Can you build big/strong legs with just biking?

If yes, any tips?

Attached: images (1).jpg (1180x818, 44.94K)

yes

On a real bike yeah because it'll keep you engaged. One of those will bore you and you'll throw a blanket over it.

Yes. Do it often and bike up hills, or if you are buying a stationary bike buy one where you can turn up the resistance

Can you recommend a bike hypotrophy workout?

strong sure, but big? google:

Olympic bike sprint legs
and
marathon bike legs

then put the ol brain to some use

Attached: 1601497892010.jpg (710x948, 564.32K)

No, I live in an area with alot of hills and I bike around 10 hours a week. I dont really have a plan im just active and alright legs came as a consequence. You probably will just have to make your own. Are you going to get and actual bike or a stationary?

I live in a cold climate so I would buy a stationary so I can use it in the winter.

Its one of the best training tools I’ve ever owned retard. Thousands of classes, progressive training programs that scale to your power output, great rides in every music style, plus the coaches are excellent. It’s the best way to do cardio I have ever found and I’m using mine daily for the last two years.

Road biking is kino but I log one, maybe two long rides a week on mine. It takes time to prep and load up and you want to do 50+ miles to make it a good ride. Pelo is awesome for regular daily training, doesn’t matter if it’s 6am, 100 degrees wtc.

They're really fucking boring to a lot of people. Not everyone has your brand of autism mate.

Attached: fit anon rides a bike.png (1141x1120, 631.86K)

>6.3 million active users
>more than half a million joining every quarter
>insane member retention and usage rates
For people who can afford it (aka not you) it’s a fantastic option

I live in a small apartment but the day I move I'm down to get a stationary bike (I think my grandparents got one or two old school ones in their basement).

I bike to and from school and it's pretty alright. If you want to get bigger/stronger legs you gotta put yourself at a mechanical disadvantage. Like when the wind/hills get tough, last as long as possible in your highest gear before dropping to a lower one. Really feel the burn. Also do as much cycling as possible seated. I leave a little early and bike this way, it's slower but when I get to my destination my quads and glutes are burning hot, but my HR is low. If I used the gearing to my mechanical advantage. my legs feel totally fine but my HR is insane. I guess you pick one, anaerobic or aerobic.

biking machines are meme machines that barley burn any calories or do much. biking is only acceptable if it’s outdoors and as a form of transportation cause at least that way you get fresh air hitting you and sunlight. just be normal and walk/jog on treadmill

Stationary bike is super convenient. It's boring if you're not watching a movie or something while doing it. On a real bike it's hard to setup a progressive overload routine unless you do the exact same route and even then you're not increasing the resistance. On a stationary bike it's much easier to just increase the difficulty a small amount each time.

Yes, you do uphill sprints on a heavy mountain bike.

>barley burn any calories
Burning calories is the wrong reason to do cardio. It makes your heart stronger and improves overall fitness.

lmao this shit gets me every time

You'll definitely get a pump but the only way to get strength from cycling is to go up hills or just sprint insanely fast.

If you're like me and just like going on really long rides at a reasonably fast but not intense pace, you won't get jacked.

Think about the forces involved. Your legs aren't carrying your body weight and even if you ride standing up, your body weight just pushes the pedals down. Use a real bike, sit down and sprint up hills for max strength but be ready to feel like a huge pussy when your knees almost collpase the next day.

singlespeed

t. bought PTON @37$