/fat/ - Bicurious Big Boy edition

Fat Loss General

>Who is /fat/ for?
For inquisitive men of size who are working towards a better physique through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication. This is not QTDDTOT, stick to questions on fat loss. Post height and weight when asking for advice.
Join our Fatty Contest: fattycontest.com/

>What do I do first?
1. Read physiqonomics.com/fat-loss/
2. Calculate your Body Fat Percentage: fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
3. Calculate your TDEE: sailrabbit.com/bmr/
Remember to use bodyfat% and use Katch-McArdle Formula with sedentary settings or your TDEE will be too high.
4. Plan your weight loss: losertown.org/eats/cal.php
5. Track your nutrition with MyFitnessPal (better for packaged food), Cronometer (better for generic food/macros) or LoseIt (great for both).

>Now what?
Count calories, all of them.
Eat about 500-1000 less calories than your TDEE.
Buy scales, be accurate.
Learn to cook. Try to stick to lean protein and green vegetables.
Eat a lot of protein. 1g per lb of goal lean body mass.
Doing cardio, even just walking, will improve your health. There is no such thing as a healthy fat heart, but you can offset the risks.
Lifting weights will keep and gain muscle mass and burn fat much quicker. No lifting results in the body burning away muscle AND fat.
Drink more water.
Read the Any Forums sticky: liamrosen.com/fitness.html

>DON'T
Eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calories.
Eat processed foods.
Drink your calories (alcohol, soda, starbucks).
Freak out over a weight loss stall. Plateaus can last up to three weeks.
"Reward" yourself. Cheat days cheat only yourself.
Be a retard.

>Other resources:
Loose skin, gyno & stretch marks: weight-loss-side-effects.netlify.app/
Reddit wiki: reddit.com/r/loseit/wiki/faq

Previous thread:

Attached: Twinkjak.jpg (163x250, 6.7K)

how do I stop being paranoid about keeping my weight?

I'm 60kg now and I literally can't find clothes that fit me properly, but every time I gain a few hundred grams I get paranoid that I'm slipping and start dieting again. I really don't want to ever be fat again.

Attached: 1359010167711.jpg (1920x1080, 457.19K)

I'm getting a bit worried. Was on a big deficit (around 2k per day) for weeks but ate at maintenance over the last weekend. I gained quite a bit of weight back but for whatever reason my fat became numb. Tighs, belly and everywhere I have a lot of fat still is feeling numb since sunday morning

What the fuck is this?

Did ok for today, gonna try to aim to be under 1500 calories from now on.

Attached: 96ED1F90-FD9D-42FA-87F3-D198EEE86CA3.jpg (1170x337, 83.67K)

That’s really weird

Holy shit anons the month long plateau is finally breaking I think.

what did we have for dinner lads? i just had a bunch of cod and a salad peepoHappy

Attached: photo_2022-06-21_20-41-32.jpg (1280x960, 171.46K)

I had some gluten free spaghetti Bolognese, it was nice.

>started lifting for first time in 10 years
>understandably I am fucking dead and sore
>3 days later
>still sore

What the fuck how am I supposed to lift again if my muscles are sore like a motherfucker

You lift anyways, fag.

Attached: 1650005277861.jpg (640x610, 40.73K)

Will this not just cause an injury from not allowing the muscle tears the time to heal?

>get enough protein
>get enough sleep
>load creatine
>take cold showers or use ice packs
You’ll be fine training 6 days a week as long as you get proper rest. Muscle sourness can last 48-72 hours on average but you can mitigate it by following the steps above

starting to get to the point where I like lifting more than I like losing weight
I still have like 65 lbs of fat to lose, but eating low carb at 1500 calories/day feels like it's holding back my progress in the gym

Your body was used to a certain level of comfort and strenght, and then you ask it to perform in a wildly different manner, of course the first few times are harder to recover from, you start from nothing.
You dont have to wait until 100% recovered and not feeling it anymore, unless you realy went hard, what you feel is mostly lactic acid build-up, and some light exercice will help relieve it.

>take cold showers or use ice packs
>cold
I thought hot tubs helped out to soothe muscles? so I want cold not hot? wtf

Hot = circulation
Cold = less inflamation

Alright. Honestly it's primarily my hamstrings/general leg area that's on fire. I did deadlifts and then some upper body lifting, my upper body is fine but mylower half is fucking dying.

I guess I'll just try toning down the lower body stuff till i'm sured to it

So am I not supposed to hit up a hot tub after a workout? I would soak for 10 mins in the heated water at the gym after lifting

>been doing cardio and diet for 5 months now
>losing steady weight, all is going well
>go out of town and do not do any cardio at all for over a week while on vacation
>still maintain diet though
>come back home
>assume I will be weighing more or just stayed the same weight since I have done 0 exercise what so ever
>4 lbs lost

...uh cardiofags?? have I been cheated this entire time? what the actual fuck.

Attached: 1641968770230.gif (350x288, 1.36M)

R8 what I ate today and offer advice
>Bagel with cream cheese
>chicken sandwhich (canned chicken, mayo, onion, pickles on sourdough bread)
>half can of chili
>cheddar cheese on crackers
>salad (lettuce, tomato, olives, feta cheese, onion, purple cabbage, olive oil, lemon juice)
>two cups of coffee in the morning
>full fat milk through the day
>pear, apple, and tangerine
I walked for close to 4 hours.

How many steps did you do regularly on vacation? Simply walking does a lot to burn weight if you're doing it a shitload, its why people try and get their 10k steps

Fat loss is 99% diet. I've lost 10lbs in 3 weeks with zero cardio, just 30-45 mins of weight lifting every day