Has anyone fully swapped out bb bench from their routine...

Has anyone fully swapped out bb bench from their routine? With dumbbells I feel my chest a lot more and I don't have any discomfort in my shoulders.

Actually thinking about why I do barbell bench my conclusion is that its just an ego thing. I want a big bench cause a big bench is impressive. I don't bench because it's the optimal exercise for muscle growth. There are better exercises for targeting the chest, triceps and shoulders.

Does this make sense or am I just being a pussy?

Attached: 1627678798477.png (640x640, 162.01K)

you're not wrong but also there is nothing wrong with wanting a big bench for its own sake

bb bench fucks my left forearm for some reason so I do it sparingly, mainly just to test 1rm

I have shoulder injury so i cant bench heavy, can i still build chest fine?

You need to do movements targeting your chest where the resistance is sufficient for you to be within 1-2 reps of failure while staying in the ~8-20 rep range

Definitely being a pussy.
No pain no gain.

Attached: thebeastGlass.jpg (620x487, 18.55K)

Yes powerlifting is ego lifting. Lifting big weights to feel more manly. Most powerlifting gurus have attitude of high schooler.

"The problem with many hypertrophy-based programs is that they leave out the strength component. You might get bigger as a result of the program, but if you don't get any stronger you're still a chump in my book.

That's right, I don't care how big you are, if you aren't strong you're a sham. Having big muscles and no strength is the training equivalent of wearing a strap-on. All show and no go. End of story."

Jim Wendler

Attached: 3301018_mj_png96f691dc4de5a7b1237bb1bfb3b5973d.png (640x458, 176.08K)

Ive been doing Machine Chest Press and getting quicker gains than when i did BB Bench. Just feel it in my chest more.

dumbbells are probably better but I fucking hate the whole process of picking up the dumbbells and getting into the starting position. Bench press is so much easier to start

I used to clean them into a front rack before sitting down. Never understood the kick them up thing.

But my gyms dumbbells max out at 100s, so I'm doing machine chest press like now.

>grab 50lb dbs
>do a set
>grab 60lb dbs
>do a set
>grab 70lb dbs
>do a set
>et cetera
And you either have to wipe them off every time or seem like you don’t wipe down your weights if you do it all at the end

DB chest flies and bench press for a killer combo workout. Thank me later once you get a big butt chest, pair that with dips and its solid.

I feel it more but it's weaponized aids for my shoulders. Cant do it without pinching no matter what.
im struggling to visualize a front rack with dumbbells, could you explain it more? Because I really struggle with keeping my shoulders locked when I do the kick up thing and its impossible to get properly tight once you're laying down on the bench

If you are doing hypertrophy work and not doing say power cleans for strength at least, you are missing out.

Nothing wrong with doing both, but for super heavy sets (1-3 reps) stick to bb. I've seen people try to max on dumbbells and go horribly wrong when they don't complete the rep

i just feel safer with dumbbells since i do it alone in my room. less of a chance paramedics find me dead with crushed chest cavity and my desktop signed in, browsing history still open for everyone to see

I stopped doing squats and bench for similar reasons. I just hate doing barbell squats and they are 100% not required if you aren't into powerlifting. You can target all those muscles better with other movements. I only care about having a big deadlift as far as strength goals go so I get a lot of posterior chain work that way so it's doubly unneeded.

Stopped benching for similar reasons. If your goal is to get a big bench all of the sudden the lift becomes insane complicated with a million q's. Break the bar apart to activate the lats, tuck the elbows, keep constant leg drive, 360 degree bracing etc etc. I enjoy that sort of technical shit with deads but with bench it blows.

I'm betting money you're an asslet

I do sumo deads as my primary deadlift accessory work so you'd lose money

post body, tiny.

>disappointed in my arms
>decide to switch to close grip bench
>triggers the fuck out of my shoulder
can't do it bros.

The dumbbells at my shitty gym only goes up to 36 kg so I had to switch back to BB. Getting the dumbbells in position is also pretty awkward and I feel like I could easily injure myself getting in position with my max weight.
If I worked out in a gym with heavier dumbbells and a gym buddy to help me get in position I'd go back to dumbbells though

Your grip is either too close or you're touching the bar too high up on your torso

is there really any major difference between size and strength. I don't get how you could increase size with little change in strength. Even if you train in high reps you're still gonna need to increase weight

i haven't done bb bench in a long time
only db and i'm still making gains, better chest than most
4x mr olympia himself jay cutler does the same

Like so.
Sit down with them still racked, then as you lay back, rotate and extend your arms to the top position. Practice it with light weights a few times.

Attached: th-3196095538.jpg (474x266, 16.81K)

my shoulder is just a bitch from water polo. I already have to do the bulldog grip on regular bench and i can't really do it with close grip. Did one set and went oh no no no no no.