Why did the world change so much since 2016?

>SJWism went from a fringe thing on tumblr, to being the dominant social ideology of the entire western world
>cancel culture became a massive thing
>edgy humour went from being in vogue, to being completely condemned and practically socially unviable without threat of cancellation
>internet went from being mostly free to heavily censored
>the world went from being a calm place to being total chaos with new global crises happening every few months
>transgenderism went from a tiny mostly mocked minority to being ridiculously prevalent and supported by 100% of mainstream media
>BLM went from a mostly fringe movement, to being dominant and selling "white privilege" books to the majority of white people who uncritically embrace this ideology

Just what the hell happened since 2016? It's seriously undeniable at this point, we've seen more cultural change in the past 6 years than we did in the previous 30 before that. It's mind-boggling.

I look back at media from 2010-2015 and even though it was barely any length of time ago, it seems like a completely different world. It feels like I'm watching stuff from decades ago, not just 7-12 years ago.

The worst part is that if I express these opinions to anyone, they call me an "insane conspiracy theorist bigot" and act like I've said the worst things ever. I literally just want to live in the normal, comfy, small-l liberal world that we lived in 2010-2015. Is that really such a bad thing to want?

Attached: 2016.jpg (845x490, 91.03K)

Like pic related NEVER would have been published by the BBC or any comparable mainstream news outlet prior to about 2016 or 2015. The few places that did run pieces like this were relentlessly mocked. But now, in 2022? This is standard fare and you can be publicly ostracised for criticising it.

What changed? And why did it change so damn quickly?

Attached: 1643671297285.jpg (640x751, 54.26K)

Is there truly no hope to stop any of this? Can we not go back to the way things were before?

None of these things are new, it's all just your shitty narrow minded perspective. Probably first time in your life you paid a lot of attention to politics and what the latest news article people are blasting on twitter is

>the world went from being a calm place to being total chaos with new global crises happening every few months
you could have existed in the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's and said the same fucking thing

All of these trends have gone on for decades or longer and nothing has fundamentally changed.

>you could have existed in the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's and said the same fucking thing

1991 was actually the peak of both violent crime and cancer deaths in the US. Not to mention serial killers peaking in the 80s and maybe 90s.

>2016
Nigger it was 2014 that actually changed everything. 2016 was a fun year.

2014-2016 themselves were still comfy years. Everything from 1st January 2017 onwards has been totally insufferable and getting dramatically worse every year, though.

This but 2012

No, 2012-2016 were all still great years.
I'd say 2013/14 were the best years of my life.

>I'd say 2013/14 were the best years of my life.
This but 2001-2007

it was the end of 2012 for me, as if the world had truly ended back then

2008 was the point of no return.

No, 2008-2016 were still great, comfy years.

I mean yeah 2009 - 2016 was basically the 60s for millennials. The world was based as fuck and the only people not having fun were jaded faggots. Even virgin robots on Any Forums were meeting up and hanging out. If you had money around this time you'd be even better off. Moreso if you had hobbies to fulfill on top of that. More still if you wanted to backpack.

World was open and free and amazing and you were free to explore whatever you wanted with zero exposure to faggotry.

Attached: 1426396171608.jpg (1945x1458, 338.79K)

>2016 is a zoomer's 2007
Interesting

that's just wrong. zoomers were not cognizant in 2016. 2016 is the last year millennials were the relevant ones.

Oh my god this is so depressing

Small l-liberal here too. I entirely agree. Everything is so much worse.

I'm 25 so not sure if I count as a zoomer.

1996 when I was born was either the last millennial year or the first zoomer one. Either way, I feel absolutely no relation whatsoever to Gen Z or any of their culture (tiktok, wokeism, tranny shit, cancel culture). It's just nothing to do with me.

The world I fell in love with, the world I grew up in, was fundamentally a pre-zoomer one. It all ended in 2016 - the year my world ended.

Attached: chvrches the bones of what you believe.jpg (640x640, 130.27K)

Social conditioning. Except it started way earlier. Look up the occupy wall street protests and progressive stack. Long story short, elites shit themselves at the thought of sheeple waking up and decided to use divide and conquer tactics on the leftists. The already mainstream left then morphed into highly militant, anti-freedom libshitism we see today.

that's just you user. I'm 26 and way more connected to zoomer culture

Then there's this graph.

Attached: wallstsjw.jpg (1568x2146, 998.93K)

>reddit spacing
>opinion disregarded
Why do you even bother typing that out?