it one year at a time. 3 years is too long to be stuck working for a Japanese employer while being located in japan, away from everything you ever knew

Attached: 1633126219081.jpg (480x480, 11.13K)

My friend went through the application process. It's highly competitive, and they look for way more than a simple degree in the screening

I plan on doing it after I get my bachelors, you don't even need to know japanese (of course you'll need to learn it if you want to live comfortably but japanese is not a requirement to get accepted)
Beyond just muh weebism, it sounds super fun. Plus your job will be as an english teacher assistant, so you wont have to really go through the pain of the standard Japanese office worker

The work culture thing is mainly for natives. Its easier for white foreigners, and when you factor in the women and having much less undesirables around, it's worth it. You can laugh as West burns.

>My friend went through the application process. It's highly competitive, and they look for way more than a simple degree in the screening
Why on earth would it be compettive? You work for shit pay and get placed in some shit hick town far away from Tokyo.
You don't have any money to actually enjoy the place.
After you get out, you are still a lib degree tard with shit experience, no ability to move up the career ladder.
Whoever wants to do this JET thing is basically lib degree retards who has a choice between being a starbucks slave or this.
BTW I am a science major who went to a highly salaried career. You lib majors with your social studies degrees is hilarious to us

dude, dont they hire people that barely speak japanese? youre supposed to teach english, not japanese lit, to kids.

I'd do it if I knew how to speak Japanese as well.

I worked at Interac for 2 years in a main city teaching elementary school children. Was a great time, would highly recommend if it interests you. JET is pretty hard to get into.
I would teach anywhere between 2-6 periods/day. The full days were hard, standing and projecting your voice all day, but usually I had a lot of free periods throughout the week and would often finish early and go home. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes quite easy to plan lessons on the fly. It's a fun job.
I had my own apartment, could afford to get drunk every week and save money.

It's competitive because it's Japan. Attractive women, anime shit, clean, few violent minorities, good and healthy food, and not going through a political shitstorm like the West.

It's not perfect, but it beats any western country by a country mile.

You are still going back home to your starbucks job, lib degree friend. You can only run away from reality for so long

If you're not ugly, it's pretty easy to get laid. Lots of Gaijin hunters.
Japanese kids are generally well behaved.
There are many other companies you can work at which don't lock you in.
You're gonna love it, user.
There are lots of placements in main cities including Tokyo.
Apartments are pretty cheap in Japan, as is eating out, transportation.
A couple years abroad doesn't look that bad on a CV. I studied Comp Sci, enjoyed a couple years abroad and now making good money in my home country again. Yeah. Many schools will forbid you from speaking any Japanese at all and most places don't expect any Japanese knowledge.

maybe if i spoke some japanese but cant be bothered to learn any. also i hear the selection is really tough. plus, i dont have a bachelors and fuck school when i was finally out of HS i did not want to fucking go back

False. None of your reply would have disproved my point anyway. You asked why it was competitive, and I answered it.

This is what I was saying. If you're a white foreigner, the bad work culture thing doesn't really affect you.

But you make shit wages still. You work normal people hours for shit wages.

this is most people in most places. i too work normal people hours for shit wages, but in the US. just visiting the thread tho, im not a weeb and wouldnt go into JET