There is no punishment for misleading food labels

>"%100 pomegranate juice" found to contain fillers, sweeteners and colorants
>FDA just asks them to change it or take the product down
>No fine, no charges, no nothing
>this is their approach for every company that they suspect

How the fuck can you trust what you eat nowdays when there's no fucking consequences for companies who mislabel food on purpose?
This is a massive health concern, why does no one do anything?

fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/fda-foods-must-contain-what-label-says

Attached: Screenshot_20220622-142204_Chrome.jpg (1080x1184, 261.23K)

You're so close.

dude they found ppm of plastic in the human bloodstream, there is no healthy and clean food

this is dystopia now

You've started down a path which only leads to one destination.

what do you think ppm means?

bbw upside down (:

Fucking hate this shit. And obviously FDA doesn't do shit since they are bought by food and drug industries

what are these guys talking about?

>imports of pomegranate juice concentrates
>Iran and Turkey
You're overreacting

Attached: sherlock pepe.jpg (882x731, 123.61K)

Big Pomegranate kikes ITT

The point was that there are no fines or charges for purposefully misleading people on your label as long as everything In It is FDA approved

So your favorite olive oil brand could have been diluted with canola oil and If that company was ever caught with that they would suffer no fines or charged, only be told to correct the issue or take the product off the shelves

This raises the question, just how many brands are doing similar things knowing that not much happens if they're found out?

>Most firms contacted by FDA about a labeling violation voluntarily comply
>Those that do not can be subject to additional legal action to remove the misbranded products from commerce. Under such circumstances, these products cannot return to the market until the manufacturers take action to correct the violations.
Lot of money wasted on recalls. Lot of money lost on wasted product.
>the burden is on the importer to show that the product labeling is accurate
For imported foods it's the US company that takes liability. It's their money, they're incentivized to ensure the quality of imported goods is in line with US standards, regulations, and other laws.

Attached: federal pepe.jpg (991x672, 255.12K)

>honey exported from India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Turkey and Vietnam due to findings that certain honey products from these countries had been adulterated through the partial substitution of cane or corn sweeteners.
This is why you buy local honey or raw honey made in the US. You can't always trust these other 3rd world countries, especially the kiwis. Lots of good local honey from my local grocery store. There's also a farmer's market nearby with a beekeeper. He's cool, I like him. Anyway why would you buy imported honey anyway? Local honey gives you protection against local allergens.

Attached: honey.jpg (1176x727, 106.94K)

>its another thank god I don't live in the USA thread

Your country is probably the one that adulterated the products in the first place.

Attached: zoomer pepe 2.jpg (340x528, 60.16K)

You don't have to buy anything from big companies. You don't need anything that can be faked. Buy local and eat simple food. In the ideal world this wouldn't happen but also in the ideal world you wouldn't be wasting time and resources shipping pomegranates from whogivesafuckistan.

>added sweeteners from imports bad
>added sweeteners from locals good

Just admit you're accepting whatever garbage you eat if you didn't make it yourself.

The problem isn't shipping pomegranates. It's shipping pomegranate juice concentrate. Easier to put one liquid into another than to fake whole fruits. They're from Turkey and Iran, so Greek pomegranates are probably fine. I'm pretty sure they grow them in California too.

Attached: kiss pepe.jpg (960x960, 111.81K)

>Who runs these companies and these government departments?
Old, rich, white men.

>Can you be anymore specific in your description?
No. Dont be an antisemite.

Attached: 1654281298642.jpg (414x474, 50.13K)

>added sweeteners
>locals
Why would locals add sweeteners into their product?

Attached: zoomer pepe 1.jpg (1024x954, 63.39K)

Holy, most based of takes
The only things I prefer to buy that could be faked are: whey (which I could do without I guess, it’s just out of convenience) milk, pasta, non local cheeses and oat milk (it can be done at home but it needs those thickening agents to be how I like it)
All vegetables I buy directly from a farmer who’s a family friend and also sells me eggs, grains and such I buy in one of those small shops where everything is in containers and you fill your bags with whatever you want and buy by weight.
Don’t eat much meat or fish either. I buy some processed stuff but I could easily do without it, such as snacks, and shit.

This. Don't give your money to people that hate you. Local meat and produce is usually vastly more nutritious for around the same price as the trash from the store. Even if it's more expensive you're getting more value.

>local meat
Most meat is somewhat local unless you live remotely. All the beef in all of my grocers comes from local Texas cows.

Attached: aquafresh pepe.jpg (400x400, 35.95K)

I live in Alaska. Everything is imported in the grocery store.

>Tfw local farmers market, butcher, goat farm and orchard all within easy distance
Other than dairy I could get everything grown within 20 miles of where I live.

Learn to love the taste of seafood senpai.

all goyhoney except maybe the first