Are carbs the enemy?

Are carbs the enemy? I have been trying to diet a bit but I am just having a hell of a time with it. I am 220 pounds and about 18-20 percent body fat. I want to drop 20 pounds. I have been thinking of ways to stifle my diet and work in some cardio as well. I stopped eating sweet potato slices with my lunch and instead now eat fruit. However, I am still staying the same weight. I was already eating at maintenance before I even started any diet stuff. So now that I am eating less calorie dense foods, how am I still maintaining my weight? I am even doing cardio now whereas before I was not. Am I somehow passively eating more than normal because I am more hungry? One thing I struggle with when it comes to dieting is just fending off that hunger feeling. I can push it off but then going to bed makes me feel really annoyed when I am hungry. Then I wake up incredibly hungry and eat way more than I normally would. Instead of a single 3 egg omelette, I would eat like two 3 egg omlettes with some oatmeal. I envy people who have a easier time with diets. I need to find a food that is low in calories but high in satiety and doesn't taste like ass I guess. A buddy was telling me no such food exists because anything that tastes good AND fills you up is innately calorie dense.

Attached: gigachad_RADAHN.png (755x773, 367.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/1/5/343/4786830
sci-hub.st/10.1093/ajcn/1.5.343
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My reddit HUGBOX sure does think so!!

No. You just eat too much

fUCK! How do I eat less and not want to kill myself? If I could just eat something high satiety and low calories, I would probably be fine. However from what I gather, some foods are definitely like that but you just won't stay full for long. So you could eat like 2 bags of pop corn and feel full but you will only feel full for like 30 mins.

Just eat more veggies. Potatoes are solid for carbs when cutting because they're high satiety too. Drink more water and get 1g/lb of protein from lean sources like chicken or turkey. Usually works well enough for me. After a few months I have to maintain for a month or two though if it's a deep cut, or I'll lose my mind and start overeating

I had good results with keto/carnivore/OMAD. Did it for two years. It worked for me because I wasn't hungry due to all the protein.

You can lose weigh without cutting carbs completely. But you should increase your protein and healthy fats. Though, if you do that, you'll eat less and thereby less carbs.

For me, dieting was about hunger avoidance, not weight loss. If I wasn't hungry, I wasn't eating.

Carbs have 4 calories per gram, protein the same, more or less. Fat has about 9. So when it comes to dropping excess calories from the diet, the first place to look is removing extra fat.

What is saying. You should be eating whole, unprocessed high quality foods - unprocessed meats cooked in natural fats, steamed rice of any kind with some low or no calorie dressing (no processed oils, however), boiled potatoes with some real butter added after mashing, etc. If you eat real foods your body will start recognizing that it has eaten enough and will satiate your desire to eat, unless you have a serious mental condition. I think people fixate on macros for weight loss instead of quality food preparation that improves the body's inbuilt ability to recognize where it is deficient or in need of extra nourishment. People complicate this shit so much. Eat real food.

I see. Thanks for the tips. I have been eating real food for the most part except for break fast. I have to work on my break fast because I just have no idea what to eat. I wake up at 4am and eat some oatmeal but then I am hungry again at work by 8am which is nowhere near my lunch time which is 12 noon. So I have no idea what to do in that dead period of 8am-12 noon because the last time I ate was at 4am.

I agree with everything you say but I would add that specifically when cutting, keeping protein high helped me maintain muscle mass and have higher satiation levels.

Why the fuck would you eat potatoes when cutting? That's just shooting yourself in the foot.

I would say do not eat that early in the morning if you do not want to be hungry 4 hours later. Think about it. If you woke up at 6 and ate breakfast, you would probably get hungry again at 10. Wait for a couple hours into your shift to have your oatmeal from a container. Or eat just before your shift starts. But eating as soon as you're awake will just make you hungry again, especially if it's more easily digested food like oatmeal.
Agreed. If you genuinely need to reduce caloric intake (most people do, or are just low-activity) then reducing carb or fat intake is usually best. Proper fats are so nutrient dense, it's better to reduce carbs over them.
Potatoes that are not full of syrups, oils, added sugars, etc are extremely healthy for you. Obviously don't go eating canola fried chips, and you won't be over-consuming in the calorie department. Boiled/oven roasted potatoes are incredibly good for you.

Carbs are bad if you are insulin resistant. If you are insulin sensitive carbs are fine

carnivore diet is how i broke through my plateaus
carbs aren't the enemy for most people but for me they destroy my appetite control and i end up binge eating
when i stick to the carnivore diet i never exceed my calorie goals and i never binge eat
carbs aren't bad for me physically but mentally they make things difficult

If you're trying to cut the #1 thing to do is eliminating carbohydrate. Most people don't need anything else.

The brain is part of the body

They're very filling. 1 large potato is like 250 calories but will make you feel far more full than 250 calories of rice, bread, or pasta. Carbs are important for muscle growth and recovery as well as energy for quality workouts. So eating more filling carb sources is better for cutting than less filling one's like rice that are better for bulking.

They're also a damn good source of potassium.

Off topic a bit but oatmeal makes me uncomfortably gassy. How do I prevent that? Does it have something to do with me eating refrigerated oats? I normally do that "overnight" oats thing where you mix it all up and chill it over night and the next morning its ready. Taste good this way too.

Attached: mortal_investigation.jpg (1024x768, 108.21K)

OP check this study. They figured it out a hundred years ago.

>Restriction of carbohydrate, alone, appears to make possible the treatment of obesity on a calorically unrestricted diet composed chiefly of protein and fat.
academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/1/5/343/4786830
sci-hub.st/10.1093/ajcn/1.5.343

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 13-52-18 Treatment of OBESITY with Calorically UNRESTRICTED DIETS.png (659x608, 109.22K)

this is why I think pure carnivore is a little silly. Any animal on earth will gorge themselves on honey if given the opportunity. Fresh fruit when not outright poisonous are the most incredible treat. A small amount of fruit with a mostly meat, fat, and tuber diet will do you just fine.
Only if you find yourself binging carbs. This is poor diet advice. Like telling new shooters to just aim high and to the right if they shoot low left.

Fruit is the plant drugging you to manipulate you. Plants are not your friend. Fructose is a mind manipulating poison.