RUNNER CHADS UNITE

RUNNER CHADS UNITE

is a 30 min 10k achieavable natty?
also how many calories would you burn?

Attached: cristiano amogus.jpg (370x529, 26.36K)

30 min 10k is very very fast
like the womens world record is 29 minutes something and that was set this year iirc.

what if i run 10k downhill

downhill is way harder to run down

30 min I would say is significantly harder than like 2x bw bench to put in perspective. It will require good genetics and many years of consistent training. You will probably have to run around 100km per week including interval training for long periods, and definitly every day. Forget about having any significant size on your frame. Unless you really like running AND have natural talent for it (high ratio of endurant muscle fibres + quick responder to training) I wouldn't recommend it.

It’s achievable natty sure but incredibly difficult. It’s very close to pro runner tier essentially. I don’t think you see many hobby runners doing it.

What if I run downhill with heelies

Just bench press retard.

How much should I spend on shoes? Is 100-120 good?

t. noob

You can get last year's models for extremely good deals. Nike Pegasus 38 is a great starter shoe.

-40min 10k is like the cutoff point between active hobby runner (quite fast ones at that) and full commitment runners with HR-training plans etc.
-30min 10k is downright impossible for anyone >25yo without a history of endurance sports.

Anything

Attached: 616DFDC0-EE5B-4C67-B9CC-E20F575FE1BF.jpg (1080x830, 93.94K)

Should I get a rocker shoe or more traditional design? Personally, I was leaning towards Asics because Nikes I've had before haven't felt great.

It's personal preference, really. It's not like one will make you any faster or any less prone to injury.

it takes while to know whats for you. There are a couple of things like how fast shoes are, if they support or not, softer or harder, drop from 0mm to 12mm, etc. It can be very complex. Heres a thought:
>running store
>get that initial advice
>buy recommended shoe
>put some 400-600km into it
>learn what suits you best during
>buy next shoe on your own
>transition from old to new shoe within next 200km or so
>ditch old shoe around 800km+-
>repeat

These are good points.
To add to them:
>Do not be afraid to not like a shoe. They're pieces of sporting equipment. You can't be expected to like every tennis racquet or pair of skis.
>If you don't like a shoe and can't return it to the store, selling it on eBay is a good way to recoup some costs.

I tested running in the flattest shoes possible after reading Born to Run, excellent book - Xero shoes make incredibly cheap sandals, the Genesis model
The ultimate shoe for steady-state, long-distance running, it turns out, is as little shoe as possible
Completely unfucks your form in ways you'd never known it was fucked, given few if anyone pays for a running coach
My 55yo dad tried them, went from needing a week for his joints to recover from 5km runs to being able to do them every day

Dunno about vibram fivefingers, I'd imagine they work the same, but the Genesis sandals are worth the small expenditure for an experiment

> t. marathonfag

Attached: basedshoes.jpg (979x697, 169.95K)

Barefoot guys are the keto cultists of running

That would be relatively easy then.
An average college runner would beat even the best female runners.

and, much as with any other cultist, engaging them about their religion is counterproductive.

If you have good genetics and train like a supreme autist it's propably doable
I'll be happy if I ever reach 40 min 10k

Attached: let me think.jpg (180x180, 8.71K)

>is a 30 min 10k achieavable natty?
The world record for a 10k road race is 26m24s for men and 29m14s for women.
The world record for the 10,000m (the track event, not road) is 26m11s for men and 29m01s for women.
In the NCAA Division I championships, the men's 10,000m winner regularly puts in a time in the 29 minute range.

So if you assume that those world class athletes are natural then it simply requires the training necessary to become that level of world class.