/fast/ - Fasting General

>Last thread

>How do I fast/ safely do an extended fast?
It's easy! Just DON'T EAT. Anything with calories will break your fast - consume artificial sweeteners and zero-calorie drinks such as black coffee/ tea, Diet Coke, etc. at your own discretion.
If you're planning to fast for any longer than 72 hours, take your fucken' salts. Take Snake Juice*, or supplement electrolytes.

*SNAKE JUICE RECIPE:
2L Water
1tsp Potassium chloride
1tsp Sodium chloride
( OPTIONAL ): 1tsp Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) - makes its taste less hellish, recommended for longer fasts.
( OPTIONAL ):1tsp Magnesium
Mix and sip it throughout the day, don't drink all of it at once.

>What's IF/ OMAD/ ADF?
IF = Intermittent Fasting; fasting daily with a shorter eating window. 16:8 (16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window) is the minimum cycle. Beginners should start with this and gradually work their way up to longer fasts through weekly intervals.
OMAD = One Meal a Day, most commonly eaten within a one-hour maximum timeframe.
ADF (OMEOD) = Alternate Day Fasting. Fast for a day, eat for another, repeat.
>What are rolling 48s/72s/96s?
Rolling 48s entail fasting for 48 hours following a meal, refeeding (within a one-hour window), and repeating. It's the same senitment with rolling 72s/ 96s/ etc. It's recommended to refeed at your TDEE or higher with a low-carb and high-protein/fat content meal.

( Extra )
>How much weight will I lose per week?
It's dependant on your TDEE and stats; for each respective day you fast, you expend your TDEE. Universally, one pound of fat is 3500kcals.
(TDEE x average days fasted per week) / 3500 = lbs lost per week. Divide by 2.205 to convert to kilos.
TDEE CALCULATOR: tdeecalculator.net/

>Which fasting app do I use?
Install the free Life Fasting app and search John Boot in the circles tab to join the Any Forums group.

Keep fastin', user!

Attached: 1649506169265.jpg (665x768, 67.15K)

>snake juice meme
RIP your kidneys

Is working out while fasting good? Meaning you haven't had a breakfast or anything and your first meal is after the workout.

Attached: 1608604681831.jpg (600x882, 134.54K)

I've lost 3lbs per day for the last two days. 1lb per day is usually my absolute max while fasting. I'm actually kind of worried now.

I'm scared to try this fasting stuff

Your ancestors had no choice and yet here you are, fat as ever and surrounded by too much food.

I worked out yesterday and I am 24h into my 48h fast (roll them with a meal in between). Did 10 minutes of heavybag boxing and 20 minutes of jogging.

Feel fine overall but I am 20lb overweight so ymmv

How do you do this if you have a job? Salt water makes me shart and shit myself all the time. No idea what I'd do if that happened at a workplace. Gotta take spare pants and undies everywhere or something

>hurf da durf xdddd pfffffsshh
rip your brain

The key is to SIP, don't shotgun that shit just sip slowly. Also, lower the concentration don't be married to a recipe, experiment and see what you like.

>Salt water makes me shart and shit myself all the time.
literally never happens to me
you drink too much of it or havent gotten used to it yet

It's getting hotter. Don't forget to drink water lads.

Attached: 1647856665433.jpg (510x346, 27.63K)

Don't eat ao much and you won't have anything to shit? Take fiber with your meals? Stop taking so many dicks in your butt?

Actually shitting yourswlf regularly sounds like a real medical problem. That's not a normal thing.

Were you constipated?
Sometimes if I get backed up I can pack on 4-5 extra pounds and then when I take a big poop I drop back down

Even sipping it makes sharting more likely, at least in my experience. Actually done it at the start of this week. Feels kinda awful.
Have you actually ever tried drinking SJ? Admittedly I used to drink 1-2L bottles just to make hunger go away. I ended up shooting pressurized water out of my arse at a 90 angle. Always had to clean the toilet afterwards. Even if you don't eat, you'll pee out of your bum instead.

Anyway I'm doing this one last time and for good, then I shift to small regular means and no more shitting myself inshahallah.

>small regular means
*meals. lol.

What's the magnesium for in snake juice?

Just broke my 114h fast with some raspberries and strawberries from our garden

Attached: 07D584C8-B2A2-44DA-A8DF-22C465336B66.jpg (540x540, 103.22K)

It's an electrolyte that most people are deficient in. I notice I sweat a lot more when I take Mg, not necessarily a bad thing.

I broke my 12 hour fast with some eggs

Does fiber break a fast?

>our
Normies get out reeeeee

I ordered some everbearing strawberry plants and they died because they packed them sideways, the roots got exposed, and they got fried. You can see one of them started growing sideways. I should be getting some replacements soon.

Attached: 20220613_192402.jpg (4032x3024, 3.76M)